ShadowLands Ele is Saved

So it was a monday night and Im sitting there kneeling at my shrine to the Church of Earth Shock.

Fact is the big badge wolf was kinda spooked about ele design in shadowlands.

His faith was starting to waver. Mayb its time to trade in the wolf helm for some frosty boy cloths.
BFA ele design wasnt too kind and The Big Badge Wolf wasnt sure he could deal with trudging along an entire new expac begging for ques from people 400cr lower than him.

BoltDad kept admonishing me. Yo dumb B!tch… Eles gonna be fine. Blizzards gonna pull through and fix them. They wont leave you and the Church of Earth Shock hanging that hard just watch.

Wake up this morning and rub the crust out of my eyes. Vultz has sent me like 20 discord messages and 10 texts on my cell. Wat could have gotten him this riled up?

“Go to WoWhead now!”

Im expecting arcane to simply get some fixes and him to be hyped about that but my boy was hyped for both of us.

THEY FIXED ELEMENTAL SHAMAN IN SLANDS!

Few things going through my head.

1. wonder if all those dodgers are gonna ask me to que in Slands
  2. I wonder if we can get a BIG BADGE out of our Vault yup yup.

Just a warning. Elemental shaman in Slands gonna be insane with leggos / soulbinds / conduits. You wont have a big a$$ BOTE explosion to warn the clowns that your about to get dunked on.

I wont have to run into melee range to Lebron James on you fotm rerolls. I still can smell the Fel magic on you. You didnt always love Elemental shaman. We saw you queing Destro all of bfa. You are not welcome in the Church of Earth Shock.

Hope blizzard gives us some cool toys with pvp talents but im back to being excited for Slands.

^_-

13 Likes

Ele and SP look so fun so far can’t wait to test them

2 Likes

I’ll just line the church of earth shock 4head

3 Likes

i remember when u 1 shot crusader while he was streaming. lmfao. one of the best moments of all time. he was so pissed.

but tbh he did beat u guys after that. ginger kids never give up

2 Likes

Do you happen to have the clip?

i can’t even read this

you are so obsessed with yourself

1 Like

This right here, the prophecy

2 Likes

So I can play Thundercleave with my friend who’s rolling shammy in Slands? Yay! :grin:

1 Like

This reads infinitely better than a Dozer or Kopogero diary entry.

3 Likes

For real buff Boomy and all casters will be a force in their own right.

Ele and Spriest full so more polished in SL

BUFF MARKSMAN!

1 Like

whoosh*

^_-

Something you might fail to realize is some people don’t take themselves too seriously.

Forums are a fun place for me to mess with peeps that get upset and talk with the friends when I have down time.

Maybe just let your hair out a lil and have some fun with the game / people that also enjoy the game.

1 Like

Nobody enjoys BFA, we’re all just having our souls sucked out of our fingertips with every keystroke we make in-game. Posting on the forums just prolongs our total-soul-drainage as it takes us out of the game. That said, forum posting sucks our souls out at half the rate. When you’re like me and all your posts are longer than the Great Wall, it kind of ends up equaling out.

I wish I could play Thundercleave now, but I have no healer or Ele sham to play with because all of my friends refuse to play BFA. Because of the aforementioned soul-sucking.

I tried some ele on ptr but sadly es wasnt consuming fulmination stacks. However surge of power with stormkeeper was pretty sweet

1 Like

Despite it being the worst season ever and struggling to enjoy any type of serious pushes cuz the meta I’ve found fun Queing my frost mage while gearing.

I’ve had fun queing ele spriest hpal with nyoxx and a 2.2k exp hpal getting him his first ever glad and going to get him his 2.7 this week.

Games trash. Awful rn yes. But there’s still moments even in wows bad seasons that have made me laugh or enjoy the games with friends.

Maybe if I really really cared about rating I’d be having less fun cuz I’m not Queing as a destro hpal Mut Fire mage etc and not hitting 3k cr while playing like 1900 players.

Who knows.

2 Likes

I’m glad to hear that ele has received some nice changes. There are still a few players saying that they’re trying to make fulmination work like maelstorm from the way these changes seem. Its cool seeing LB contribute to fulmination but thematically doesn’t feel right and makes fulmination reach max so fast.

