Shadowlands Beta/PTR Compiled Feedback Thread

Either way you stand there for X amount of time before damage gets done. What we really need is for our filler to interact with the rest of our kit like it has in the past, like when shadow embrace was baseline with shadow bolt or when malefic grasp was more valuable the more dots you had up. It doesn’t matter if it’s bolt or drain, just let it do something that isn’t just damage. Soul shard generation might be the way to go with the way malefic rupture is looking.

If since forever means since Mists, sure. We had shadow bolt filler all the way up until then. The only difference is our filler actually had other uses for the kit beyond doing bad damage.

1 Like

I mean thats actually onr of the huge differences.

You dont just stand there and wait with a drain. You stand there and wait as long as you can and then gtfo but you at least snuck some ticks in unlike shadowbolt which demands the entire cast

Hey guys!!! We need to figure out a way to copy/paste or something over to the official Warlock Class Feedback thread here…

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/feedback-warlock-class-changes/490693

Someone has already gone on a tirade in said thread!!! We need to get very very definitive requests and complaints going, this is probably the thread that will be most viewed by the devs!!!

5 Likes

UA needs to affect more than 1 target. currently on alpha you can only have 1 out at a time, whether this is unintentional or not idk, but being able to have multiple UAs out and juggling dots while playing with malefic rapture would give aff decent AOE potential that rewards skilled gameplay

1 Like

We need more work with our covenant abilities, they pretty basic, none of them have anything towards how we are supposed to be interacting with our pets, no thought put into them. and it looks like the bolt one is yet another casting ability.

Do we need more casting built on casting., and they are right tongue tied does not belong in the regular tree, is seems its only focus is pvp. It needs to be moved into the pvp tree.

1 Like

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/feedback-warlock-class-changes/490693/3?u=baalsamael-turalyon

1c. for both destro and demo it feels odd having this dot, that does literally nothing but damage, for both specs most if not all of their abilities at least do SOMETHING. Incin and Immo give soul shards, shadow bolt and demon bolt give shards. But corruption just… does damage… it feels like its just there to be there, and has no real purpose, while i like the sentiment, i really don’t think we need it back.

Agreed

2. Doom really sucks, the chance for it to summon a demon just never happens ever, and the bonus of the demon being enslaved on the talent just doesn’t even seem to matter if its never going to happen anyways. My best bet is to make it also so the talent still has it last a minute, but it ticks every 30 seconds. so that you don’t need to apply it double now.
Or the talent could also have it summon an imp or something, cause currently other then it just being some extra damage, the doom talent really does not feel like anything for demo, especially since you cant always use doom, so sometimes its just a useless talent. and you just end up taking the cheaper/instant cast dreadstalker
Maybe make it default summon an imp to attack the enemy, or give a soul shard (for aff/dest). Then the talent reduces the duration by half, and makes it sawn a greater imp who does abit more then double damage, and also has a small aoe effect? as doom itself used to summon imps back in the day when it ticked.

30 second tick on a 45 second dot would slap, likewise soul shard generation. I’ll add to the compilation feedback list. Agreed on that as it stands, nobody is going to use Doom or take the Doom Talent

3. I know this is just cosmetic, but it really is important to demonology. Return soulfire to demonology, from wotlk to wod is was a demonology spell, then in BFA it became destro for some reason? Soul fire has always been the demonolgies version of a mini-chaos bolt, flinging out these weaker but still strong bolts of demonic might created using the souls of demons, it was one of the funnest abilities back in the day, and always felt great throwing a barrage of them.
Replace the soul fire talent with something else (Just name and cosmetic wise, maybe a good way to return the destro artifact ability which was really cool, opening a portal to chaos, dealing damage), make demonbolt shadowbolt, and soulfire demon bolt, just cosmetic wise, plus its a great way for demo locks to show their green fire! Maybe also make demon bolt weaker, but always crit, just for the fun, but that might hurt balance too much, so you could leave it as be and just have the cosmetic change of shadowbolt becoming demonbolt in demo, and demonbolt being right our replaced with soulfire.

I mean functionally speaking Demonbolt is Soulfire, but I’ll add this to the list under wants/consideration. Agreed on at least adding Green Fire to Demonbolt animation.

