Shadow Priest Feels Great

I haven’t! Thanks for reposting em, about to read through the new forum.

Some dude posited in another thread altering void form to a more long term form that reuses the current corruption mechanic so we poop out random tentacles, infinite stars, just a lot of proc based stuff that gets more frequent the longer we maintain void form but with the accompanied costs of more negative corruption effects.

So it’s a true risk vs reward instead of just “you didn’t kill your target so you killed yourself”.

1 Like

still the same problem with Ramp-up mechanic… that doesn’t fix anything…

2 Likes

True… Got caught up in how cool the fantasy of it was. Hard to divorce shadowpriest and ramp up now in thinking even though orbs were as recent as WoD.

Shadow doesn’t look great without devouring plague, void form doesn’t work since they removed the artfact. Why they don’t accept that they have made a mistake with this rework?

14 Likes

Same reason why they never changed other broken systems. They’re too attached to admit it’s broken, so they will ignore player feedback and spend years trying to correct it while giving false promises, just like shaman. If history repeats itself, shadow will be playable and reverted after shadowlands once the spec dies.

6 Likes

See initially I believed this but hearing that both the dev responsible for the original redesign and the dev responsible for maintaining it in BfA have both left the company, I really don’t understand why they still insist on keeping Voidform.

6 Likes

No, they both work on hearthstone.

6 Likes

You can find a ton of this kind of feedback in the Priest forums, Alpha forums, and in this forum if you look.

There are several, I’d go so far as to say a lot, of those types of replies in this thread. I’m not sure what else you want folks to say, honestly. Maybe actually read the replies past the first sentence and you’ll find the specifics and proposed solutions you’re looking for.

2 Likes

This is an excellent post from Publik, who also gave vital (but ignored) feedback for BFA’s testing:

Information that should well be considered when assessing the functionality of the spec’s mechanics.

1 Like

Frost mages don’t take 40 seconds to get their first icicles. They don’t take 40 seconds after losing them to boss mechanics to get them back. If Shadow was on the same 10~15 second timer as everyone else, we wouldn’t be having this conversation.

11 Likes
  1. DPS in world mobs matters because running around and fighting enemies in the open world is the very heart of WoW. WORLD of Warcraft. Every one of us, with our very first character, logged into the game for the very first time, grabbed a quest, and killed some enemies. This is WoW.

2. Shadow has no burst CDs. The end. Excuse me, there’s Shadow Crash, which if the tank pulls the mobs, or the Player Opponent calmly walks out of the way, can ACTUALLY MISS in a TAB TARGET mmo. We have the game’s only skill shot. As our burst. Much wow.

3. The sine wave wouldn’t be awful if 90% of the content I do never lets me see the height of my sine wave. How am I supposed to have fun when I never see the height of the freaking sine wave? I can see the height of my damage on boss fights. Nothing else. The end. Nothing in the world lives long enough to reach the top of the sine. Players in PvP don’t live long enough to see the height of the curve, or they stun/los me out of it. Quest mobs all die at Void Eruption/ Voidbolt #1. Even rare mobs don’t make it to Voidform number 2, when I’m finally ramping up and putting the pain on.

When am I supposed to see the height of my spec? Am I literally supposed to become a raid bot who sits in raids always and forever? WoW fundamentally has no play for a 50 second wind up. I haven’t seen the height of this sine curve. I’m leveling a new priest on a different server, just to give it all another go, and the only boss I’ve actually gone through everything is the final boss of Gnomeregan. I’m useless in Dead Mine’s Ripsnarl. He poofs out and I have nothing to shoot as my Insanity bar drifts away. My DPS is gone. My group wants to drink and set up for their next pools, because it’s their right to slow down and enjoy the dungeon. And my freaking insanity pool empties out like a jug of punch.

So tell me Odinreborn, when the everliving **** am I supposed to enjoy my rotation? Tell me where I have to go, what I have to fight, to enjoy the heights of my 80 second sine wave. You’ve decided that we all have to celebrate this abomination of mechanical design, tell me where I can get some freaking fun out of it. Come on, tell us, you obviously know what we want. You obviously know better than. We think we do, but we don’t. Where am I allowed to enjoy my class?

19 Likes

I look forward to your little more educated review once you do more content.

Odin is clearly a troll, as annoying as it is, the best thing you can do is starve him of attention by ignoring him. Then he will grow hungry and go find somewhere else.

6 Likes

Once again, disagreeing with people doesn’t make you a troll. I suggest you look up the term next time. If I was flamebaiting, insulting, or otherwise ‘causing a ruckus’, sure. But my post history far and away contradicts any notion of being a troll.

umm…

But your out here arguing with people who hate it your obviously bothered and also this…

You were referencing both Maelstrom for Elemental/Enhancement Shamans and Astral power for Balance druids. Yet both systems were introduced at the same time as void form/insanity so how is insanity more integrated into the spec.

Stop talking out of your a s s and stop trolling.

6 Likes

Since you aren’t a troll, as you claim, you have every intention of refuting my arguments yes? Heated or not, I’ve given very valid reasons for the community to feel as we do. You have made no arguments for Voidform; you have made no formulated case, which you claim to be a fan of, justifying its design. You have refuted nothing, other than simply saying “no, no, you are wrong.” This is where you put up or shut up. Otherwise yes, we have no choice but to label you a troll. You want to be treated as a contributing debater, it’s time to debate.

Otherwise, yes, are in fact trolling.

9 Likes

He Doesn’t play shadow yet he lurks in multiple shadow priest threads with the intent of “refuting” arguments. He’s either a troll or the most misinformed contrarian who got lost on the topic selection page.

11 Likes

You know what would take a lot of hate away from Voidform? If we allowed Void Bolt, Insanity generation and all, outside of Voidform. This would drastically clean up our ramp up time, and the damage we can do pre Voidform. It lets us hit Void Eruption much sooner, so we actually have the burst for dungeons and weaker trash packs. Void Bolt itself lends us to a cleaner questing experience.

This next step cleans the spec further, at minimal redesign, but not everyone will like it. Clear out Voidform, but make each Void Eruption give us a flat 5% Haste increase. Call it Void Presence unless someone has a better idea. Each stack lasts 15 seconds. Each Void Eruption gives us a new stack of Void Presence on its own timer.

So…

Pre-Legion Shadowform?

I mean thats pretty much it. The only difference is you wouldn’t have a static damage and instead would have to weave in and out of your empowered state “Void Form” to do more % damage.

So like Demon Hunters Demonic.

Interesting how things come full circle lol.

3 Likes