Shadowlands 10m gold mount

It better be able to fly.

1 Like

Did Blizzard reverse their decision, because a blue post stated that it will no longer be available for purchase with the release of Shadowlands.

3 Likes

That would legitimately be amazing. I would have to care about gold for the first time since wrath, but by god would that be worth it.

1 Like

Twice as big as the long boi

The thing about the brutosaur is that first of all it’s horrible at it’s primary function, which is a mount. I can’t stand running on the stupid yak let alone that thing. I like the yak, it was totally worth a single token, but I don’t run on it. So that leaves the AH. At the rate I play and accrue gold, I would probably need to do what I’m doing for several years just to afford a simple amenity that is never more than a minute away unless you just hearthed then flew to the end of the world or something.

It would be worth a token, hek maybe two. Hundreds of RL dollars though, that even if I made it in game I could exchange for game time? Hundreds of hours spent grinding for a simple amenity? Hard pass. I kind of see it like pathfinder, do the tryhard at an activity (in this case AHing) just so you can do it more a bit easier. Only if you’d never done that stuff you’d probably have found more fun things to do, and the payoff isn’t anything that special. I even feel that way about flight, I don’t care if it takes me twice as long to move around the world if there’s only an hour of content a day that actually requires it.

Makes no sense to me from a pure enjoyment perspective, there’s nothing wrong with portal/hearthing to AH at the end of the session, in fact that little bit of downtime is something I’m used to and would probably miss if I could hit a button and use the AH from anywhere.

If this hyper-expensive mount trend continues, I shall continue to ignore it. If I had 5 million gold I’d pay my sub for a few years and pick another game to play on top of this.

4 Likes

If this is the case, then I will collect it. I’m not a goldmaker, but I can farm for 3 years and barely scrape together the gold. I did it in BfA, I’ll do it this time, too!

All I did was farm herbs. It’s what I plan to do at the start of SL, too, for a bit of gold.

This is false. I would love to see an official word on it to prove otherwise.

They mean it’ll be on the BMAH, which is true, but it’ll be gold cap instead of 5 million.

Please no!

:sob:

Readily available vs scarcely available are very very different things. I bet it will be behind a blind box crap sammich unclaimed box :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

unless they raise gold cap it would be an unobtainable mount for everyone.

like slowpoke tails in Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow that costed 1 poke more than currency cap.

Not that I’ve heard. Their stance has been that the mount will be removed from the vendor, but will still be available on the BMAH. So, it’s not gone, but it’ll be available far less frequently.

It’s debatable as to whether it’ll really go for 5M on the BMAH though. (If you had 5M lying around, you probably just bought it from the vendor.)

Good, can’t wait. You don’t deserve everything someone else has.

Black Market Auctioneer. So you can buy this one and then buy the Longboi.

1 Like

It will have a mage to make teleportation portals, yes, portals.

Could be a giant mount with like 4 active portals on it that are just always up and people will accidentally click on and then rage post on the forums.

Never thought of it that way. They could just teleport to obscure out of the way zero-zones. Then the mount owners could loiter over mailboxes & AH.

1 Like

I could see that.

2 xpacs from now the brutosaur will be on the cash shop.

The 10m mount should be a train mount. If you spawn it you’ll spawn on the engine, and other players (with the mount, no poors allowed) can click on the back of your train to spawn a connected traincar with multiple player seats that will follow behind. This will be the only function of the mount. There will be no other purpose than being able to ride around with a train and having your guild flex on everyone else by having longer and longer trains.

1 Like