4. if one ability is to be returned for warlocks
Metamorphosis

Glyph bit is already on the list, we aren’t getting Meta back at all, I wish everyone would let it go, there’s no way outside of a future class/spec reduction revamp where Warlocks and DH gets smashed into one class with like four specs

5. Demonic circle being baseline is fine, but I and many others I know of would rather demonic circle and Burning rush swap.

??? Please god no

6. So in a raid or a dungeon or something and you need to interrupt as a warlock? Ok gotta switch to felhunter… Annoying, but doable…
But are you a demonology warlock? well tough luck, if you switch to felhunter, 2 of your abilities are useless, and your pet overall will be doing a fair bit less damage. We really need as demonology only an ability “Call felhunter” like the one in the pvp talent tree, or maybe even summoning one to assist in combat that interrupts when summoned, but maybe only does like 10% of the damage it would normally do, as to be there for flavour, but not be too strong.

Slaps, adding all of this. I think in general I’m going to rewrite the entire feedback section in essay-ish format.

7. Return 2, 2 handed weapons to wrathguard , just cosmetic, but this cosmetic thing was such a fun part of wrathguard. Plus return soul shards/embers to the cosmetics of warlocks, we do have the glyphs that make them hover over your head, that were introduced back in 7.2 some of these costing a lot of gold to get. However since their introduction, these glyphs have only given floating soul shards to YOU, no other player can see these soul shards floating above your head.

If I recall correct the reason these soul shards are no longer visible to everyone is so folks wouldn’t be able to “see” when the Warlock is out of resources in PVP. But yes I had forgotten to add Glyph of Wrathguard

7b. Allow us to customize the colours of our demons.

Already on this list.

8. Mini-fernals. During legion there was a talent for the artifact that made summon infernal summon 3 extra mini-fernals. If you are looking for a talent, or a thing to give to destro, this might be a thing we would love to see back, as mini-fernals were just such a fun thing to have running around in combat.

Adding

8b. Return of grimoire of supremacy as it should be

Already on the list.

9. Make soul drain baseline for affliction again

Already on the list.

10. tongue tied while a cool concept, seems more like a pvp talent then a pve talent… why is it in the PVE row

Adding.

12. Re adding a ton of stuff like buffs? Why not re add fel armor and demon armor to baseline? armor and magic resist with some extra healing. Or passive healing with some extra damage.

Adding.

14. I really like the new 6 second cast times on demons, so that they being killed actually matters, but maybe some sort of cooldown, a return of fel domination , allowing it to be revived quickly, every like 5-10 minutes would be great. This way in tight situations you can get it back, but if it happens again, you are done.

Can you confirm that on Alpha the demons have stronger/returned survivability and mitigation so as to warrant just a long cast time on both ends?

15. Change curse of weakness, and curse of tongues, into curse of enfeeblement. We used to have this curse that did both effects at once, this way there was less bar bloat, but we still had both effects! please return this, it would be a great way to save an extra spot, while still having these 2 effects, even if they need to be reduced slightly.

If both curses become one curse, can you confirm that the same curse can be applied in a PVP setting on more than one target? Because that’s ultimately going to have a huge impact on Curse divisions.

16. While the covenant abilities seem ok , none of them seem really warlocky […] 16b. For classes like mage, their covenant ability for necrolords is to become a skeleton mage, this is amazing, they become a mini lich, why is there not something like this for warlocks? the second closest class to a necromancer? (first being DK) Currently our stuff is just. Perma dot, or gain some soul shards. Deal damage, more the lower HP, and aoe plus random curse.

Agreed, adding.

17. a more expanded version of another issue. Demonology suffers from the problem of if you have your felguard, but you need to use a dispel, or a cc, or an interrupt, you have to switch to a pet that does way less dps, this is not a problem for the other 2 specs, so maybe you could give demonology a second pet ? This being a far weaker version, that just does basic attacks, and has a new “command lesser demon” button. Maybe have this as a talent, in place of something else.

