Shadow DPS is lower than DH Tank DPS

Echo’s tank (Meeres) does more DPS than both Shadow Priests in their split runs.

We literally need a ~100% damage boost across the board. Not even an exaggeration. Yes, literally a doubling of DPS. Check the WarcraftLogs 95th percentile for today (post patch) on Terros. Rogue = 80k DPS and Shadow Priest = 45k DPS.

Also, please add 2 charges to Shadow Crash, and make the cooldown half as long.

Merry Christmas to whichever Community Manager or Dev decides to let us have fun for once. :slight_smile:

12 Likes

it is true. I have a warlock and spriest with nearly same ilvl and warlock did 75K in lfr and spriest did 42k. There is a sizeable problem.

4 Likes

I don’t disagree, but I’m genuinely asking. Wouldn’t a redesign to certain Shadow mechanics be preferable?

The Terros fight has a lot of movement. Movement is INCREDIBLY disruptive to our rotation. If I was a dev I’d be looking at ways to account for making movement mechanics less punishing for us to deal with.

13 Likes

Lol

Not sure what the implication is here.

3 Likes

Normal is hardly the metric for determining performance.

Not much different from claiming classes need buffs / debuffs cause “random bg experience”

That’s a fair point. I agree. But maybe there’s a kinder way to present that correct point of view.

5 Likes

I’m not here to make friends

1 Like

Whoa there big boy.

Swing that thing elsewhere.

17 Likes

I’m seeing Rogue at 57 and Priest at 46 - https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/31#dataset=95&difficulty=3&sample=1&boss=2639

And this is a fight with heavy movement, which will penalize Shadow in particular.

DPS balance is still a bit wonky, though.

1 Like

It’s introversion not e-peen. I try to say what I want to say as concisely as possible. People tend to take that type of writing personally

That’s because you didn’t say any of what you intended to say with a sarcastic “lol”. Don’t use the introverted excuse like some sad emo kid when you were being a dink because the internet is anonymous and someone called you out for it.

18 Likes

When the source is “normal raid”, or “random bg”, all you can really do is laugh.

Someone asked for clarification and I provided it

Sure, but then don’t claim it’s introversion and not epeen. Own the fact that you’re being arrogant because of your perceptions of skill in a video game.

10 Likes

I don’t believe it has anything to do with arrogance.

A source was bad for a derived conclusion. I’m not being arrogant because I laugh at the bad source.

Are you being arrogant if you laugh at me for saying something like “the earth is flat because the ground is flat”?

The implied arrogance comes from the simple message of “lol”. This implies their observation and subsequent frustration is beneath you. It implies that you feel superior because your standard for “difficulty” is higher and therefore not worthy of your time.

If that’s the case, just don’t respond.

You could have easily explained that Normal mode isn’t a fair metric for judging a classes performance. There are other considerations like rotation accuracy and team coordination that come into play at that level.

“Concise” doesn’t mean “more clear”. With a more direct explanation you are informing them that they are wrong, but you are also not displaying, what comes across as, negative elitist attitude.

We’re people behind the avatars. It’s not our place to police your language, but when you are replying to someone frustrated at their class, maybe you can remember that it’s a person.

18 Likes

Mythic terros still has spriest at 47k, and outlaw rogue at 82k, 99th percentile. I realize its not a shadow priest favored fight, but imho that disparity is disgusting. The only fight these numbers aren’t this way is council, which is fine, but shadow priest still isn’t even the best dps there. People that think there isnt a problem are bonkers

5 Likes

Ok, so subjective. Got it!

I didn’t think that was necessary

“Elitist” is a buzzword. It’s annoying. Stop that.

I’m not going to change the way I write because people immediately resort to “elitist” because they lack common sense.

If someone has to tell you that no one cares about normal mode difficulty for tuning issues, that’s your own problem.

You can take it or leave it buddy. Im Just explaining why people are responding negatively to your messages.

Also I edited my last message a lot. You might want to look it over again. I spelled it out for ya, nice and clear.

8 Likes

By “people” you mean you and the one person chain liking your comments right? Just clearing that one up buddy.

If you can’t type it right the first time, that’s yo problem