Shadowlands Arms - Whirlwind?

I’ve been following the Shadowlands alpha thread and as I read the feedback I keep asking myself the same question, do we really need Whirlwind as arms?

The new iteration of Cleave looks interesting but it seems like it will shape arms into a two button AOE rotation. If Fervor of Battle could be changed to allow Sweeping Strikes to hit 3 targets, while essentially executing our single target rotation, it would put an emphasis back on Mortal Strike. It may allow Collateral Damage to see some play in dungeons as a competitive choice for Cleave (assuming the removal of the Whirlwind component), especially early expansion when we often find ourselves twiddling our thumbs while we wait for Bladestorm to come off cooldown between trash packs.

Disclaimer: I am not in alpha and can’t speak to the validity of how Arms currently plays in testing. Just shower thoughts.

2 Likes

I really like Whirlwinds animation. I wish we could get a different version of it though. One that would hit hard but have a short CD to prevent spamming it.

Right now we have one that hits weak and we use to rage dump. It feels bad to me.

1 Like

If they made cleave hit harder we already have that

I would love a harder hitting cleave and have wanted one for years.

1 Like

Cleave was traditionally moreso the spam, and WW the cooldown. I would love to see WW hit harder and be a cooldown.

1 Like