Hmm, hadn’t thought of this, the way Hunters work, slaps, adding.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/feedback-warlock-class-changes/490693/4?u=baalsamael-turalyon

Scouring Tithe , the Kyrian Covenant ability for Warlocks on its current iteration feels pretty weak compared to other covenant abilities . Other previewed covenant spells showed more interactions with other specs for all 3 specializations while the only benefit Scouring Tithe does is 5 shards in case a target dies with it (accompanied by a pretty long cooldown for a spell that does so little outside of that). As a Destruction Warlock, it also feels quite bad that Scouring Tithe cannot be duplicated via Havoc (especially when it interacts with other Warlock abilities, for example, Summon Darkglare currently extends its duration). I know this is super early but it feels like this already eliminates one covenant choice for Warlocks who seek to be competitive.

Adding.

As an old school warlock I’m overall happy with the return of Curses, but I need to mirror Felplague’s statement about Curse of Doom: Its current iteration is similar to older versions of the spell, and having a debuff that only does its effects an entire minute after being applied feels very slow in today’s fast-paced gameplay, especially if its supposed to compete with other curses. The Doomguard implementation also feels pretty bad for WoW in its current state - Not only you need to wait for that full minute for the DOT to actually deal damage, but the dot needs to be the killing blow on the target, and then its still only a chance of the Doomguard spawning (and then if you’re either aff, destro or untalented demo, you still need to enslave it and lose your main demon). I’d suggest simply removing the Doomguard interaction (or adding it as a chance on damage for Demonology Warlocks).

Adding.

Tongue Tied is a neat talent idea, but unless there are any fights that will heavily rely on uninterruptible heals, it will never be taken for non-PvP situations. Because of this, I feel like it needs to be moved to a PvP talent.

Adding

Darkfury was initially reported as giving the extra area of effect on Shadowfury for Demonology Warlocks, but as of Alpha it also applies for the other specializations. Thanks for this. Keep it that way!

Nice

Malefic Rapture is an interesting idea for a new Soul Shard spender for Affliction and I like that it fixes the main flaw of Deathbolt, simply doing damage per DOT effect on the target instead of relying on how many seconds on the DOT are left (which would force you to reapply your dots just before using Deathbolt for maximum effect). I would like to see this added to Deathbolt somehow, if Deathbolt is to remain a talent for Shadowlands.

Adding

1 Like

No, my demon dies a lot on alpha, like a lot, they have far less survivability, so overall the much longer respawn time is a nerf. which is why i think a return of fel domination would be great. A compromise, keep the long res timer to punish letting your demon die, but giving an emergency cooldown for once in awhile.

Although there may be a slight buff, it is hard to tell because of scaling, and no capability to copy over characters.

6 Likes

I think expecting us dedicating ample time to constantly healing up our demons, which functions different from Hunters in that we cannot feed our demons for health regen nor is there an arbitrary CD with no health sacrificed like they do, is unreasonable.

Even with Fel Domination, if the CD is too high then we’re going to be spending a lot of time in-combat resummoning.

Would rather just see demons buffed like ye olden days.

1 Like

If they’re, stubborn as they are, really pushing this change out, I’ll be playing with GoSac again. No matter how strong the other talent options are, f* this.

I’ll take any excuse to avoid having to deal with bad pet AI anyways, so whatever.

2 Likes

I’m going to toss in my two lonnies here lads. I’ve played warlock for a good bit and Have seen the class change from Late Bc/ Early Wrath to Current, and have played in multiple different raid guilds and servers. I personally find that the BFA iteration of my preferred spec (Aff) is the worst it has ever been. I will list what I would like changed or done below, these are all my opinion, so others may disagree.

• Deathbolt needs to go, it is against the spec that I played, it’s burst Dps on what should be a Rot spec. It makes the first talent row a default choice still.

• Deathglare is a terrible cooldown mechanically, It can be los’d and just fail, there was bugs in Mythic EP where the DG would not extend buffs because it would LoS itself when summoned. (Blackwater Beh had this bug non-stop in my experience)

• I would prefer if Shadowbolt was not out baseline filler, I would rather have Malefic Grasp or Soul Drain back.

• Our Aoe is a joke, and because of this my interest in M+ and any forms of content outside of Raid vanished, something I used to love in Legion across all my Alts was M+ I can’t say the same for BFA. I would like to see a return of Life harvest, and AoE life drain.

• Please make ID baseline or place it on a Talent Row. I found this Azerite Trait to be one of the most interesting as it changed my playstyle and how I went about fights. If Life Harvest is returned I would like to see it interact with ID.

