Shadowlands Beta/PTR Compiled Feedback Thread

i get that forsure, i always say look at the overall average cast damage in logs for the real picture but with pvp in mind that doesnt quite work. I hope its not completely DOA. Maybe there will be some cool roaring blaze, triple conflag, cremation build

True. I do way more DPS with my lock than with my mage. But in pvp, specifically in bgs, if someone notices you, getting two chaos bolts in is a win in my book. The long cast time means it should be a powerful spell. With corruption and overwhelming power, I get it down to 1.2s cast time - which is stupid. In shadowlands, it should go back to being a scary spell you don’t to want to be hit by even without dark soul.

It’s a long cast, all-school-silencing-expensive spell and it should do more damage than almost any other player castable spell in the game.

A few days ago, I was hit by a 540k touch of death - nothing I could do about it.
I’ve done 540k with my CBs in bgs; 10 stacks of supremacy + instability + int trinket + pvp dmg potion + berserk buff all that with a 1.8-2s interruptible cast time.
Touch of death is instant.

PvP is broken now haha

2 Likes

I honestly would rather Nether portal summon Prince Malkazar upon using it so it feels big and changed to summon demons on its own rather than us spending 1 soul shard to keep summoning demons. I hate that playstyle.

Maybe something like this

Nether Portal-cost 1 soul shard-instant cast-create a nether portal summoning Prince Malkazar to aid you and random demons every 3 seconds for 30 seconds. 3 min cd.
:black_small_square:︎Prince Malchazar lasts until nether portal expires and all other demoms summoned will last 10 sec each.

This way we use it as a cd and continue playing the way we normally play rather than the dumb summon 1 imp from hand of guldan everytime. That playstyle makes it so lame. I could imagine this spell being so bad and even less fun and frustrating for the players with lag.

4 Likes

Bumpity bump + everyone look at the Fire Warlock vs Chaos Warlock thread plz and thank you

The other issue Chaoslord re: Netherportal is that each demon has different dps :V Malch wrecks everyone but the other demons? If you’re so unlucky to have straight eyes or something? oof

2 Likes

Can you link the thread, please?

Thanks.

Check it out!

1 Like

Demonology suggestion:

Talent, 60 row: “From the Shadows”
Live: Casting Call Dreadstalkers causes the target to take 20% additional Shadowflame damage from you for the next 12 seconds.

Suggestion: Casting Call Dreadstalkers is now instant cast and causes the target to take 20% additional Shadow damage from you for the next 12 seconds.

(Or they could make it baseline instant cast too!)

if you wanna fix FTS it needs to affect tyrant damage, not just ours.

Wouldn’t mind x% haste for y seconds on dreadstalker cast or some such.

2 Likes

Demonology: Soul Strike this should be a baseline demonlogy ability

and it should be unique to each demon so demonology can build around different pets and not just Wrathguard 24/7.

1 Like

Thats an interesting idea “Summon prince malk that casts his own HoG when you do summoning a better demon based on X shards”

Honestly right now i just want to see what they will do about demonology. I really want a flat interrupt from the warlock for each specialization and just change the felhunter silence. More importantly i want bliz to just give demonology warlocks the ability to have 2 demons.

I like dreadstalkers as an ability, summoning hounds to attack my enemies feels very legion, but i dont like them as a button… They are slow to cast (reduced in SL) and do ok damage for having both a shard cost and a CD. I like the haste from them idea.

Also, can we address one of the weirdest and biggest problems demo has? Can we get some spell descriptions for imp/dreadstalkers? Or even pet page in char page again? Nowhere does it show any numerical breakdowns. Nowhere does it even say the puppies do a dreadbite, even though talents/artifact traits mention it. It is inexcusable at this stage for there not to be more information.

1 Like

A grimoire tab that showed all the demons you can summon including the nether portal ones would be very cool even if it’s just an rp-ish thing.

2 Likes

Can we get explosive potential back for ST?

It’s a legendary, but requires 3 targets minimum to be hit.

Warlock stables now T.T

Adding to OP

2 Likes

Ik that’s why I said for single target. Demo is going to feel so bad with -60% haste and the ramp up issue only increases. That combined with beginning xpac is already low haste. Additionally it’s another resource to manage that made the spec a bit more interested instead of just dogs and imps over and over. Having that 4th button in the ST rotation felt good.

I mean with the new Demonic Consumption, the rotation favors more Big Demons (Vile Fiend, Grimoire Felguard); and if you don’t go Demonic Consumption, then you can go for a “Fast Soul Shards” build between Demonic Calling, Soul Strike, and Soul Conduit.

IMO using AOE on ST is always “bad design” tbh

1 Like

That isnt mutually exclusive really. You can summon vilefiends and felguards with implosive potential as well. If anything, if vilefiend is meta over soul strike being -60% haste down on top of adding another cast time feels even worse. Like I said, I already feel like I have 500ms ping when I drop my haste buff currently.

It being AoE is kinda irrelevant for the ST rotation. If they remove the AoE element and make it only a ST ability nothing changes for the ST rotation. I mean if that is the issue I wouldnt mind a seperate ability that just cans 3 of my imps and gives me my +60% haste back. AoE on ST issue solved.

That’s the point, and why that gameplay was degenerate lmao using an AOE Button on ST Rotation is Not Good Design. IMO, at least.

Same issue rn in beta that Rain of Chaos has with Rain of Fire. Chaos Bolt is too slow and hits for too little in comparison to RoF + Incinerate, especially considering More Infernals.

Your main two complaints were “more button to press during rotation” and “haste buff”.

Haste buff isn’t happening unless you get the Legendary, and really in general the amount of Haste we’re getting in 8.3 is also degenerate/bad. Everyone is anywhere between 50-80some% haste if you’ve been good about stockpiling your Echoes for Expedient 3 vendor rotation.

So I mentioned the More Buttons Build that favors New DeCon.

Blizzard doesn’t want us having haste buffs outside of AOE if the design atm for SL is anything to go by.