But as for leggos, I’m really keeping an eye out for that LB legendary which gets buffed from using a full fulmination stack. In a sense, that could bring back some of that sweet and rewarding big meatball dmg since we can now (from these recent changes) accumulate more fulmination stacks in a short peroid of time.

A lot of classes are seeming to be really, really good in Shadowlands. Can this be MoP 2.0 where every class is overloaded so the PvP is really fun? :joy:

2 Likes

There is a possibility we might get that same vibe, but it won’t exactly give us the same satisfaction because MoP class design was loaded. We could be seeing very similar gameplay tho with the right amount of tuning and changes for some classes, but I seriously doubt we will be seeing those same internal factors (the class depth and toolkit variety).

For instance, frost mages with return of deep freeze and removal of shimmer would be insane. Fire and arc can keep shimmer for all I care. And all hunter specs getting scatter or bursting shot back would be insane. Maybe even seeing gouge and the good old version of tricks of the trade come back for sub while boomkins getting back the Cata/MoP starsurge proc element would be very uplifting. And last but not least, WWs getting back FoF stun would be awesome. Just a few that I could think of, but changes like these where it inherently makes gameplay more enriching.

I’m still looking for a new main. Ret still seems to be dumpstered for another expansion and I can’t take it raw anymore.

I’m looking over ele, enh, spriest, maybe unh or arms. Don’t know what to do yet

2 Likes

Yes it will interact more like maelstrom system for ele.

This isn’t a bad thing. Maelstrom system was close to being very good for ele. The biggest issue was the way the dmg was tuned in terms of lava burst / casted dmg and also maelstrom spenders being underwhelming.

Atm es only hits hard with 20 stacks of lava shock so things like after shock don’t net much dmg since pressing es without those feels meh af and our lava burst tuning is super low.

Fulmination looks to change that in a sense since both es and fulmination will be more dmg on aftershock procs as well as things like conduits giving us more dmg on fulmination spenders. From what I’ve seen it looks to be a much more fluid maelstrom system which was already something that felt good in legion.

Ele design wasn’t bad because of maelstrom but more so the way the dmg was tuned.

They already did many things to buff casted dmg to feel better specifically lava bursts sp getting higher.

Add in things like the leggo that gives you 30% lava burst dmg for 10 seconds after spending 6 fulmination and lava burst dmg gets very high.

Also fulmination / aftershock interactions and not refunding on EQ cast is a much healthier system and allows them to tune EQ to be stronger in general per cast since we can’t rng 10 eqs our on aftershock rolls.

Pair this with a leggo like the 6 fulmination es buffs EQ dmg by 250% + aftershock rerolling to keep fulmination stacks that buff EQ by 160% I can see some fun interactions where we es aftershock reroll and have a 410% stronger EQ that trucks and also gives us good control with the mini stun.

Ice fury potentially going to be much higher value with the ele equil leggo as well since lava bursts would net you a 50% buff to frost shocks between mote (20%) and ele equil frost buff (30%) paired with the already 200% buff to ice fury frost shocks.

The talents are cleaner to a degree as well. I’m kinda excited and expecting to see a few diff builds that are all strong to come out of ele shaman due to conduits / leggos and the rework.

The main cool thing is meatball being something that’s scary again :slight_smile: and ele casted dmg being more rewarding

1 Like

Yeah definitely not, esp from a PvP standpoint. But you know, typical PvE/GD forumers have a problem with anything these days…

I’m really excited for the Fulm ES/LB legendary that increases your next LB dmg up to a max of 30% (6% per fulm stack ES). We won’t have the consistent LB dmg spike like how we did in MoP, but surely will bring out rewarding and creative gameplay with a touch of player agency. Idk if you find any other leggo super meaningful or perhaps even superior to this one from a PvP standpoint, but I genuinely feel like this one might be the go-to option for that unexpected setup/burst dmg. Surely there are other leggos that can promote a more interesting gameplay that might alienate from the typical and periodic “big meatball” playstyle, but I’d like an update on this (if you have access to the Beta and are messing around with a variety of playstyle options).

Btw I got most of this info from one of the recent Tiqqle’s videos as he was demonstrating the value of each and every legendary. He was quite fascinated by the LB buff the legendary gave following a full stack Fulm ES, but didn’t quite know if it was a bug or an intended buff since they weren’t clear on the legendary description whether LB dmg stacked based on the the number of Fulm ES stacks but obviously seemed to be the case.