• I would like to see the Haunt/Sac row to have a choice, please buff Sac to compensate for the loss of pet utility, in Mop I believe it was a +15% hp and Dmg to make up for the lack of pet spells and utility, even then it didn’t even the gap, but it made it a lot closer than it is now.

• Demon/Fel Armour back.

• Talents need big adjustment, there is little choice in our builds in most facets of gameplay. Burning Rush should not be on our Defensive tier, I understand why it’s there as mobility, and the ability to get out of situations is a defensive option itself but it should be on our “Mobility tier”.

• I would like to see all power moved out of Darkglare and placed back into our Dots, for fun I once had my Mistweaver friend duel me, and let me full dot him with 5 UA’s and all dots, it tickled him. Out Dots are not what they used to be.

• PvP on an aff is a joke, our rot is lackluster, and it’s just better to play Destro, please return the instant cast seed procs from Legion.

• If you’re going to lock all utility to our pets, such and interrupt and purge, having them on a 6 second cast to resummon is a joke. Being as terrible as they are, Blueberry can barely hold threat against three dots.

• I want a firm answer on what BLIZZARD thinks Aff class fantasy is. Because so far I felt through Bfa that I’m not an Affliction Warlock I’m a half-backed Joke Lock with some lackluster dots pretending to do something while waiting for some passive procs to play my class for me to do dmg, or my 3 minute Cd to be a class again.

• Return the Sacrolash effect as a talent for slow on corruption, if Frost can slow and root forever and have massive mobility and utility baked into their class without the need to spend 6 seconds summoning a pet we can get a 20-40% slow on Corruption.

• Seed of Corruption needs massive changes, it’s too long to cast for so little dmg, and for a resource cost. The change to it coming will not fix this, three seeds won’t matter when it’s still a long cast that applies a weak dot. PS will still be the de facto choice unless it is nerfed, as it is more damage, instant, no resource cost, and has single target value as well.

• I would like to see the return Soul Flame, Wrath of Consumption from Legion to help with dungeon presence.

These are just my ideas and opinions people are free to disagree and pick them apart.

10 Likes

Hey everyone I typed everything up again but in essay format compiling arguments and diversity of suggestions. Please read through everything and tell me if it’s good to edit the main post, and please give more arguments for whichever point.

Summary of Feedback (both wants and needs)

Needs/Necessaries Feedback, or Quality of Life and Mechanics Concerns:

First the good: it is generally agreed that Curses returning is good, the new Sow the Seeds is good, the (perhaps unintentional) application of Darkfury Talent radius increasing for all specs is good, and the removal of Soul Shard cost for Unstable Affliction as well as extending its duration, is good. The damage increases for a number of Talents and baseline abilities is also good.

Regarding Curses:

Only one curse can be applied per target, but can only one curse of each time be used, i.e. can we put the same curse on multiple targets? This question leads to the ask of if we can have Curse of Enfeeblement (ie both Curse of Weakness and Curse of Tongues rolled into one) to reduce “bar bloat”.

Why isn’t Curse of Shadows returning?

The fact that Curse of Doom takes one whole minute to tick, and only summons a Doomguard if the target dies specifically from Curse of Doom, and a 5% chance even if that occurs, AND this Doomguard now needs to be enslaved regardless unless one picks the Improved Doom Talent specifically as demonology, doesn’t make sense and feels extremely gimmicky. Curse of Doom should be returned to a max 45-60 second duration with a 30-ish second tick that summons an already enslaved Doomguard on an X% chance (more than 5%). Improved Doom Talent Removed and replaced with something else, perhaps an Azerite Trait that could be baseline.

Regarding Demons:

Increasing Demon summoning cast time to 6 seconds does not make sense given 1) our demons remain extremely “squishy” due to a significant loss of damage mitigation/armor increases over the past few expansions, in particular for Felguard/Wrathguard and Voidwalker/Voidlord and 2) unlike Hunters that have two ways to heal their pet our only way to heal our pet is a channel that makes us lose health (sometimes significantly depending on how hard the demon is being hit). Historically also there was an expectation that warlocks could and should be able to switch demons depending on utility with a modicum of ease.

A recommendation here is to reduce the summoning cast time for demons back down, and to increase our demon’s (or at least, the Felguard and Voidwalker) “tankiness” back to a semblance of what it used to be.

