Shadowlands Beta/PTR Compiled Feedback Thread

Although I’m definitely happy with this change if this is the best we’re gonna get, I’m still hoping for a BIT more for demo… Go Go Gadget Pet Companion talent!

Seriously, who doesn’t want to rock two felguards permanently?

1 Like

Honestly according to https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/feedback-warlock-class-changes/490693/112?u=draboe-darrowmere we don’t REALLY have an interrupt if it’s still going to treat them as stuns.

If you look at what Renji says at the bottom

Can someone please tell blizz where they actually read things that making affliction a builder/spender spec where the player has no agency over building is garbage and ridiculous (#MG/DSdraintwisting if that is really want to do it correctly) and that the venthyr? covenant with random curse application is idiotic. Curses are applied strategically, and while AoE curses are great, random AoE curses are actively detrimental. Be better.

We’ve been repeating the same feedback for months, we really can’t do anything more

2 Likes

This is Blizz we’re talking about.
Honestly just be happy that they’re actually listening this time around. In terms of feedback this is the best we’ve had in a while.

1 Like

Copy/pasted as a request from Baalsamael in this thread: July 8 Alpha Build 35708: DEMO INTERRUPT ON FG + Blue post + tldr livestream - #35 by Thehellequin-alexstrasza

//
I just don’t understand this aversion to letting Warlocks (Demonology in particular) have a baseline interrupt. The Axe Toss change is turning to face the right direction, but not enough to call it a step in the right direction in my opinion. It’s beyond flavour at this point, Blizzard. It’s just annoying and in many cases punishing not to have one, even in some solo content. And the salt in the wound is that we don’t understand the logic of it. Could you at least tell us why you feel that Warlocks should be either effectively devoid of an interrupt or have it attached to our pets?

I don’t want this to sound negative and whiny, but I think it’s as important to express when something about gameplay feels punishing or aggravating as it is to say when things feel rewarding and fun. By and large, the previews and things that we’ve seen for Warlocks has me very excited for the new expansion, but the interrupt thing is a sticking point that leaves an increasingly bad taste in my mouth.

I also don’t understand why the interrupt that we do have has to be attached to a pet. Interrupts are incredibly valuable when needed, and while it has a 40 yard range, attaching it to a pet means that it’s subject to that pet being within that 40 yard range AND Line of Sight. While this usually isn’t a problem, I’m sure we can all attest to times when your pet was on a target elsewhere unbeknownst to you and then has to run into range. This also means that you can instruct it to interrupt, causing to run toward your target and only cast once it’s in range by which time the spell to be interrupted has long gone off. I know that this is something a good Warlock should be in control of, but accidents happen, and the bigger point is that it’s an extra hassle that no other class really has to deal with.

The other major problem with having an interrupt attached to a pet is that it means that the interrupt is subject to that pet’s GCD. I’ve had many times where I’ve had my Felhunter out and within range, but because some other ability had gone off, the interrupt fails to cast. Or worse, the interrupt misses the window and casts as the next spell cast, missing the interrupt AND taking my cooldown.

Both this and the range issue are sometimes a problem in PvE, but are extremely prominent in PvP situations. Interrupts just require far too tight of a window to accurately rely on pets for an interrupt.

The last problem I have with the interrupt being the Felhunter calling card is that it is by far more valuable than any of the other command demon abilities. Why not focus on the offensive purge? That would bring it more in line with the value of a defensive purge, a taunt, and a humanoid-only channeled CC. Currently, as Affliction or Destruction, you either use the Felhunter if you need the interrupt or the Imp if you don’t because of the benefit of ranged damage. The Succubus sees no use anymore, even in PvP where it is supposed to shine, because sacrificing that interrupt is just too punishing.

My suggestion would be this: Warlocks get a baseline interrupt that is part of the Warlock toolkit, not the pet toolkit. This could manifest in a variety of ways. For example, rework Curse of Tongues to operate as an interrupt rather than a cast time increase. Introduce a new Curse of Tongue-tying or something that is a proper interrupt. You could even make this change based on specialization. For example, if you’re Demonology spec, you get Call Felhunter (edit: to be clear, the PvP talent, but baseline). If you’re Affliction or Destruction, you get Curse of Tongue-tying. Both of these options retain the flavour of the specs without sacrificing an integral ability.

