Severe Lag in Korthia zone Stormrage server

Well I made another thread after, yes it is Korthia specific because the lag is on every server.

It isn’t lagging for me on Illidan, Hyjal, or Area52—so not every server. I am currently wandering around Korthia with no issue.

Have you taken the time to check your connection with the steps in the sticky thread?
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/common-technical-issues-and-solutions/22912/24

They appear to have fixed whatever the problem was.

Was curious to check this as I have characters on both. 0 lag/latency/issues on thrall in the maw. About 3-5 second delay on any action while on my Stormrage character. Seems more like a server related issue.

Perhaps. However, I’d recommend the ticket route since it doesn’t seem as widespread as is being said.

1 Like

sorry but its the server I AM currently experiencing it with 50ms PING BOTH home and world, i got a 2-4 sec delay,

4 Likes

same here, it’s pretty annoying and frustrating that this “mvp” person comes here and tells ppl to do this and do that it’s not Blizz fault it’s your problem seems to be implied. How is this helpful?? how is this “mvp” worthy. Coldpaws is on Stormrage, I’m on Stormrage. Since early this morning very bad lag in the Maw and Korthia. It’s pretty much unplayable. How about getting it fixed Blizz instead of asking players to fix it for you. This is one of the many reasons subs are being lost.

4 Likes

Was sharing this negative opinion helpful? I don’t work for Blizzard, but the forum isn’t a ticket system. So if you need staff to be aware of the problem, you’d want to open a ticket like I mentioned. They’re not going to take notice of less than a handful of threads mentioning an issue, which is why I am leaning towards it not being a server issue (generally that results in 50+ threads in a span of 30mins). How you choose to proceed is up to you :slight_smile:

3 Likes

It’s not a neg opinion, it’s the truth. Let me break it down for you nice and slow hoping u’ll understand On Stormrage in the Maw and in Korthia ppl were asking in chat is the lag really bad and everytime 5-10 ppl answered that yes sometimes a 2-3 second delay maybe ppl didn’t didn’t ticket this or go to forums cause seems like a temp lag is the norm sometimes with this game but this went on pretty much the whole day so this has def affected more than a handful of ppl.

So this is an in game Blizz problem not just related to just a handful of ppl, are you suggesting everybody experiencing this bad lag for a whole day on Stormrage open up a ticket?

Why is this forum called “Technical Support” if there seems to be a lack of support ?? As u said yourself you don’t work for Blizz so why are you putting in your 2 cents which I say again is not helpful (and that’s the truth and not a negative opinion)

At the very begining of the thread all you should have said to be helpful is put in a ticket because even tho this is “techinal Support” they won’t help or support you as you said yourself they ignore a handful of threads mentioning an issue. An issue that’s clearly not the fault or issue with the player or his/her equipment or ISP.

4 Likes

Sure, why not? That’s what the ticket system is there for. If the problem is truly a big deal, the only people who can help are the employees that can request info about server status.

Time to review the sticky threads: Forum Guidelines & Information

Less condescension, please. Anyone can respond in all of the Blizzard forums, and I wasn’t asking for advice.

Best of luck with your issue.

4 Likes

you weren’t asking for advise but maybe you shouldn’t be giving advise if only to stroke your own ego and self importance.

It is you who are being condescending to me in your posts. Why don’t you actually read my post on what the problem is before making your stupid little comments.

6 Likes

Are you sockpuppeting your own post with likes? Yiiiiikes.

3 Likes

my posts get flagged yet this person Elocin can freely make fun of me and that post doesn’t get flagged??!!

Elocin didn’t help anyone and I said so, maybe could have phrased it in a nicer way but the way this company treats it’s players is appalling! Giving people the run around telling them to check their personal equipment and ISP instead of being honest and owning up to the problem being on their end and working out a fix and politely telling people with the problems that they are looking into it. instead some person that doesn’t even work for Blizzard comes here telling people wrong information and put in a ticket…that’s fine but the last time I put in a ticket it was finally answered 3 days later.

This support forum should be done away with. It’s not helping anybody as far as I can see. Just some person coming on talking down to ppl and making fun of them when their ego gets bruised by the truth.

If this is the way the company is heading I don’t want any part of it. Who do I talk to about getting a partial refund on my 6 month sub? Should have never re-subbed.

Took screen shots of everything so I can post on social media and tell my story.

It’s not some kind of special privilege to play the game or post on this forum. I’m a paying customer, the privilege is yours Blizzard.

1 Like

Unfortunately for you, all sales are final. There are very few exceptions, which Blizzard, despite your poor opinion of them, does try to work with folks on, but they’re limited in their scope. Only if it’s something that’s reported pretty much immediately after a purchase are they able to work with. Which doesn’t seem to be the case if you’ve played into that six month sub at all.