Likewise a lot of feedback questions the exclusive presence of an interrupt on the Felhunter, especially with regards to Demonology where if we choose or need to use any demon besides Felguard/Wrathguard, then both Demonic Strength Talent and Soul Strike Talent become unusable.

A recommendation on this front was perhaps allow Demonology Warlocks to have two demons out, one main and one “lesser”, and another button Command (Lesser) Demon. Or alternatively have Call Felhunter from the PVP Talent list be baseline for Warlocks. Or a combination.

Regarding Azerite Traits

In general, a number of Azerite Traits are essential to spec functionality and some must be made baseline for the class to be functional by itself without Azerite Traits in Shadowlands. Which Azerite Traits will be baseline?

There is much disagreement between which Azerite Traits should be made baseline, but in general the few that appear to be agreed upon is Demonology’s Umbral Blaze (ie returning the Shadowflame DoT aspect to Hand of Gul’dan as baseline) and Affliction’s Pandemic Invocation (Refreshing DoTs with <5 seconds has an X% chance of granting a Soul Shard). For Destruction the disagreement is in which could/should be made baseline, but many are asking for any that either increase the spec’s “speed” (e.g. Flashpoint Trait increasing haste) or interaction between spells in rotation (e.g. Chaotic Inferno Trait that has a chance to make Incinerate instant).

Regarding Covenant Abilities

The Covenant Ability Decimating Bolt reads as strong enough to be the likely default choice for everyone in raiding/PVE/mythic, given the importance of execution phase when progressing. Looking forward to values/testing, but this is a concern.

Warlock Covenant Abilities don’t feel Warlocky. Why can mages turn into Liches and warlocks get a DoT? The fantasy isn’t there.

Likewise for every other class there is often integration of the ability more meaningfully into our rotation, engaging with their other spells. The same cannot be said for warlocks. Can there be greater interaction between the Covenant Ability and the actual rotation?

Regarding PVP

What PVP Talents will replace the Curses that are now baseline?

Tongue Tied reads as a PVP Talent, why is it in PVE Talents?

Similar to the earlier Demon survivability/mitigation issues, Fel Lord Talent demon is too easy to kill.

Removing the Silence/Interrupt prevention aspect of Unending Resolve, as well as reducing the damage reduction, doesn’t make sense if things like Corruption now have a cast time, Affliction is gaining a new Soul Shard spender that has a cast time, and other spells now have a cast time as well. Warlocks will be extremely easy to take down with the sum of these changes given reliance on channels and casting with zero baseline way to protect our cast.

The announced change to Dark Pact doesn’t make sense as it implies it’s an offensive CD when it’s a defensive CD. Do the devs mean to say that an SP-based multiplier will be applied to the health sacrificed for the shield?

Likewise if many classes are regaining a number of abilities that were baseline as baseline, is there a chance to gain back any of our damage mitigation abilities that were once baseline? For example Demon Armor, or Demon Skin, or a return of a previous iteration of Soul Leech, or a return of Soul Link? Likewise, could our Health Stone have a reduced cooldown and ability to be used multiple times within the same combat when used by the warlock exclusively, given Unending Resolve is losing its silence/interrupt protection and our Demons at the moment remain just as “squishy” while having an increased cast time? At least within a PVP setting for warlocks. The generalized concern is Warlocks lost a lot of our “Tankiness” between loss of baseline “Armors”, limitation of Health Stone, loss of Soul Link dynamics, and need to be returned.

Alternatively, if tankiness can only be returned partially, then our default CC and mobility toolkit could be returned. Mortal Coil could be baseline once more and Howl of Terror could be returned to Warlocks. There hasn’t been much talk regarding Demonic Gateway outside of its functionality for some Mythic groups and Raids and some PVP instances. Others also suggested reducing the CD and cast time for Shadowfury. Another suggestion is bring back Blood Horror.

Regarding Affliction

The revamped return of Malefic Grasp/Malefic Rapture is generally agreed to be good, especially its dependence on number of DoTs rather than interacting with ticks. In fact some are wondering if there’s a way to integrate some aspect of this with Deathbolt, since as it stands Deathbolt is difficult to line up.