Please, do not keep interrupts out of our kits or with our pets. It actually works against class fantasy and class freedoms in my opinion. If you are intent on doing that, please, at least explain your reasoning.
//

8 Likes

I’m glad they heard the feedback and this is a step in the right direction… but a class-wise baseline interrupt would be far more useful. We are the only class without one at this point.

Hunters got tranquilizing shot baseline, which was a spell taken off a few pets in exchange- why not take spell lock off our felhunter and make it a general warlock ability?

Demo not having an interrupt on regular mobs will hurt in M+, as well as out in the open world and pvp. Destro/aff only uses the felhunter in dungeons and raids, but in the open world, pvp and solo content like Torghast we use the voidwalker, which still leaves us without an interrupt in those times.

I’d love to hear the reasoning behind the decision to keep this major utility spell locked to pets, while every other dps class has it baseline.

I don’t think it’s asking for much for this one change, considering the lack of an interrupt can be detrimental at high levels of gameplay.

2 Likes

So can blizzard leave legion legendaries where they are and focus on something origional. Something new. Old is boring. I already see this implosion thing being azerite power now being moved to legendary is a problem. We had fun in those expansions in the past with those things already.

IF you want an item to feel legendary then make something new. I mean why is wilfreds legendary in shadowlands. We had it in legion. Make something fresh. Maybe one that changes implosion to act like the heartstone version.

They font currently feel like legendaries if they are old

Honestly I 100% agree with this. I thought this from the beginning. I don’t want old legendary traits/set bonuses back. I want something NEW. Make more use of the Torgast anima powers. You did a great job being original with those.

1 Like

Beta is out next week and out of combat pet summons are still six seconds

2 Likes

I wonder if they could code axe toss so that it Interrupts then stuns rather than interrupting if the target is stun immune. I can see some issues or sorts with pvp but honestly Demo pvp talents need some work after the current setup of the talents.

That’d be cool but I’d still much rather Call Felhunter be baseline for all warlocks. An interrupt tied to a demon is just… it shouldn’t be.

I can absolutely agree on that one as I also wish they would just make all of those pvp talents actual spells. I think if they were to do that I think its a high chance that it would be “Call Demon” and we learn to call the demons as we level and gain access to them(similar to “summon demon”) and it would most likely share a cooldown so we would need to play around aspects of the game with that in mind.

2 Likes

I haven’t tested it but the build’s stated damage for channel demonfire still seems comically low, curious to hear if people with alpha agree.

Literally LFR will get you higher than 420 rating.

I like the changes till now, but something bugs me. Why destruction got Rain of chaos and summons basically a rain of infernals fairly easy while nether portal sucks and we can’t summon nothing really impressive. Infernal is cooler than any other invocation from demon, but Malchezaar…

2 Likes

So on this note, while i get the desire to get something “new”, bringing back some of these old tier sets and legendary sets is a good thing IMO. They were genuinely impactful and were overall enjoyed by a good chunk of players. Honestly in the case of Blizz atm i think they were better served asking the community what they wanted back as opposed to trying to create like 128 legendaries from scratch. I really applauded Holinka putting out a twitter thread outright asking for what tier sets or old leggos people loved the most, and it looks like they pulled directly from it. Triple conflag, chaos bolt scaling subsequent bolts for example, the T19 set bonuses, these are genuinely gameplay enhancing sets. I understand “we want new and creative” but i do believe finding the gems from the last few expansions was the safer route that allowed us to actually give input as a playerbase.

2 Likes

Debatable point but yeah, Nether Portal’s list of demons is lame, and also each demon has unequal damage lol

Agreed

Anywho everyone: Original post is now revamped, the 4th post is the “trash bin” of things that were addressed in some capacity, and Not’s Wowhead post was incorporated where he mentions something that wasn’t already present (but most was).

As always reply to this in case we get a build this week :smiley:

2 Likes

Focused Chaos got nerfed. 40% down from 65%.
Will the baseline damage be buffed? It’s very underwhelming right now.

likely not,

i would assume destro is gonna be rough going in PVP at first after its silliness right now in current game.

1 Like