Shadowlands- Guerrilla Tactics vs Butchery

Any survival hunters on beta tested these two talents out by chance? I have access to the PTR and have done some personal testing. At level 50 at least it looks like Butchery may, in fact, be viable for single target again. Just curious if there’s anyone out there that can corroborate this little hope of mine!

I asked a similar question a few days ago. No one seems to be doing any real testing of survival on beta.

It might come down to which legendary you have. There is a case for both but don’t have beta so cant do logs of it.

I seriously doubt it’ll be viable for single target. Butchery costs 30 focus and deals 88% AP in damage, while Raptor Strike costs 30 focus and deals 100% AP in damage. The only benefit Butchery has is the 1s reduction in Wildfire Bomb CD on cast, and I doubt that can make up the 12% AP difference, much less all of the other talent interactions with Raptor Strike.

The only time I could see it is if you take the Flame Infusion conduit and the Butcher’s Bone Fragment legendary. However, since that combo comes at the cost of other legendaries and conduits, and if Butchery is not worth using in ST without them (which appears to be the case), that legendary/conduit combo starts behind the other option and would have to be tuned substantially stronger to be worth using.

A better Question is if GT is stronger than Hydra.

Butchery Prob won’t be picked any time soon for yet another expac

The Butchers Bone Fragment Legendary is the only thing that can make butchery see play in single target. It would have to beat out Guerrilla tactics and the cluster bomb legendary. The 1s reduction on wildfire bomb cd might make a difference but no one is doing logs of these to test.

I can see Butchery/Butchers Bone be the go to for Mythic+ since you will have at least some single target increase instead of none like it is now. But we need logs either way.

Not really worth doing the logs for something so unlikely. Once SimC gets updated, we can just ram it through Raidbots to tell.

Makes since why Survival gets no changes.

Bombs aren’t target capped atm, so GT plus cluster is still stronger than Butchery Plus Bone Fragments.

Is it reasonable to expect pulls to be larger than 5 mobs now that most aoe spells have a target cap? Are the beta dungeons designed around this 5 target cap?

I don’t mind Guerilla tactics but carve feels so bad to press.