There is currently debate among warlocks as to whether Shadow Bolt filler is better or Drain Soul filler, but many are leaning towards desiring a return of Drain Soul being the filler given the “return” of Malefic Rapture, so as to have a clear spell during encounters for execute phase while maintaining Corruption (has cast time), Agony (instant), Doom (instant), Unstable Affliction (has cast time), and Malefic Grasp (has cast time). A filler with a cast time while we have three of our primary spells have a cast time, and four if we spec into Haunt, is not good. Alternatively others prefer Shadow Bolt due to the nature of interrupts/silences in a PVP setting; this could be remedied however by baking into Nightfall changing the filler from Drain Soul to Shadowbolt

Affliction build up appears to be extremely long and maintenance unreasonable to allow for a castable filler baseline. Return Soul Swap in some capacity, rebuilding dots on a target is tedious and a big time sink especially if we’re also getting Doom back; alternatively return Soul Burn:Soul Swap from ye olden days in some capacity (we doubt both would be returned). Replace Shadowbolt filler with a Drain Soul filler, maybe if Soul Swap is returned make the talent spot be a “Empowered Soul Swap” and make it a CD that puts all our primary dots on the target.

Darkglare LOS’s itself sometimes and fails to extend the duration of the DoTs.

Affliction AOE remains problematic to many. A common suggestion is asking for Harvest Life (AOE Drain Life Talent) back. Alternatively, while the changes are a step forward, increase the numbers of Seeds to three and increase damage, given the resource cost and the lack of a direct way to gain that resource outside of RNG DoT ticks.

Having a majority of damage centered on burst via Darkglare for Affliction does not make sense. In addition considering that for maximum burst damage one is obligated to choose the Deathbolt Talent. The majority of Affliction’s damage should be on our DoTs and proper sustainment of them.

Affliction used to be centered on sustained damage, Destruction on burst damage, and Demonology as a sort of inbetween with now the added flavor of “master summoner”. At the moment Affliction’s damage is centered too much on burst.

Regarding Demonology

If both Infernal and Observer are instant cast, why isn’t Demonic Tyrant?

While there appears to be a datamined aura for a return of both Demonwrath (the AOE damage that radiated from our demons) that has a chance to generate a Soul Shard, this isn’t on the abilities list so far. Will this be returned? While the interaction between Implosion-Hand of Gul’dan-Power Siphon Talent is okay, Demonology really needs a baseline AOE again, and perhaps Demonwrath is the way to go. Alternatively others have suggested making Bilescourge Bombers baseline, and reworking the Talent to affect duration and/or radius of Bilescourge Bombers.

Yet others have suggested returning Hellfire as well as Demonwrath, at least for the sake of flavor for the class (even if realistically Hellfire wouldn’t be used over any of the other abilities, save for legacy and solo legacy runs).

It is strange that Soul Conduit remains on Tier 6 Talents for Demonology while remaining Tier 7 for both Affliction and Destruction. There is a general consensus that in terms of interplay between Shadowbolt filler and summons, it would be good for Sacrificed Souls to be baseline; this would allow Soul Conduit to be on Tier 7 like the other two specs.

Please diversify the demons summoned by Hand of Gul’dan so that we may not feel like Imp Mothers. Being surrounded by a dozen imps and two dogs isn’t as powerful as perhaps others expect when one is in theory a master summoner that has as of now taken down the whole Burning Legion with our own personal pocket world/dimension with an army of demons literally at our disposal.

Regarding Destruction

There is a general complaint of clunkiness in AOE for Destruction, particularly due to a lack of control. A common ask is allowing Fire And Brimstone Talent to go back to being a controllable toggle, if not a baseline toggle.

The speed of the rotation and the interaction between spells is also a point of concern, as gestured to in the Azerite feedback. A suggestion is to bring back Backdraft affecting 3 Incinerates or 1 Chaos Bolt once more, also to give us more control and flexibility in our rotation. Another ask is to perhaps have an option to have “mini infernals” spawn again, perhaps as a smaller proc when Infernal is on CD.

Regarding General Needs, or Questions

Most talents are actually a free choice between eachother in a competitive PVE/PVP setting. Burning Rush being on our “Defensive” Talent Row when it comes at a heavy health loss does not make sense, for example. The fact Soul Conduit is not on the last row for Demonology is also strange.

