Shadowlands Dragons

Anyone else think we’ll be seeing Ysera, Neltharion, or even Galakrond?

As far as I know Ysera’s soul was taken by Elune’s so I doubt it.

I am unsure about how the SL would work when it comes to Dragons. But if anything we could see those 2 being referenced in the Maw.

I have a feeling we are going to run into Sintharia.

Galakrond to me, seemed more primal than anything else. Doubtful we’ll see him at all.

Neltharion on the other hand, I’m pretty sure died a long time ago when Deathwing became fully corrupted. I’m not sure there is anything left of him other than memories that those who were around before he was corrupted remember of him.

Unlike Arthas, who showed signs of still retaining some semblance of his past self in WotLK, we never saw anything of the sort with Deathwing. I think the closest we may have gotten was when he retreated into Deepholm to recover.

Do we even know Dragon souls work like regular souls anyway? Since the aspects are just beefed up proto drakes and seem to be a natural part of the world, they could end up in the various elemental planes.

Well, for all we know, maybe that could lend credence towards her being there. They’ve told us that Elune will have a storyline of her own in Shadowlands with Tyrande, and we know that Ysera still has a presence in the Emerald Dream - which we’ve also been told has ties to Ardenweald.

You never know.

1 Like

I mean, sure, but we’ve been shown countless artificial afterlifes.

• Halls of Valor
  • Hellheim
  • Emerald Dream
  • Da Other Side
  • G’hanir (inside de ED)

It wouldn’t surprise me if Elune had her own little pocket dimension.

1 Like

Also true. But if she DOES have her own realm and given we know Elune will have a presence in Shadowlands, that leaves a high possibility that we might go to that pocket dimension, even if it’s just briefly.

1 Like

Do we really know she’s going to be in the next expac?

Sapphiron!

1 Like

Dragons are a sentient race like any other In the WoW universe, so I think they end up in the Shadowlands too.

Galakrond and Deathwing (Onyxia and Nefarian too) would definitely be in the Maw. I doubt we see them in game tho.
I think Malygos’ story is done too, but after the Nexus War, I think Revendreth is appropriate. Maybe as part of the punishment dragons are trapped in their mortal form.

I think Ysera will get a story in Ardenweald. Because we saw Elune interfere directly, she didn’t get sucked into the Maw like most others (as we then see her at the end of the EN raid, having momentarily crossed whatever link there is between Ardenweald and the Emerald Dream).

I think it would be cool to see some of the non-aspect dragon characters in the Shadowlands. Sapphiron would make a good Necrolord.

I’m low key expecting us to run into Malygos in some manner.

Elune: Takes a dragon’s soul to put into the stars, as she’s storied to do for all night elves.
Also Elune: whoops

Well I’d assume she probably makes exceptions y’know?

Probably a pocket dimension/magic ritual for extremely special cases.

I would like to Eranikus in the Shadowlands. We last saw him in Stormrage when he sacrificed himself to save Ysera.

2 Likes