As for your posts being flagged down? Elocin was going by all of the things that one of the Blues might have suggested off the bat, and you come in only to be rude and contrary. They’re at least trying to offer suggestions while you’re just in here to rant and rave. See the difference?

If it is something on Blizzard’s side, perhaps it’ll clear up with tomorrow’s reset. Perhaps it won’t. Hopefully people will continue to come here to chime in constructively so that the folks behind the scenes can collect more data to try and get this resolved for you guys.

2 Likes

If being honest is now called being rude, I’m guilty.
Elocin did follow my advise despite what she/he said about not asking for it about putting in a ticket b/c this forum ain’t going to help much with the situation described.
And I see you chimed in on that other post too so you are not exactly impartial.
Be a fanboy or girl all you want , I’m not a sheep I pay to play and want to get treated with respect and dignity I notice you didn’t say anything about Elocin making fun of me, now was that nice?
I admit like you said I was not very nice with some of my comments to Elocin and I didn’t treat she/he with any respect or dignity that I expect to be treated with I do apoligise Elocin and truely sorry. I was annoyed and frustrated with the lag dragging out for a whole day and yeah it was no reason to take it out on you but your first comment to the OP set me off about checking personal equipment and ISP
It was more my anger with Blizzard seems like that’s their response for everything.

I don’t come here to troll or insult ppl I hardly come to the forums at all I spend my time playing the game and enjoying it most of the time I understand every game has technical problems and am usually very patient. It would just be nice every once in awhile for Blizzard to actually respond to ppl asking for help or at least drop a line to let them know they are aware and working on a fix.

I was trying to help that person understand that they should be leaving their ticket open. If having some knowledge of how things work and wanting to share that information is impartial, I guess then that I am impartial.

Impartial and a fangirl. I’m rocking it tonight. I’m sorry that people wanting to help others is insulting to you for some reason. I’m not an MVP like Elocin, nor do I want to be one. I do, however, enjoy helping folks. Even with you, I know you were and are irritated with the state of things. I acknowledged it and I feel bad for you guys, honestly I do. I really want them to get this issue fixed for all of you folks having to endure it.

But just because there isn’t a Blue post doesn’t mean that it’s not being looked into. If people keep chiming in to say that it’s an issue or submitting tickets about it, then that is telling them just how widespread it is. People complaining in general doesn’t mean that they’re coming here or submitting tickets, unfortunately. But that still doesn’t mean that they’re ignoring the people who are reporting it. Just because you’re not seeing them doing it, doesn’t mean that it’s not being worked on.

1 Like

Here’s the thing though - were you really? A person came to the technical support forums to complain of a technical problem related to in-game experience and likely issues that require some type of server reboot due to a memory leak error or other circumstance where there is outright degradation on a portion of servers responsible for feeding that user content. Do you really think that lecturing them about how wrong they are that they feel customer support takes too long to respond to issues is helpful?

If your goal is really to help people - it would be better spent elsewhere. Quite honestly, you come off as borderline trollish - and your responses probably fall just within the guidelines to prevent you from receiving a forum ban.

TLDR: You’re not being helpful…and I think you’re intelligent enough to know that “being helpful” is not your true intention.

1 Like

Dude, look. I was telling you it was wrong and the general ETA of ticket times are never eleven days. I’m sorry you seem to think that’s trollish behavior? I have nothing to gain or lose by posting and trying to clear up misconceptions.

Aside from clarifying that with you and Ledzep, what have I said that’s trollish?

Was it that I want people to post here constructively so that their voices were heard rather than voted down? Or to submit tickets so that they get answered? I guess hoping it gets resolved was what really gave it away.

Either which way - I’ve done nothing of what you’ve accused me of, only offered clarification and some sort of truth since Ledzep agreed to what I said about them lashing out at Elocin. I’m sorry you are misconstruing that as anything else, but that’s on you.

Please, folks. Keep reporting this issue. The more people who add their voices will only help the folks behind the scenes resolve it all the quicker with more data to work with.

2 Likes

read the posts, ppl were trying to tell Elocin what the problem maybe not in the tech terms that she/he understands but it came across loud and clear when I read it that this is a Blizzard issue and the responses seemed like Elocin was talking down to them.
That’s a big part of the reason I went off. This Blizzard mentality that it’s you not us is frankly sickening! Own up to the technical problems Blizz.

I did tell them. My post has yet to be even acknowledged some “mvp” from customer support directed my post to technical support and the only reason I hi-jacked the OPs thread was I saw the same issue happening as mine.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.