There is a desire to bring back a previous iteration of Grimoire of Supremacy being a permanent Doomguard or Infernal.

While it’s great flavorwise that Corruption has returned for all specs, at the moment it only has meaningful interaction with Affliction’s rotation specifically via Malefic Rapture or with regards to the Nightfall Talent. There needs to be some mechanism of interaction for Corruption (Curse of Doom at least possibly summons a demon).

There appears to be a datamined aura for Shadowflame (originally a conal Shadowflame breath that disoriented our enemies, now appears to be an instant spell with 2 charges that generates a Soul Shard, which is from Legion), will that be in fact returned? Would be extremely good.

A repeat of an earlier point: A warlock interrupt is long overdue outside of Felhunter. We are the only class with a pet-dependent interrupt, which if we are Demonology comes often at an inability to use one or two Talents. Alternatively give the Felguard/Wrathguard an interrupt.

Regarding the F Word (Fun)

In general for pets, given the wide variety of models for demons and void-based creatures now in the game, why can’t warlocks be given a “grimoire” system that operates like Hunter stables, with Enslave Demon reworked to operate like a Tame, and we can collect Demons for our grimoires and have to slot specific demons within the given summoning slots?

Allow us to Enslave either Faceless in place of Voidwalker, or Pit Lords in place of Infernals, or other Felguard and Shivarra and etc models for those respective Demon Categories. Enslave Demon only sees relevance in niche or gimmicky moments every expansion, and even in Legion the spell was only really useful as a CC mechanic in some pulls (and even then, rarely). This would be an amazing addition to the game, of equal if not superior level to the Green Fire Questline in MoP.

Alternatively perhaps allow us greater variety for pets via glyphs, perhaps either via a glyph that randomizes the skin of your demon via “families”, or glyphs to replace a given demon with another skin as it currently is, but maybe include more diversity of aberrations (eg replace Voidwalker with other Void creatures or maybe Faceless).

On a similar note, more Glyphs to allow us to return to older graphics for certain spells, e.g. a glyph to return Demonbolt to being Soul Fire animation.

On a related note: Demonbolt Green Fire animation? Will it ever come?

A very niche, very small impact ask, but having the Challenge Mode animation tied to /roar is annoying, would be cool if it was triggered via soul shard spending.

Return or make baseline Glyph of Falling Meteor (reworked, fun gimmick), Glyph of Verdant Spheres (for fun, aesthetics), Glyph of Eye of Kilrogg (Eye can cast demonic circle), Glyph of Curse of Exhaustion , a reworked Glyph of Ember Tap (maybe a CD where 1 or more soul shard = X health), Glyph of Fear (ie not have feared targets run), Glyph of Hand of Gul’dan (ie make HoG targetable at a location), Glyph of Nightmares (yes the mount equipment makes this pointless but would be fun to have a glyph that allows our Felsteed, Dreadsteed, and Netherlord’s Dreadsteed to have a trail of corresponding fire (ie Fel, Red, or Shadow fire), Glyph of Shadowbolt (fun gimmick).

Please also return Glyph of Wrathguard’s giving the Wrathguard two 2-handed weapons. I believe the reason it was removed long ago was the Wrathguard was literally attacking twice rather than once.

We accept that Demonology is never getting Metamorphosis back, but maybe return the fel glow aesthetics of Demonology and Destruction warlocks, perhaps as a Glyph. Maybe have it be so that if a Demonology Warlock gains five soul shards, we sprout the ye olde Dark Apotheosis horns and demon wings. And the Destruction Glyph would operate via us once again being consumed by Fel Fire in the same manner.

7 Likes

Man this looks great!!!

Can you also add for core mechanics that maybe they either bake in some of the azerite traits IE flashpoint, or rolling havoc or any of a slew of others that make destro somewhat fluid, I fear without them all will be lost…

Also and I’m prepared for the hate for this, but I like Supremacy for destro, with essences and azerite it’s a rather awesome ability, I know alot of ppl hate the 2.2 ish CD ( or rather all our damage tied to it) but I think it fits Destros theme very well. Basically I’m asking that they bake in our current destro Meta and just improve our throughput during CD downtime.

I know, I know, most ppl hate this.

