Shadowlands: Consolidated Priest Feedback (What does and doesn't work)

I just reread it again as well, they dont want to heavily rework a broken spec, but have no problem reworking a good spec (arms) into something even better. Here is what we want blizz #reworkshadowpriest #removevoidform

9 Likes

This interaction is exactly the reason why it’s apparent they haven’t been testing the spec. They managed to make this awkward spec even more awkward. Lmao. So glad I unsubbed. No representation for my favorite class and spec at ALL.

5 Likes

yep ive had my priest sense ive been 13 im not 27…and guess what? I hate voidform.

3 Likes

That’s precisely what i been thinking. they can spend weeks figuring out the fine tweaks of Aff lock but god forbid they listen to what priest have to say and actually sit down for 2 weeks to work on the spec. Disgusting

7 Likes

Void Form is straight garbage and it always has been. It was a hand-me-down from Warlock’s old Metamorphosis and has been a stain on Shadow ever since. The most recent changes to Shadow in the Shadowlands Alpha do absolutely nothing to make this spec even remotely fun. The only solution is to remove Void Form from the game; it never should’ve been there from the beginning.

5 Likes

So basically they admit that VF only works on %10 of content (Raids/boss fights) and it does not work on the other %90 of content ( Mythic+,leveling, outdoor content, and solo content)

yet insist on making the whole spec oriented around VF (%10 of WoW content) and decide to give us one tiny spell (DP) to use on the rest of %90 of the content?..what the heck?

So in other words this is code for we don’t wanna bother and rework the spec to address the problems. WHY?

#removevoidform

10 Likes

I really had no pretenses on anything. My cynicism came from years of disappointment, so only actions would of changed that outlook and opinion at this point. I honestly do not think we will see anything meaningful before Shadowlands, nor do I expect a redesign.

Voidform is some developer’s baby, they have likely staked their reputation on the concept; and thus to remove it would damage their office cred. Their cred and thus the currency they can burn in office meetings is all that matters, not players enjoyment of the class. This is fine with me either way. My Priests make capable NPC characters for my purposes now.

2 Likes

Outside of any of the anger, disappointment, discussions, etc.

This is just a sad thread to me. How much people who love the game have been reduced to echoes wailing into a seemingly empty void. It’s almost like watching someone die slowly in the desert of thirst, then for them to rejoice at the sight of water. Only to find out it’s just a mirage.

Feelsbadman :frowning:

4 Likes

It is painfully obvious at this point that they randomly updated priest with something, so we couldn’t legitimately keep the “X days since Blizzard response/feedback…” thread rolling.

3 Likes

I can’t help but be happy that we finally got some kind of response.

However, this quote just hurts my soul, "Rather than heavily re-designing Void Form, we’re introducing a new tool for these combat situations with the return of Devouring Plague. "

I think others have probably said this already, but the above can be translated to the following, “We can’t be bothered to improve your spec, here is some garbage that shares the name with an iconic spell you used to have. This will be another expansion where you MUST depend on our new convoluted systems to do anything.”

1 Like

If they make DP good enough it seems like you could just ignore VF and spend your insanity on DP instead. Maybe they could add in a DP focused legendary that makes it better than VF even in long fights.

2 Likes

I’m not a priest and I feel really bad for y’all.

10 Likes

Yeah this definitely finalized my decision. In hindsight I am upset that I spent money on a Shadowlands pre-order but that is my fault. Live and learn, I guess. I don’t mean to be rude but I fail to see how anyone can see this as Blizzard trying to communicate. They put out a build with a really halfassed change for the spec and blatantly said they do not want to put in the effort to chance Void Form (despite it being the #1 complaint across the 4+ years people have been asking for changes). This is not a step in the right direction and it is in no way a legitimate attempt from Blizzard to improve the spec or to try and communicate with the players. They saw that people wanted Devouring Plague back but ignored everything else that went with it as well as everything people dislike about current Shadow Priest.

This changes was to shut us up and so that other people would see that they “gave Shadow DvP back which is exactly what they were asking for!” and now they don’t have to put real effort into fixing the spec. It is a win-win for Blizzard but a huge loss for anyone who wants this spec to feel good to play and to be recognized by other players outside of certain raid settings. My subscription is now canceled and even if they manage to piece together enough of their beloved borrowed power to make Shadow OP on day 1 up until 10.0 pre-patch I don’t think I’ll have the motivation to come back. I can’t in good conscious pay money to have them continually ignore what is collectively hundreds of hours of honest feedback and hard work by dedicated players. It’s humiliating that they literally never speak on the forums and keep people in the dark 100% of the time only to put a minuscule amount of effort into pretending to care about our concerns.

I wish you all the best of luck in shouting into void and trying to have Blizzard actually understand what we have wanted. I know this is an overly dramatic and probably a very whiny-sounding post from me but I have been playing this game for over a decade and it sucks that the reason I am stopping is purely because I have come to the conclusion that dedicated players mean very little in the long run. I’m gunna vote with my wallet through because nothing else besides data will matter at this point to the devs.

15 Likes

I unsubbed because of this too. I feel you man.

5 Likes

You could probably get a refund.

And if they ask why tell them what you think. Don’t hold back

Best of luck

3 Likes

I was honestly putting time into this class just because of memories from BC that’s when I played the most… This last post from blizzard is basically acknowledging the fact that its really horrible with void form and not wanting to put effort into a rework, than saying we are going to add devouring plague to kill easy to kill monsters is a slap to the face. Really makes me feel like the " you own a phone don’t you " comment, void form is the phone and no one wants to use it. When you come out and even say yourself that the class feels unrewarding and unfun you need to fix it not add a dot that does literally nothing to address the issue. Warlock you win, ill be joining you. #removevoidform

1 Like

Intended use of DP?
(Not that DP!!!)

So we build up to our Eruption, immediately DP, build a little more insanity while in VF to drop a second DP which pulls us out, and start again for a faster cycle?

Or, if we’re LotV, we just Eruption, use the one DP, drop out, and build to Eruption again?

We’d be going for the Eruption for its AoE damage?

I’m legitimately surprised is just not a (talent?) option for Eruption to become an insanity spender without the need for Voidform.

While this would dumb the playstyle down, ignoring some of the synergies behind the spec, it would definitely help in dungeon scenarios, while allowing the player to spec for Raid.

1 Like

You could just take dark ascension and do all that x2. That’s what i would do lol.

2 Likes

They will absolutely not do that. If DP is tuned that way at launch by mistake, it will be nerfed heavily in the first tuning round.

2 Likes

Yeah, I was spitballing into just rolling into that tier, though I was thinking LotV:

Cost: 60 insanity
Void Eruption’s cast time is reduced by 40% and will not activate Voidform. Voidbolt is usable for the next 10 seconds.

Though, we’d then have a conflict with Lingering Insanity (as this any borrowed power involved with VF) as a talent option, so maybe rig something to compete on that line.

They really dug themselves in a hole, when they should have been looking at this during Legion and BFA.

Of course, we had much, much better/though out ideas during BFA’s testing cycle, which were then ignored for this garbage. Hpellipsis had some wonderful synergies at the time, though I assume they’re now deleted/locked.

3 Likes