Shadow priest vs affliction warlock. Which is more fun?

Which one do you prefer in terms of fun, lore, gameplay, rotation and aesthetics?

Please provide details if possible

shadow is the answer

2 Likes

Fun is super subjective.

Play what your mind tells you.

But, if you like playing a very insane character (described “crazy”, not evil), play shadow priest.

If you want to play an exceptionally evil character summoning demons and causing torture, affliction warlock.

Either way, you’re going to be a bad person. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I prefer Affliction warlock as I’m not a skilled player and the game play is much more straightforward. More dots! Keep your blueberry void tank alive and all is well.

Shadow, I’ve tried and just can’t quite make it work though I’ve seen other Shadow priests absolutely melt elite mobs.

2 Likes

I find more fun shadow because its gameplay and I also love the lore of light and shadow bend together.

I just want to read opinions just for fun

1 Like

Affliction. Shadow has always been annoying for me. Warlock lore is way more interesting and have better mogs. Easy choice for me.

2 Likes

as a shadow main i can say this as a fact that it’s 100% not shadow. absolute abomination of a design currently with only one niche that gets outshined by a stupid chicken class that can also do the best range cleave damage

we got a half-completed rework and then the spriest guy quit to form a new company. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

kinda toxic :frowning_face:

Interesing why is it annoying?

I love both aesthetics, but something about Affliction playstyle just doesn’t resonate with me anymore. I used to play primarily aff, but it’s just so much crap to manage. I dunno. It’s sort of disjointed for me, but I’ve only really done dungeons/m+ as aff so far.

I’ll stick to the bastardized version of spriest we have now.

Shadow resource is less annoying to spend than soul shards

1 Like

Battle pet for priests would be nice. Or rather, an array of void creatures that could be summoned and controlled.

With the ability of ‘mind control’ over others, one could imagine that if priests can control a player temporarily, they would have no issues controlling NPC/summoned creatures longer….in theory.

Having a warlock style pet option for the priests would be a boon to solo SP’s.

In regards to the warlock. It was my first toon choice in Wow. I always keep it current lvl wise, but over the nearly two decades of the same pets I would really like to see a larger variety of options beyond the four we got.

The blue skeleton slimes in ‘Draxxus world be a good start as new styles of void pets. Just more variety on the warlock pets is sorely needed.

Thematically it’s shadow over warlock all day long, because I like the void but not so much the demons (they all look dumb to me). But see, I kind of hate dot classes (I realize this class has one weak dot but that’s so not how I kill). Why wait for damage when you can have it up front? Enjoyed Shadow in Legion, hated it in BfA, and haven’t got back to it since. At one point I leveled a few locks just because I hadn’t done them but I deleted them as I just can’t get into their aesthetic. If they were necros I’d probably still be trying to play them though, just for EQ old time’s sake if nothing else.

My shadows are basically parked until they either modify or get rid of the void form mechanic, or make a shadow graphic I actually like again. Loved the purple tinge in legion, do not like the newer “smoke” or whatever it is.

leveled up a warlock to test stuff this last week

afflic doesnt really have a rotation. you dot stuff and then explode the dots with malefic rapture to spend down your soul shards.

for single target raiding i can imagine it would get slow.

if you enjoy BGs then afflic is really fun, especially as night fae for the soulshape.

sound design is way better for afflic, satisfying. shadow priest fx are too loud.

POWWWWWW SSSSSKRAAAHHH POWWWWW gets annoying

1 Like

The ashen liniment cosmetic dropped from chests in Korthia rifts create true depictions of what Shadow Priests should look like imo.

1 Like

well they are pretty much exactly the same when you roll an alt of any class and it just gets one shot in random bg instantly, whats the point?

I have to say affliction since I dislike the purple fart effect and some of the changes they’ve made to spriests over the years. Yes, I still miss my spriest having disarm. That was fun in PVP.

:cookie:

2 Likes

Shadow Priests.

We go further than Warlocks in the Void. To extents that even the supreme Fel user would never dare going.

Shadow Priests are darker than Warlocks, edgier than Warlocks and don’t require you keep your bags filled with soul shards to be competent in combat. Imagine you are a Warlock and you’re fighting with a Warrior, he charges at you, pushing you to the floor and scattering your soul shards across the floor.

You’re dead.

Meanwhile a Shadow Priest can make the Warrior charge over and over against a tree.

Just made the switch to aff and its been a blast in random bgs. If people leave you alone for any amount of time you can pump out some real damage.

Spriest are fun too but it just looks like a purple inked pen broke all over you and i cant move past that. Now if they had a glyph for old shadowform I might actually consider it

1 Like

Aff is extremely clunky outside of AOE. The spec was murdered. Fun in M+ but you only press agony and sow the seeds.

Spriest is the opposite, aoe clunk. Searing nightmare and mind sear are both dumb.

Aff is also more annoying for any other content with a ton of very weak dots on short timers, with windows of spamming ranged aoe nukes for some reason??? That make up the majority of your damage.