Shadow PVP 10.05

Title says it all, fellow pvpers how are we feeling??

Gutted. Thankfully destro lock is geared.

2 Likes

Glad I’ve leveled my lock instead lol

Eh, my hunter is my main for a reason. However, I’d still like to hit 1800 for the xmog on my priest.

I just gotta learn how to priest…again.

Everything op about the spec besides damage is still there. Spec will probably still be a pillar of rated 3v3.

Shadow dmg was already average compared to slands s3/s4.

Given that dmg wasnt the strong point a nerf to it wont change much.

I’m assuming the nerfs were made to offset the new damage buffs, and the fact that everyone is getting the 2pc and Wpvp gear which gives extra versatility.

However, the dot, SW:D, and proc rate nerf are probably the most annoying considering melee’s insane uptime. If they want us to cast more, then nerf melee sticking to casters like glue at all times…

5 Likes

I am glad I have this feral.

Im sad about the instant procs and focused will nerf. Its already frustrating enough to get railed by two melees…now our ability to do something while beign railed was nerfed alongside with our defensive.

I do agree that sp needed a nerf…but i also feel like melees need their mobility and gab closers nerfed aswell…especialy fury and dh…
Also dk anticaster kit got a bit too far aswell.

3 Likes

Feeling great!

We’ve retained all our utility and lost a reasonable amount of damage, but we’ll still be an exceptionally strong caster.

I am a bit bummed about the proc frequency nerfs. Beyond that, all’s well

4 Likes

I am traveling abroad right now so I haven’t been able to play to see it first hand, but most of it seems ok. Utility is still there, and our damage could be toned down a bit. The only thing giving me pause is the lowered proc rates on instant cast spells. That kind of feels necessary in pvp when all melee have close to 100% uptime. I guess they really want us to take precog, but I think they buffed that to 5 seconds too right?

1 Like

Proc frequency nerfs are terrible. Other nerfs make sense/are relatively reasonable.

Just tone-deaf reasoning from the devs re. wanting us to “cast” more given all the melee mobility, perma-slows, interrupts and micro-cc.

5 Likes

If they toned down the proc chances they should at least keep our abilities dealing the same dmg. The proc change alone feels bad enough.

1 Like

Its not 10.05 yet tho