Shadowlands Havoc changes

We get immolation aura baseline and dark slash buffs blade dance and chaos strike…

No real changes…RIP

3 Likes

Keep in mind this is just a teaser of sorts. There have been more changes, they just decided they wanted to highlight other classes more.

I mean, that’s the optimistic way of taking this, sure.

But, they could have also dropped a, “We have other ideas and changes in store for DHs that we aren’t ready to share at this time!”

Fact of the matter is, most classes are getting 4-5+ abilities returned, Talent reworks, and ability changes. Havoc is getting basically nothing. It’ll play and feel the exact same that it does now as far as we know.

4 Likes

It’s a first look, but i’m not going to expect more than this.

Baseline Immolation Aura will be nice, though.

2 Likes

But we already have immolation aura wtf

1 Like

As a talent not baseline. Now we get to glpyh it!

1 Like

The only “upside” of Baseline Immo Aura is we’ll get a new talent in it’s place. I just don’t see this talent changing all that much. It’ll be another Resource Generator and life will go on.

Yeah Glass half full mentality but I agree with the comment below they could have said we are still looking into more changes for Havoc or additions. They didn’t which means they are most likely going to be looked over. Adding immolation Aura is ok I guess. It will just mean we will have to lock in another talent now. Also the added resource cap is kinda lame a few extra hits if you plan on pooling your resource. At least Vengeance seems interesting. Otherwise it will just be the same class without Haste boosts from azerite traits gonna feel like a wet noodle for dps.

1 Like

What new changes are you expecting? The only thing I might want is a more dynamic rotation for Havoc and Veng. Otherwise DH already has a lot.

1 Like

I’d be happy if they also added First Blood baseline and straight out removed Dark Slash. Dark Slash is such an annoying talent! I don’t like the Arms playstyle and absolutely dread the possibility of it being the best talent for that row.

4 Likes

Havoc plays fine now. Theres really no changes needed for the class. You guys are insane. Rofl.

Vengeance getting a rework is major and needed.

9 Likes

They have a lotttt of work to do on DHs in order to “un-prune” us to the level of other classes. I would be surprised if they had an announcement already.

Making baseline a talent everyone already has been choosing for 4 tiers (due to power, not popularity) is a pretty easy first step.

I hope they allow us to keep the FD-DB playstyle. Sometimes I don’t want to feel like an Enh shaman.

Havoc is not fine, i am someone who do m15+ key and a lot of pvp.

A havoc can’t be first at the dps meter during the M+
A havoc can’t kill a healer in arena without waiting the dampening to be 80%.

We need some buff damage or new finishing spells and not some ridiculous Immolation Aura from talent to baseline

3 Likes

I was 2400 in pvp last season, not even bothering with this season because corruption in arena is stupid and I do 21+ keys in time.

Are you insane rofl.

8 Likes

But it’s still not the end and as some have already mentioned, it’s still very early. Some other specs have had about the same amount of announcements as we had.

I would absolutely love to have some more buttons to press and I believe they must go that route to have us in par with other classes that should be getting several abilities back.

Immolation Aura being made baseline is a start as it frees that talent row for more options and maybe more abilities. I really hope First Blade is given the same treatment in that regard, because it’s absolutely horrible even imagining playing the spec without this talent.

I’m not very optimistic about Essence Break (Dark Slash), but let’s see what we get that can compete and/or synergize with it.

This is untrue. I also partake in those activities and have done several +19s and a decent amount of rated PvP. Havoc is in a very good spot, in such a way that we cannot complain. We are one of the best picks for M+, decently above average in Raids and also above average in PvP.

A damage buff is not needed, but I would absolutely love to get new abilities. And Immolation Aura baseline helps us a lot as it gives us more options and build diversity. Demon Blades with Immolation Aura is going to be awesome.

2 Likes

Probably for pve but for pvp demonic appetite is a must.
So the immolation aura thing is more or less useless.

1 Like

free damage is useless? They can pick demon blades and have immo aura. You guys are funny. 2 resource generators so you can just spam chaos strike even more with demo appetite build

3 Likes

do you play DH or are you trolling ?
If you choose Demon Blades you lose demon’s bite, so how can you proc Demonic appetite ( a must for pvp ) ?

stop your trolls

Demon blades gives you resources for free so you dont have to press demons bite and waste precious gcds?

You never have to press demons bite (because you get DEMON BLADE) and can just spam chaos strike with immolation aura. I don’t think you know how havoc works. I was 2400 in arena last season, and I have rank 4 conflict to prove it. Maybe RBG is different but wasting GCDs for demons bite is pretty meme.

So by not using Demon’s bite, you want wait an RNG to regen your Fury?
You just sayed you don’t like corruption RNG, and know you want a whole class to be based on an RNG ?
Or you probably thing the useless immolation aura 80fury in 10s is enough ?

1 Like