Shadow priest theme currently sucks

No. It doesn’t suck. It sucked before, and that is coming from a vanilla shadowpriest main. I very clearly remember my first time using mind flay in westfall.

It feels like a legitimate spec now, instead of an emo meme. Harnessing the power of the void and old gods is a cool theme, shadow priest being dark because the shadows are calling is really just not cool lol. It lacks depth and power. Dark just for the sake of being dark.

2 Likes

I won’t lie, old shadow priest was “cool” with all of the aesthetic gimmicks it had, but it had no real theme other than “non-descript wielder of vague shadow magic”

I like that it has a direction, but i hate the gameplay now. I miss MoP->WoD shadow priest.

2 Likes

I’m just a little disappointed that there are no cloth blindfolds, since that’s the one transmog item my priest needs, to look like Thalessa from Omen of Sorrow.

This.

/10blablabla

Discussions like this are why the whole “make class fantasy awesome again” thing is a pipe dream, everyone has a different idea about what their class/spec should be like.

2 Likes

I wish shadow was more centered on the vampiric and psychic aspects of the spec instead of just being all about the void

1 Like

Look at my name.

Yeah no, can’t say I can agree mate.

Let’s face it…classes have been a train wreck since the end of MoP … the last time classes of all kinds were fun to play and had wonderful abilities, talents and spell animations. What remains to day is garbage.

You want to see how the shadow priest originally was? Play Classic and enjoy. Team up with a lock and have fun with Shadow Weaving. Best of all: your Shadowform is awesome looking :smiley:

Honestly, I’m not into angel wings on priests and paladins, whether holy or shadowy. It also ruins the Void Elf heritage armor (seriously, add a transmog toggle for it!).

1 Like

The current old god theme -craps- all over Forsaken shadow priest lore which really irks me.

But…that’s what the void does? The void devours and manipulates the mind. It’s all about insanity, inflicting psychic terror and manipulations and literally devouring your foe for sustenance.

3 Likes

All I have to say is ramp up sucks. And so do about 70% of this game’s secondary resources.

I quite like the old god/vpod theme but wouldn’t mind it being it’s own class to further explore.
The idea of class skins could be a good way to have both the void theme and an old school shadow theme.

have to agree with you,

demonology warlock was heavily like this once, not sure if it still is. regardless, it was lame, not-fun gameplay.

I agree. You all should get back your silly birds and wimpy wings and they should give those sweet tentacles to us Warlocks.

S̸̢̳͉̜̳̹̖̲͖̺͓̿̍̋̒̊̕p̶̡͍͚̠̼͔̞̬̗̽̒̀͑̈͑̄́͝e̸̢͓̮̞̻̫̠͖̩͊̐̂̊͋͊á̵̡̰̭̊͛̓̿͐̾̌͋͌͆̎̐̓̕ǩ̴̲̟̟̲̥̞͈̞͇̬̼͕͈͊̂̈́̑̑͌̉͘͜ ̵̧͎̩̓̅̏̾̄̒͆̍́̾͌͑̚̕f̶͍̳͚͖̗̦̤̟̙̞̃̎͐͛̑̈́̒͌͘ơ̵̛̫͉͈͔̠̥͕͓͆̍ͅr̴͙̟̪̄̓̐́̅́͋̔̌͋͊͝ ̴͉̯̘̆̈́̓̈́̽̌̎͌̈͋͋̚͘ȳ̸̢̛̛̜̫̮̯̼̟̦͔̻͇̰̰̘͒̎́̄̅̐̐̚͝ȯ̴̢̢̨̩̰̞̥̦̪͔̳͔̣̱͈̿̋̐̈́̀͆̀̽͂̔͘͘ụ̵̡̧̭͍̜̥̙͚̱̹͇̠̼̞͋̄̈́̕r̵̡̯̭̭̤̺͓̞̎͂͐̾̓͌̆̚̚ş̴̲̳̦͓͈͕̜̰̫̹̥̪̩͐̑ę̷̛̬̭̩̱͛̏̇̾̋̆̂̔̊̋̕l̶̡̛͕͕̮̫̭̬̖̤͋͛f̴̢̣̣̙͉̲̱͙͆͝ͅͅͅͅ,̶̱̒ ̸̫͍͍͕̞͊̈́͋͜ͅm̴̝͉̟͍̔̔̐͠ơ̸̡͖͒͌͌̌̒̌̆͑̑̍̚ͅȓ̷̛̪͔͕̽̔̃͐̈́̉̋̏̎̉̈́͠t̷̢̖̳̰̫͐́̆̇̕a̴̖͋̎͒̉̀̏́̈́̓̎̏̾̐͆ľ̸̢͕̠̭͇͈̙͈̥̬̗̬̚͠͠͝.̷̜͍̿̈́͛̌

3 Likes

Personally, I find the modern shadow priest theme to be more satisfying than the older versions of it. The void theme is far better than the warlock knockoff shadow theme.

1 Like

I miss the shadow raven/shadow orb look.

I like the tentacles, don’t get me wrong, but I wish we had more tentacles.

What bothers me is the new way shadow form looks… specifically when you glyph it. I love being a purple blob, but I wish my priest was a purple blob… in another way. Like the old way.

My favorite version of shadow form is MoP’s. You actually looked like a walking shadow.

I didn’t like Shadow Orbs either.

My favorite iteration was cata. Devouring Plague was just a strong DoT that did decent burst damage and healed us, Mind Blast and Mind Sear hit hard, and Dark Archangel was a strong burst cd. Shadow orbs was our mastery, and it didn’t really affect gameplay.

I just don’t understand why complicated resources have to be the norm now. There’s a reason why priests want to queue as Disc DPS. Simple can be fun.

1 Like