Shadowlands Heroic Dungeons?

Hello!

I am a returning player from the “Battle for Azeroth” era. If I upgrade to “Dragonflight”, can I still do normally all “Shadowlands” content such as Heroic Dungeons or will I be overlevelled to do them via the automatic LFG-tool?

I do not want to miss the content of “Shadowland” if I upgrade to “Dragonflight”.

Thank you!

You’ll get locked out of the Shadowlands dungeon finder once you level to 61, and unfortunately, you can’t turn off XP above level 59. (And Shadowlands content will still give good XP at 60, so you will hit 61.) So, I’d finish up any Shadowlands stuff you want the dungeon finder for before you upgrade to Dragonflight.

I have no idea if the Shadowlands dungeons are easily soloable at 70. (I haven’t done much Dragonflight stuff.)

1 Like

Thank you!

Is timewalking for Shadowlands still a thing?

I just checked my account: I got “Shadowlands” as a gift. If I do not upgrade to “Dragonflight” so far, I should not hit level 61, right?

Once all normal dungeons and heroic ones are done, I would update to “Dragonflight” and I will continue with the story lines.

Would this work?

Thank you!

Timewalking can refer to a couple of things. One of those is the ability during Timewalking Dungeon weeks to queue for dungeons from the the expansion the event is for and be scaled down to it’s level. Shadowlands is not currently part of that rotation.

The other one is Chromie Time, which allows older content to scale up to your character, but only up to 59. (At 60, you get kicked out and can’t access the system — so again, no help in your case unless you haven’t hit 60 yet and lock your level at 59.)

Finally, there is party sync, where you can group up with another player who is in the level range for content and be scaled down to the level appropriate for the content. (You should be able to then queue up for the dungeons together.) So, if you’ve got a friend with characters below 60, that would remain an option if you bought Dragonflight.

Yes, that’s probably the easiest way to handle things.

1 Like

Ok, I just reached level 60 and I cannot queue for Shadowlands content anylonger.

How do I complete Shadowlands quests that are linked to dungeons?

I am not member of a guild. I really need the tool as it used to work.

Thank you!

A google search turns up this support article:

So, it looks like there’s a bug preventing people from queuing for Shadowlands stuff at 60 even without the Dragonflight expansion. Unfortunately, they don’t seem to be in any hurry to actually fix it. (The article is 4 months old.)

So, at this point unless you want to wait for a fix that may not come, you’ll have to go to the entrance manually. If you can find someone to help you, that would be the best option if you don’t want to move on to Dragonflight. I remember I was able to solo some of the normal dungeons at the end of Shadowlands in Zereth Mortis gear, but it was rough. The other option is to buy Dragonflight and level up so you can solo them.

I will probably buy the expansion and level up and raid a lot and then solo the Shadowlands expansion. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Are BFA Dungeons soloable at 70?

Pretty sure yes.
We went in and smashed Freehold on I forget if it was normal or heroic, just so my wife could see what it looked like before we did it on M+.

There were 2 of us, and both bears, but still, I’d imagine unless you go in as a low geared clothie, you should be ok.

1 Like

Some of the BfA end game content (like raids) still only scales to 50, so I decided to take a peak at the Motherload dungeon. It scales to 60 on normal, but only to 50 on heroic and mythic. My fairly well geared 60 (ilvl 245ish) was able to take out the first couple packs in both heroic and mythic without too much issue.

So, even though it’s counter-intuitive, they’ll be easier on heroic/mythic than normal for soloing. From the pulls I did, it felt pretty soloable with gear at 60 on heroic. Mythic probably depends more on class/spec/patience. 70 should be trivial on those difficulties.