Shadowlands heroes "leak"

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/2509098-Additional-Shadowlands-Details-(pinch-of-salt)

get a slice of the newest “leak” while it is still fresh

6 Likes

While it’d be neat if all that was legit, I’m not sold.

For one thing, while most of the choices make sense, ‘High Astromancer Solarian,’ is a stretch for the velves. She was a raid boss, and an easily forgettable one. I’m surprised the Highmountain wouldn’t get Huln.

Lightforged Undead Allied Race paired with Undead Elves also seems laughably unlikely. Blizzard isn’t dumb enough to give the Horde three varieties of elves and leave the Alliance at two, particularly with an outstanding request for helves.

Honestly, most of this list is just common sense sprinkled in with looking at notable NPCs from different races on the wiki. High Astromancer Solarian, in particular, strikes me as evidence of this, when the velves could’ve had Dar’khan Drathir, which would make more sense as it was his research that led them to where they ended up.

Gnomes could’ve had Thermaplugg, while Mechagnomes could’ve had King Mechagon.

Also, the fact the poster listed Vindicator Caeduum for the Lightforged instead of Blademaster Telaamon is just evidence whoever is making these leaks is primarily a Horde poster. An Alliance player doesn’t witness Caeduum’s death. Telaamon’s is infinitely more emotional for Alliance players.

19 Likes

Not even leakers seem to know what to make of this game anymore.

5 Likes

The longer I look at the list, the easier it becomes to pull apart. Take the Forsaken, for example. Grand Apothecary Putress. Why would they use him of all characters when they could’ve given us Zelling back at least for one expansion?

Not only do these leaks come from a Horde poster, but it’s one with little interest in the story if they couldn’t piece that much together.

Maraad died on AU Draenor, is his soul even accessible to us?

7 Likes

People have said for ages that Solarian would have made much for sense than Dar’khan as a source of research for Umbric’s group. Taking potentially interesting no-names from past content and building them up is something I’d be absolutely okay with.

I’d also be fine with them using Ulan instead of Huln, just because the former would have been High Chieftain within the lifespan of the player character HM tauren and we know absolutely nothing about him.

6 Likes

Humans - Anduin Lothar (contrary to a detail in the other leak - Varian is gone for good, his soul was obliterated)
Dwarves - Modimus Anvilmar
Night Elves - Kur’talos Ravencrest
Gnomes - No deceased hero, gets Mekkatorque instead
Draenei - Vindicator Maraad
Worgen - Liam Greymane
Void Elves - High Astromancer Solarian
Lightforged Draenei - Vindicator Caeduum
Dark Iron Dwarves - Dagran Thaurissan
Kul Tirans - Daelin Proudmoore
Mechagnomes - No deceased hero, gets Mekkatorque instead
The Redeemed - Arthas Menethil (Racial leader for this final allied race is Calia Menthil)

Lightforged Draenei - Vindicator Caeduum

:expressionless:

There can be only one.

2 Likes

Putress was the lead engineer behind the Blight and one of the only Forsaken I can think of to openly challenge Sylvanas. Considering Magatha freaking Grimtotem was an order hall follower, I could believe it.

2 Likes

I’d be fine with that if we were seeing that across the board. But when you put characters like Anduin Lothar and Ogrim Doomhammer on that list next to characters like Ulan Highmountain and High Astromancer Solarian, it paints a very bleak picture.

It’s very clear these are fake, and whoever wrote them just did a cursory glance at the wiki for names for characters for races they didn’t know much about.

6 Likes

Pulls out reading glasses

Starts out strong. “This comes from a trusted friend at Blizzard.”

That’s certainly a janky @ss way to deal with power creep, that much is certain. It means kicking that can of “You are a unstoppable god” down the road until they figure out a better way to address it.

Ouch poor Varian. I will chuckle at Daelin Proudmoore. And long live Arthas Menethil.

Lmao, effing Putress. Also get bodied Delaryn.

You know I actually hope this is real, if only because I will love the absolute s#($storm of the undead elves being a new generation of Darkfallen, and bloody Arthas Menethil coming back.

I do like the name of “The Redeemed”. It’s the right amount of eff you I’d expect from Blizzard, though assuming this is fake, I believe ‘Redeemed’ has been kicked around for ages now.

5 Likes

Thank you for posting these “leaks” so I don’t have to hunt them down when someone else inevitably mentions them as though we should all know everything about every leak ever posted.

As for the leak… if it was real and they gave us Kael’thas and didn’t let us keep him I would be SO FREAKIN’ SALTY about it for the rest of my life. Which god do I have to sacrifice Aethas to for Blizzard to fix what they did to Kael’thas?

5 Likes

Now I checked out the mmochamp forum and they mentioned a ptr build already disproves this…but I don’t see a PTR build. So what’s up?

the new ptr build reveals that the war campaign is ending in 8.2.5 and we get a title called the veteran of the fourth war, which further implies that after 8.2.5 the war is over, which makes it unlikely for there to be a faction raid in 8.3 in stormwind

2 Likes

But wasn’t the premise according to that one leak that it was the Alliance and rebels against Sylvanas’s army from Helheim, at least until Bolvar returns from his home planet and drives the rebels back to Sylvanas’s side?

The person making this picked Ulan Highmountain over Huln?

Also I will admit… had this been presented as an idea rather than a “leak,” I’d probably have voiced my support of it. It seems neat, but very fake.

3 Likes

the leak is that sylvanas invades stormwind which leads to everyone’s deaths and we join her in the afterlife

but if the war ends in 8.2.5 then it makes it unlikely for there to be any sylvanas raid in 8.3 as either she will be defeated or we will be defeated in 8.2.5. remember the war is with her

1 Like

Is the war with her? I know she’s the final target, but she both has an extra life(I have no idea how many people in-universe are even aware of that) and, for some reason, the support of most of the Horde aside from the racial leaders(sans Geya’rah, because she’s a lunatic) and a few others.

I know I’m playing devil’s advocate, but I desperately want to see that dumpster fire of a story happen. I know Blizzard has it in them to top Garrosh in a DeLorean.

the war is more or less alliance and horde vs sylvanas. (at least after 8.2) right now the plan the alliance and horde have is to depose sylvanas from orgrimmar and then unite against nzoth (see the dialog the horde and alliance leaders have after we beat azshara and turn in the quest)

1 Like

Seriously? Putress? Someone has no clue about the story.

15 Likes

…why do we need the Shadowlands when we could enter Thros?

I find these ridiculous “leaks” more fun and interesting than the actual story ingame.

8 Likes