Shadowlands and Pet Charms

Is Shadowlands going to bring with it another pet charm similar to what we saw going from Legion to BFA? Or instead of having 3 different pet battle currencies, are they just going to convert existing Polished Pet Charms (and sources) into the depreciated Shiney Pet Charms? Or some other route.

I know Pet Battles aren’t a much talked about topic when it comes to new expansion releases and Blizzcon… but was anything pet battle related mentioned when it comes to Shadowlands?

I don’t think we know exactly what they’re going to do yet but my personal guess is they’re going to just stick with Polished.

My guess is the same.

BfA will probably award shiny charms, your current polished charms will be downgraded at some point near the end of the expansion, and SL will award polished charms.

2 Likes

Probably will be some advance warning, like there was in forums like this before Shinies became sort of useless. Otherwise play it safe, blow all your Polished charms before the expansion or the pre-expansion patch.

1 Like

Whatever destroys as much of your progress in BFA as possible. Every expansion has to be a clean slate now. Nublizzard design philosphy is all time spent is not an investment it’s an expense.

2 Likes

This still leaves three possibilities, as the original post outlined. They could (a) add a third type and keep all 3, (b) turn all our Polished into Shiny and make Polished the “new” token for SL, or © just continue using Polished with no change.

As you say © is unlikely because it advantages heavily invested past players. (a) is unappealing because going forwards there will just be more and more token types which neither we nor they like. So (b) seems the most likely to me.

It is necessary because as I said, if you allow too much “investment”, just like in real life, there starts being an impossible gap between those who invested and those who did not, which turns new people away and starves out the game from within.

1 Like

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/feedback-pet-battles-in-shadowlands/590828

1 Like

2 different tokens is already too many. I really glad the aren’t adding a third. It would make the most sense to just change the pet rewards in Bfa to the old token and use that as the currency for the pets there as well.

1 Like