2 Likes

If I made a Google Form where I ask people to choose which 2 of 6 Azerite Traits per spec everyone wants, would people respond?

With Aff and Demo everyone seems to be in general agreement but for Destro it’s all over the place, which is why I framed it that way in that paragraph.

I would def pick!! And I get what you mean, destro has a few diff paths it can go down, it comes down to playstyle I suppose and the mechanics involved for each. Heck, i was a fan of Feast or Famine machine gun bolt spec circa 7.1. Lol

1 Like

jk, can’t add links, oh well

Very disappointing, every other class got walls of text for changes, we barley got anything. Demo warlocks is too much hard casting, destro locks feels really weak. I hope they fix both spects in shadowlands.

I didn’t read the whole thing, although I agree with permanent doomguard and infernal, I would much prefer MoP’s version of GoSup, at least for demo. I also think affliction played better with doomguard (legion).

As a demo warlock, I really think we should be given access to more powerful demons, like a pit lord and dread lord, and two lesser demons at the same time like two felguards, etc.

That’s my dream anyway. Oh, and Doom actually being worth using.

I think dreadstalkers and hog need to be instant cast as well.

1 Like

First time poster, sorry if it’s jumbled… also what was intended to be short turned long b/c devils advocate stuff
I agree with a lot that is said here/the sentiment behind it. I hope that Blizzard feeling that Destro/Demo being in a good place means that they just like the core of them currently and are open to some quality of life/viability(tuning) that the community will/has asked about. Not gonna speak on Aff since it’s a work in progress.

Demo’s interrupt has been a sticking point for me, which could simply be solved with an interrupt modifier to stun immune targets similar to how storm bolt used to have a damage modifier with it for stun immune targets. As much fun as it is to occasionally be able to fear a mob in a dungeon to temporarily delay a cast (similar to how the Desto mage tower was at launch, though by the end of it it was boring to draw the fight out that much), I’d rather just have an interrupt, or talents and damage that will allow the use of other pets (Soul Strike, Demonic Strength, Felstorm). Demonwrath if brought back could be based around the main pet instead of the warlock and other imps to encourage good pet management. I also feel like Doom could go back to ticking every 15 seconds without the Doomguard summon like it used to, because mobs don’t live that long, nor would we really want them to.

I agree Destro has at times felt off with its’ talents. It never felt good to have abilities taken away from baseline and shunted into the talent tree, especially Fire and Brimstone. Reading through the Warlock Discord, it seems that the AoE application/shard gen of immolate through Cataclysm has made that the defacto choice. I feel like the dilemma of having them be on the same row could be solved by having F&B baseline as a toggle, which is then replaced by Cataclysm as a talent (a playstyle difference of sustained AoE gen vs AoE gen+immolate uptime) with a more single target talent being brought in without bringing back the F&B from MoP or WoD that many people are likely referencing. I’d love to see the return of MoP Grimoire of Sacrifice (I haven’t realistically used it since then partially due to the power loss and the demand for other pets’ abilities), a higher base haste/removal of Reverse Entropy and baseline of Backdraft charges. I have mixed feelings about shadowburn, given that I used to love it and have gotten used to not having it: it no longer has the old mastery buffing spenders behind it, so as a talent it has to be weaker than we remember to be competitive in any row. I also wouldn’t mind seeing Dark Soul modify Infernal/Darkglare instead of being another ability, just because we usually try to line them up at every opportunity anyway. Might also be nice to have less randomness with Destro just for the sake of it being chaotic, and go back to wanting to set the world on fire.

Also, they could replace/alter Tongue Tied to the aura curse effect demonology used to have back when they had metamorphosis to ease some pains, but it would be excessively powerful in place of Tongue Tied, so maybe at reduced effectiveness. Alternatively, there could just be a lot of healing mobs in pve so it might see more use than we think in groups with longer interrupts.

1 Like

I think it’s also time to remove soul conduit as a talent for something fun… it’s just boring. Either make it baseline or remove it imo

Doom need to return to an older form something like

Banes the target with impending doom, causing Shadow damage every 15 sec for 1 minute. When Bane of Doom deals damage, it has a 20% chance to summon a Wild Imp.

Also Demonskin armor needs to return to Demo

Felstakers and Tyrant need to be instant

Fel Guard needs survivability