Shadow Priest is No longer fun. I quit it

Good thing i have alts. Blizz ruined a fun spec. Feels garbage

8 Likes

there is a reason? was a big nerf yesterday? you are knowing the 10.0.5 patch?

Sorry you found the class no longer to your liking. I hope whichever class you swap to, you find joy in playing it.

Fire mage, Affliction warlock, Balance druid are the specs I recommend for similar feel to SPriest IE a mix of dot and hard cast spells. Be well my friend.

2 Likes

Might be joining you soon. It feels so bad, so glad they keep trying to make mind spike a thing!

4 Likes

No nerfs (shadow’s dps actually got a significant buff), but aoe now suffers from the same button bloat issues as ST (optimal to play void torrent + mind spike in aoe now). Single target has been a mess from the start, and the screams bug introduced a few weeks ago definitely made it worse as well.

I don’t get why blizz is doubling down on adding more buttons when button bloat has been one of the biggest complaints since beta. Makes me sad.

2 Likes

Moving from playing spriest in Wrath classic to spriest in DF is insane.
In Wrath Spriest is amazing, fun and each button I press feels organized and impactful.
In DF it is just a bloat of buttons that kinda feels gimmicky.

9 Likes

I love the theme of shadow priest, but when I look up guides on the rotation, I get scared away. It’s not just button bloat, but trying to remember all the priorities in an actual fight and do it seems pretty crazy. Kudos to those that have mastered this. Just not sure I’m ready for that much complexity.

3 Likes

I am turned off by Shadow. Much for the same reasons already stated here. I’d rather spec Holy for DPS in open world PvE! lol. I am still shaking off my rust though and shadow didn’t feel familiar at all so perhaps I’m biased.

Sucks you feel that way, I’m having a blast on mine, wish I’d started an Spriest sooner… void torrent n’zoth build feels so damn fun even in levelling dungeons

1 Like

I’m doing great on mythic council i came in 6th place and could have improved. We have no issue with AoE’s. I use Void Torrent, Void Eruption, Mine spike when it procs and then Mind blasts right away making sure mind blasts are always on cooldown and mind spikes when i have nothing else available.

Single Target is garbage, i was locked out after council and didn’t get an invite for Eranog because i’m trash on ST and not a Meta. Thats blizzard fault and theirs alone for not fixing that sooner. I don’t know how much longer i will have to suffer not being invited into 15 keys. I"M TIRED OF IT. I had to find good peeps to tag me a long in mythics. and btw, now that i did council and not previous two bosses, i’m locked out. I wont get anything in the vault, and lost the roll on Council.

We had too many healers the other night on heroic farm so I went shadow. Borrowed ellipsis talent tree in ivy veins and had at it

Got to say it was enjoyable. Dpsing in my healing gear I was not even close to the bottom of the dps like I would expect. I found it a little proc based but once I got used to it I worked out what was going on and found myself enjoying it.

I haven’t picked up shadow this xpac. Granted I started as MS shadow but with healing gear, a preset talent tree and drunk off my tree ( day before oz day) to do upper middle of the pack dps in raid, shadow must be in a good spot

Is it just me or do you never end up actually casting mind spike? wowhead lists is at the very very bottom of the priority list right above mind flay insanity, which you basically always have. What gives then? So confused why it’s picked as a talent.

But yeah, I agree, it simply being on my action bars just feels really bad. It feels completely useless.

I was scared away too initially. Look up the easy mode guide on Icy Veins. It is a much easier rotation, and is only 4.6% behind the dps of the full rotation per SimC. If you are pushing high keys, maybe this isn’t an option but for lower content it may save the spec for you.

2 Likes

It’s actually not that bad. I completely opt out of the Mind Spike/Void Torrent route and picked more passive. I also used Void Eruption as opposed to Dark Ascension. With the buff to Void Bolt, this build only leads to about 3~4% drop in ST and barely have any noticeable difference in AoE.

With the help of some macros, I only have 6-7 buttons in my regular rotations. And I was able to push 20s-21s without much difficulties.

3 Likes