Shadow priest theme currently sucks

=

8 Likes

Not really. I love current shadow priest and that’s because I love the old gods.

I was a spriest then too, but honestly, it felt like devouring plague had too much damage front loaded into it. If it got dispelled, there was no punishment for it, and even with the fear push back from Vamp Touch, it’s not enough to deter someone from spam dispelling.

I just prefer current shadow priest. I have my complaints about it, but thematically and game play wise, I perform well on mine now and I enjoy it a lot.

13 Likes

I hate the darken down the shadow form…can’t see my wonderful Transmog I worked to get for her.

2 Likes

I laughed harder than I should.
This is further proof we need to return to shadow ravens.

CAW CAW

4 Likes

Eh. I only dislike it because I hate classes that flow by building up a resource to shift into another form then maintain it as long as possible, then rinse and repeat. The flow is too obvious ad repetitive for me.

Thematically I LOVE shadow priest.

2 Likes

Shadow priests were much cooler when they were a copy of D&D’s evil-aligned priests.

11 Likes

The current shadow priest theme is one of the only things I still love about this game. I know it will never happen but I kinda wish they were their own separate class so it could be explored even further. I love the Old Gods in general and I’m sad they haven’t been made a central part of an expansion yet, was really hoping for the next expansion to be about them.

3 Likes

Blizzard ruined shadow priests in legion

13 Likes

I absolutely love the new shadow priest. I haven’t played them much in BFA, but I did a lot in Legion just because of the awesome changes.

2 Likes

Old Shadow > New Shadow.

I would love to have dark wings and ravens flying over my head. To me, that looks way better than some tentacles.

Not to mention that Shadow Priest now has mechanically been a mess all expansion. Either overpowered or completely useless.

Possibly the same ones that dreamt up void elves. Shadow’s revamp and the void introduction does line up.

8 Likes

I agree with the OP.

Despite this shadow plays, it’s current theme is annoyingly lesser than its previous form shall we say. I LOVED the shadow orbs and ravens and would prefer we return to using shadow magic. Not void.

This similar thing happened with balance Druid. They used to be about being the masters of nature etc but blizzard pushed that to Resto and made balance about astral and cosmic magic. :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

3 Likes

yea, My main is usually a N.E. Priest and i liked using Shadowy disguise and then stealthing into shadowmeld. It was awesome for PvP, and yes i agree miss Devouring Plague, that was one of the top spells

I only ever played a shadow priest. It’s the only toon I would play. Every time I re-rolled I played a shadow priest. I left the game for a few years, and when I came back… I can’t even look at my shadow priest. :frowning: They are so flipping ugly.

So I tried playing without using shadow form PERIOD. I just couldn’t handle how horrible it looks. Now I’ve given up and I’m trying warlock.

I just… OP is right Bliz, why did you make such a drastic change to the visual for shadow form?? I never saw anyone even asking for that! I mean, if you want to add a GLYPH to change it, fine! But like… it’s like giving someone plastic surgery without their consent.

Ravens, orbs, wings - I loved all those things so much! But you know what? Those things aside, SHADOW FORM was still the same with those additions. This purple blob of poop, that makes your transmog ugly EVEN with the glyph to lesson the effect, is horrible.

3 Likes

there could be a glyph to make you not purple. that could be fun for some people, don’t play priest so I’m not sure if anything like that exists

I like the tentacle look and that spirit thing that floats to your targets.

1 Like

Pretty sure there is a glyph that makes it less obnoxious, but it’s still really terrible. That said, the visuals of shadowform/voidform are the only things I dislike about shadow. I absolutely love the gameplay and the theme. Like a previous poster said, I only wish it was its own class so it could be explored further without feeling like it’s just tacked onto priests.

2 Likes

Gotta agree with Shadina. I absolutely love the current Old Gods/Insanity/Cthulu theme. Honestly, the feel, the animations, the flying around in Voidform, the steady growth of tentacles the more mad you get… the SLAMMING sounds Mind Blast/Void Blast/Void Bolt cause… the eruption into Void Form that obliterates everything in an area… the constant apparitions flying at enemies like echoes of madness.

I’ll go as far to say Shadow Priests, thematically, are in the top 5 of specs from just a look and feel perspective… possibly even #1. It just feels so impactful and potent.

2 Likes

I’m torn on this subject. I liked my Shadow Priest the most during WoD, AS, Cascade and Devouring Plague, man that stuff was fun. Granted, I didn’t play my Priest much prior so I can’t say anything about previous iteratons.

I don’t mind the current “Void/Old God” inspired Shadow though, but I wish we still had Call to the Void (the artifact trait that gave our Mind Flay a chance to spawn a tentacle that Mind Flayed as well) Thematically, that fit really well and was pretty awesome visually too. Why they didn’t bake that into baseline as a passive or toss it as a talent, I dunno, lol. Felt pretty epic during Legion to be fighting and manage to proc 2-3 tentacles for some serious Mind Flay action.

It’s still fun and I will likely always love my Shadow Priest but she just doesn’t feel as epic as she used too.

They could take old shadow priest playstyles, put them alongside the current one and make an entire new class. And let priests be holy, disc and replace shadow with a holy dps spec.

1 Like

I haven’t liked playing my shadow priest since MOP. Used to be my favorite. Now I main a dps warrior. More fun to me these days.