Shadowbolts hitting me for 30k

huh? I was legitimately asking what the warlock does to hit that hard so I know how to stop it next time. Calm down Karen.

It’s like asking your fourth grade friend how to solve a geometry problem, he might know a little but he can’t fully explain it to you.

Maybe this is why you’re 1500

Wow this thread got way outta hand, I literally just wanted to know how Locks did it so I can stop it next time. I wasn’t calling it OP or “too much damage”.

1 Like

Warlocks take offense to anything that comes after their class in any way that isn’t positive.

Who cares about my score. Again, explaining math is hard, cool.

It’s almost like people can’t tell others 15-5=10 without having a degree in Math or something stupid like that. That’s not how math works, and WoW has a lot of math.

Math isn’t hard, nor does it require a degree for you to be decent or better at it. Enjoy though.

No, I said it’s a lot of work compared to other classes, yet someone like yourself took offense to my saying other classes take less work to get their payout and was like “no! I can do this too” etc. It’s just stupid, math is math.

If you have a problem with how math works then I can’t do anything for ya.

Agreed, it’s not OP cause it’s many globals worth but who cares. It’s very easy to stop for healers with dispels at good times.

Except arena isn’t 15-5 it’s complex equations with multiple things to plug in.

But it requires more than a 4th grade education

I agree, it does have more things than 15-5, but again it doesn’t take a Harvard education in order to understand or comprehend it. it’s more complicated than 15-5, but it’s not overly complex that people just can’t get it.

But not a college degree. It doesn’t require going to Harvard to understand it is what I’m trying to say.

The amount of effort it takes to play each class is different. Some specs/classes can do their full damage in 6 buttons, others it takes 15 buttons. Some specs can have things dispelled, others have nothing for healers to dispel so you take the full brunt of the damage.

Warlocks, all specs, are a class that is a pain. They’re a pain to play with and a pain to play against. They make it not fun for everyone else involved.

Affliction, in particular, is probably the biggest pain and it doesn’t have many comps compared to Demo or Destro. The most famous of all is Shadow Play, Aff lock and Spriest combo for full rot style damage.

Again, though, still a pain in the bottom to both play as and play against. The amount of effort required to put in is much higher than at least 85% of every other DPS spec around. That’s not even including when dispels happen, which they will.

I just got out of a Solo Shuffle and the amount of damage I did vs the other characters was a lot more. They had more HP which meant they were in better PvP gear whereas I’m in Heroic raid gear. The amount of effort I had to go through, compared to the MM hunter, the Frost DK and the Destro Lock inside that match I know I had to do more effort than they did.

They also kept me on lock(CCed/interrupted/focused) for a good chunk of the matches and kept trying to focus me to make me move. Trying to keep up SL/Corr/Agony/UA+spend shards to buff up MW leggo, all while not trying to die was an insane amount of effort. The healers were a Rdruid and Hpally. They both kept me in check every opportunity they had.

That’s just a brawl with randoms, not even in rated and they were sitting around 85k HP to my 75k so I assume they had quite a bit of PvP gear to them. Druid had over 100k in bear form, but yeah it is a very busy spec. All I’m saying is it’s an incredible amount of effort/work needed to be put in to get to that point.

Never said it was hard, but you got a 4th grade education compared to what they teach in highschool

What hit you is one of the weird cases in shadowlands where an ability got more borrowed power then it has any right to have, for example spinning crane kick, in this case shadowbolt is powered by a pvp talent, some normal talents, two legendaries, a cov ability that exists only to empower it, and the one good conduit aff got.

The tell tale sign that this damage is coming is the spell decimating bolt which heavily pumps up your next three shadowbolts in addition to making them crit, and crit at a harder margin. The buff lasts a while and by itself it won’t gib you. In all likelyhood the shadowbolts will be instant cast due to a certain pvp talent so decimating bolt is your warning.

The things you can most easily stop are:

1. every dot on you is ~16% more shadowbolt damage each, if you can cleanse dots after seeing decimating bolt you can hinder the combo a fair bit.
  2. One of the legendaries that boosts shadowbolt’s damage is a 10 second buff that is refreshed and stacked by casting malefic wrath which has a cast time. Keeping the lock cc’d out of the buff will hinder the combo to the tune of 105% shadowbolt damage. The buff is malefic grasp i think.

