Shadowlands DK PvP questions

Curious as to what the play-style is for both UH and Frost is currently, and how it’s shaping up for Shadowlands, and if they are in good shape or not(gutted, reworked etc). Haven’t played DK since WoD really so my knowledge of the current class design is minimal.

I know UH has diseases, Necrotic Strike and good self healing. I know Frost can do crazy burst when people are stacked up.

But what is the play-style like for UH/Frost? Heavy RNG? Good consistant dmg? Good burst dmg? Good tool kits? Sloggy? Immersive? Frustrating? Is the rune system engaging?

Thanks ^-^

1 Like

idk if you know this but shadowlands isnt out yet

1 Like

… really? Cmon man. Alpha is, and people can provide some insight i’m sure.

I dont think they’ve touched PvP talents or PvP at all and tbh, 100% would not be suprised if they dont at all

well the changed unholy mastery so it buffs pets as well as shadow dmg, so it will be even more pet focused spec. Frost is weird from what I’ve seen it’s basically the same, but the 2 handed spec is terrible and probably will get changes, might see big obliterates instead of just dot/chill streak dmg

There are alpha forums that you can read. I haven’t gone through any of this personally but you might find some answers to your questions here:

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/feedback-death-knight-class-changes/490709

It’s still alpha though, so things can change drastically and (as someone else mentioned) toolkits might not be fully implemented yet.

not really interested in frost but unholy plays really similarly

outbreak disease application works a lot like howling blast now is the biggest difference which is REALLY good for pvp
kind obnoxious for pve

one of the biggest annoyances with unholy is all the passive cleave, if you play with an hpal or hunter and you apply outbreak the target just has to run over the rep or trap and either outbreak will spread plague or plague will splash

both of those functions are gone giving you a lot more control over your splash damage

otherwise not much has changed minus losing azerite power and gaining covenant traits

I like things like lichborne being added back, as well as pet explosion

the most exciting thing to me is abomination limb (the maldraxxas power)

in its current form there are going to be a ton of caster tears and I’m ready for it

1 Like

So I heard and correct me if I’m wrong but , it seems they added magnums of the dead to frost u can possibly have multiple magnus of the dead minions to help damage. It feels like a unholy/frost or frost/unholy spec. Unfrost lol

Did they add pets to Frost? I haven’t seen that anywhere.

Not sure if we are allowed to but I’ll look for that video of ppl in alpha with it

Look at 24 :30 talks about the magnus of the dead and it seems it’s a anima ability not sure what that is… maybe someone can xplain thank you

you get buffs in torghast that do things that dont work in the outside world

this is one of them

1 Like