Shadowlands: Consolidated Priest Feedback (What does and doesn't work)

I’ve always found it odd that Shadow Priests build insanity instead of trying to stay sane.

I’m wondering if they should flip Voidform in the sense that hitting 100 insanity, kicks you out of voidform. So while some spells make you gain insanity, other spells use insanity and help you get rid of it. Maybe a passive insanity accumulation while using spells like Devouring Plague help dump insanity.

Either that or something like Boomkin Solar/Lunar cycles but for Sanity/Insanity. While Sane our Mind Blasts and Mind Flays do more damage and while Insane our Void Bolt and Devouring Plague do more damage. Or our Void Bolts do more damage while sane, but cause us to lose sanity and when we’ve reached Insanity we have to use something to help regain sanity.

4 Likes

I think that’s straying out of the remit of “Not reworking voidform”. Not that I don’t think some of those ideas are interesting

3 Likes

I made a joke a while back about being so desperate for a rework on shadow I’d settle for a crazy melee cultist that whacks people with a book as it’s melee weapon. Are we at that level of desperate yet? Should I start only speaking in ancient old god? XD

We already speak in old god once in VF and no one can understand us so we are half way there…let me grab my college textbook

1 Like

Preach released a video about 3 hours ago. He is really hoping for a big change/fix for shadow as well with the upcoming live stream and considering he’s a popular content creator within the blizzard community, having personally interacted with some of the devs, MAYBE he might have some more influence than what we all saying on the forums.

3 Likes

So something i’d like to point out concerning class feedback in the alpha class forums.

If you look at the amount & quantity of liked posts in the Priest section and then compare that with the other classes. Only the druid comes close to the amount and quantity of liked posts at just over 100 for the top liked post. Priest has over 400. The rest of the classes still hover around 10-70ish. The priest have an overwhelming presence and that means you have a lot of priests concerned for SL changes.

I just wanted to point that out the day before the massive update from Blizz. Just in case they try and say “we didn’t know there was so much support etc.”
We have at least 4x more support and up to if not more 40x support compared to the rest of the classes. That is absolutely shocking and should be a major wake up call.

13 Likes

Nice observation. Priest as a class isn’t as popular as druid is so there’s that too. Priests in general are very very frustrated and it feels like it’d be criminal to ignore the piles of negative feedback.

8 Likes

I will be remembering this. if nothing is done by beta and they use that excuse, ill be @ing every dev on twitter, they usually dont like being called out on lies. if you look at @watcherdev, which is Ion, someone brought up that cross realms issue that they haven’t touched on in a while and said they were going to work on (most likely forgot about or hoped we forgot about). you guys best believe ill be reminding them of that rework we were promised and never got around 8.1-8.2 and all this feed back on the alpha forums and these forums. and i will play the victim card too, im going to make them look like the next big bad of the next expansion too. All the crying emojis XD

6 Likes

This is it boys, tomorrow is probably our last hope at an actual rework before 10.0. Don’t make us suffer for another 2 years with a terrible foundation. Adding a gutted version of devouring plague isn’t enough.

I’m ready for disappointment, but I hope I’m wrong #removevoidform.

10 Likes

Oh i’m definitely gonna be their but I’m not holding my breath and honestly running low on hope

9 Likes

Here’s to hoping they put the sine wave back in the trigonometry textbook where it belongs.

2 Likes

Well, that stream happened. I was hoping to hear something about class review but it sounds like it won’t be until just prior to release. It’s unfortunate since he talked about the pally covenant ability that was just not fun. On the flip side there are classes that feel “not fun” to play but for some reason they’re not addressing it. Sadness.

2 Likes

Nothing announced for priests on the stream.

1 Like

what shocked is they are willing to redesign Paladins Night Fea ability from scratch but not VF?!!

So the whole “its too late to remove VF because it beta and they don’t do reworks in beta” is out the window.

4 Likes

we’re aware™
it’s only alpha™
it’s still beta™
it’s still PTR™
they can hotfix it™
we’ll look at it in x.0™

11 Likes
  • [Shadow Word: Pain] 1.8% of Base Mana. 1.2% of Base Mana.

Priests are saved

10 Likes

I’m tired of borrowed power systems. It feels like they’re hoping that fixes it.

5 Likes

yes they mentioned that conduits are spec specific and the moment they said that I knew they going to try and fix Voidform through them…in other words BFA2.0

2 Likes

I just read they gave warlocks interrupts…what happened to homogenization? wasn’t warlock fantasy the OP caster that melts everything before it can even finish casting…or does homogenization only apply to Spriest. HYPOCRISY
#REMOVEVOIDFORM

5 Likes

Just pick the best DPS class right now for M+, and start grinding gear for SL. Then barely anyone will be playing spriest by SL and they will finally take the f***in’ hint.

3 Likes