Despite how convoluted the combo actually is it is worth noting that the cooldowns involved are also really short, decimating bolt being a 45 second cd.

Though if he us playing as a hunter.

Craven is the go to leggo that allows feing death to clears all debuffs on a 15 secs cooldown. Which is the defacto answer agaisnt anything with debuffs/depnds on dots for damage if paired with the feign death pvp talent. Hell it acts as a 2nd casting interrupt ability.

So thats 2 abilities that can interrupt any casting both i think with 15 secs cd which can basically be rotated.

Combine this with the pillars/walls in arena and if available pet stun and youre golden.

1 Like

How is that a Karen moment? The ignorance …just repeating what’s popular with no idea behind its meaning. You must be triggered.

You give up so much from Night Fae to gain a gimmick every 45 seconds (not including the 2 min CD on dark glare) that requires 2 years to set up and can be easily countered.

If your partner is a master at peeling for you, then it’s probably a little more viable.

I don’t think you understand the meaning of triggered lol. I started this thread initially to ask how a Warlock does this so I can counter it in arena 3s. Yet you come in to complain about hunter damage, I repeat calm down Karen.

Thanks for the info. I know what I’m doing this weekend… :smiling_imp:

1 Like

Actually i can do like 7-9 30k starsurges on my boomy as kyrian and it requires no real setup.

2 Likes

Because people think internet pixel numbers matter and shows how good you are at the game. Almost as cringe as seeing people with a s1/s2 glad mount hard locked at 1600 complaining that everyone else is the reason they are stuck there.

2 Likes

The main issue here is “Just because a coach doesn’t play basketball doesn’t mean he isn’t knowledgeable about the game.” Does not really apply here.

WoW is full of hypothetical papercraft nonsense that the majority of it can only be dispelled by playing it at higher ratings and in many cases the reason the game doesn’t have a huge pvp stream following is so many things are happening at high rating that low rated players simply cannot understand everything that is going on.

A 1400-1600-1800 players knowledge is almost always flawed because they don’t know how to separate papercraft from realistic expectations within arena and only have a small glimpse of the picture depending on how hard the comp was/spec was general meta and games played.

“My” Pixel numbers are consistently high when I play/push/etc… it means that my knowledge is rooted in application and my word should be taken with that in mind.

Even if a low rated player can parrot something he heard/saw a high rated player do… he rarely can break down the why and how, meaning most of the time its worthless beside him just wanting to “be in the conversation” and seem like he “knows”.

Edit;

Consistently high ratings are realistically all that can prove someone has a grasp on the game because they constantly have to re-learn the meta/game/etc. A s2 gladiator earned in the last month of the season has just as much value as a 1800 player this season etc so its obviously not always “High rating means Skill/Knowledge”

Right now I’d argue because of all the carrys in 2s/3s 14-18 is harder than the 2k+ from then end of last season.

Both are equally worthless for giving opinions tho.

Hence why only Consistently high ratings are the only way people prove they have a knowledgeable grasp on the game.

1 Like

Yeah, but all these do is just prove who enjoys playing the game more. You have to have a desire to want to play that section of the game or play it through that much. A lot of people’s desires actually wane because the devs do a pretty bad job at designing classes/specs. Players give feedback, some of it is good, other sets of feedback is “this spec sucks” with no reason how or why it sucks. The devs often ignore the detailed posts about how/why/what feels bad unless it’s a mechanical flow like “these buttons don’t feel good to press together” or something, which they might actually do something with but everything else is usually ignored.

Again, though, when the spec/class feels good to play, a lot of people will play it and do harder content/things. When it doesn’t feel good to play, they stop because why bother doing the work when you just don’t enjoy it.

It’s kinda like when you have a job you actually hate or can’t stand. You could keep staying in that job and hate everything or you could go find something you enjoy doing, when the circumstances permit you to go do so anyways.

Point of it all is, though, people usually won’t climb on a spec/class they don’t find fun enough to play or put the work in to. Same thing with higher keystones and mythic raiding. Why put in all the effort/work on a spec/class you don’t enjoy?

People often underestimate boomies and how powerful Starsurges are.

1 Like