Shadowlands Beta/PTR Compiled Feedback Thread

They can use this like corruption. Aff/destro keep it for flavor and demonology gets a better version of it, with doomguard as guardian all times, maybe? :thinking:

I’d rather have infernal and DG back as pets

Then you group wipe and you notice that part of your damage now is on a CD that will only come back in 55 minutes or the duration ends and for the next 45 minutes of raid you will do less damage.

Like, i am surprised how many people are happy about this cooldown, when at the same time argue that 3 min infernal is bad because it takes to long to come back and don’t fit as well in raid fights, RoD is literally an Cooldown who at the best of times will only be up for 1/4 of the raid duration.

1 Like

You can’t solo summon it so it can’t be used for solo content.

And it being relevant in raids means it will need to be taken into consideration when tuning Warlock damage, meaning we’ll be gimped for 45 minutes or so after we will the boss.

Literally! Vanilla through WOTLK Doomguard was just 6 years! Cata CD Doomguard wasjust 2 years! Mists through Legion Doomguard (original GSup or baseline DG) was also 6 years!

I’d be down for Demo having 2 demons out at all times, and the perma-guardian being either DG or Infernal.

yuuuup

It boggles the mind lol

1 Like

There are ways to make RoD less cancerous thing, but by the end you will argue “is it still Ritual of Doom?” and ask " Do i want another Cooldown? when warlocks are already very cooldown reliant?".

1 - Reduce the Cooldown from 60minutes to something like 10 minutes: There is absolute no reason to have a Damage cooldown have an 1 hour CD, An 10 minute cooldown is restrictive enough to only be used once per raid fight, and just a couple of times in a dungeon.
2 - Make it Reset on raid wipes: because not having one of your damage abilities for multiple pull is awful [just imagine doing a raid pull without infernal or tyrant].
3 - Remove the “Sacrifice a Friend” and the Ritual requirement of 5 players: Make it something like “loose 50% of your health” when you cast the ritual or something that don’t require your friends to eventually hate you because you are making pulls take 5 times as long and already wiped quite a number of times, Thal’kiel is right you shouldn’t need to have help to summon stuff.
4 - Adjust the duration of enslavement to take in account the 10 minutes cooldown: you can even keep him as a 10 minutes duration, but force the warlock to re-enslave it once or twice across the 10 minutes: this introduces some level of multi-tasking and skill.

Now, i hate the spell, and think it would be much better if they just deleted it even with those changes.

4 Likes

I love the rpg flavor, but absolutely agree that it has no place in WoW in 2020 as it’s currently implemented. The last sentence in the developer notes made it clear that RoD is still very much open to iteration though, so perhaps we can come up with a alternative that keeps the flavor, but translates to modern WoW.

RoD as currently implemented was designed in vanilla and it shows. Just needs to be updated to a form that’s practical and able to be balanced(if that’s even possible)

1 Like

warlock stables

If “real work” is done in terms of mechanics and they want to add more flavor, give us warlock stables

1 Like

Could be an option. Perhaps let us keep our basic smaller demons(practical), but require the ritual to pull out larger alternatives(cosmetics)?

Yeah in my above “proposal” I mention how our default demons would never be able to be abandoned ideally

Yep which would avoid any dps loss by having to re-ritual during a fight.

They could even perhaps add npcs to our class order hall that could assist with the ritual for true solo players or those without friends available to help

The question that i want to ask for warlocks here is.

Do you want another Damage Cooldown? and specially, one damage cooldown who is even longer than Infernal?

3 Likes

That’s a negative for me. I’m all for adding flavor stuff, but it can’t have any Impact on player power. There’s a reason green fire doesn’t hit any harder than the default animations

My honest opinion is no. IMO regarding this specific issue, and thinking/recognizing the Doomguard/RoD problem is tied to the Doom problem:

re DG/RoD

1. Doomguard turned into a perma-Demonology second demon guardian, in the spirit of BM Hunters, or
  2. Doomguard model used to replace Darkglare, maybe, or
  3. MoP Grimoire of Supremacy returned for all the specs for DG/Infernal talented perma demon, or
  4. Simply add DG as a perma 5th demon for all the specs and 6th demon for Demo, and have it be the “slow” demon (used to have a Cripple ability iirc)
  5. Kept as-is with useless damage and providing exclusively “flavor” in the spirit of griefing lowbies

re Doom

1. Faster tick, chance to spawn a Random Demon on tick (Mastery interaction)
  2. Faster tick, chance to spawn a Wild Imp on tick (Mastery interaction + Core proc interaction)
3 Likes

No. I already want to reduce nether portal and demons cd >.>

I’m all for those who enjoy the flavor of warlock to get what they want (stables and the like), but i don’t see ROD fitting nor being remotely worth doing from a practical POV, aka it serves no purpose besides a nod to classic once again. If anything they could make it give the warlock a different appearance for an hour that could look like old meta or something like that. No combat effectiveness whatsoever but if they choose to keep it i can see plenty of people doing that just to run around and look different.

If they want to give us buttons just for flavor, let us use old meta and/or dark apoth wing visuals that make us speak in demonic.

5 Likes

My favorite flavor <3

1 Like

The curry powder + garlic + onion + cayenne of WoW

1 Like

I like all these ideas. Demo deserves a pitlord either way though.

2 Likes

Warlock Covenant choices be like

10 Likes

I’m holding out hope that they change Aff spec cooldown from summoning a demon to something else