Several spells coming off the GCD!

It’s definitely a great start to fixing the GCD issue. We should continue to be vocal about it so that all specs get the same treatment

Bust out the dancing crabs!

:crab:

1 Like

Took only literal years of complains

1 Like

Took 26 months… And still missing lots of spells.

It’s a decent start but there are still 20-30 abilities on the GCD that fit their description of burst cooldowns.

Paladins sure do love avenging and crusading!

2 Likes

Oh yeah it’s def not fair, but it’s not nothing. I think the reasoning is because these changes are to make openers more fluid, and for a Bear Druid… If you’re blowing all of your Mitigation as an “opener”… Don’t play Bear Druid.

For those interested in a direct link -
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/shadowlands-update-some-spells-no-longer-on-gcd/630189

That said, as good of news as this may be…

Yeah, can’t give a whole lot of credit for this. One, putting everything on the GCD should never have gone forward to begin with, and two, this should have been corrected long ago.

Remember, “Let’s put everything on the GCD!” was such a profanely stupid idea, it was first proposed in an April Fools patch note set.

1 Like

I mean… to be fair what exactly could DH’s possibly need off the GCD?

It’s just nice to feel included :smile:

1 Like

Shapeshifting, and other things…

Take Auras off the GCD

#pulltheripcord

Frenzied regeneration, a big deal.

@blizzard

Survival hunters CD? Pleaseeeeeee

Most the other major dps CDs got removed yo

Oh hey, another blast to the Shaman teeth.

How about we take Flame Shock off the GCD and let is burn this class to the ground so we can stop feeling pain.

Nothing. DH were a mistake.

Did someone say…Bus Shock?

They could give us one as the start of an apology.

Still need multiple tank defensives off the GCD

I am so sad that there are so many people focused on what is missing vs. what is being enhanced. True Shot is not going away. It is being enhanced by being removed from GCD. It means one less thing to calculate in terms of how much time to stay in a particular window of dps output…this to me is a good thing…I do not want to play a game that does not consider the players. This announcement, by Blizzard, is clearly their way of saying we want to support you, our player base. No, I do not defend Blizzard, I only state what I am observing across all of the forums and the threads thereof. I am not here to defend Blizzard. They are fully capable of taking care of themselves. I am here to support them and, without question, give them clear feedback, which is what they are really asking for here relative to the actions being removed from the GCD.

To me, it is sad when people seem to be here only to put down or lessen Blizzard efforts to support their player base, especially where these sorts of topics are involved.
I would have to say it is why I do not read these forums…for the most part. I only see complaints and put downs of what Blizzard is trying to do for us…and saddest of all is that we continue to berate and denigrate their efforts to support us, their player base.

I hope, that one day soon…and yes I expect a great deal of people are going to be “offended” by my comments…I still hope that one day soon we can accept what they are offering to us instead of trying to destroy Blizzards very real attempts to support and be there for us, their player base.
They, Blizzard, do appreciate your feedback, yes.
Blizzard needs your feedback and they need you.
Think for a moment, how would you appreciate it if everything someone said to you was a put-down or criticism (aside from constructive criticism)? Would you be happy about this? I do not know.
For now, my response on this removing certain things from the GCD is a positive change, and I am sincerely hoping we will see more of this going forward, even now, before Shadowlands has been released for us.

[I have more than 20 characters I have nurtured and supported to where we are today. They are a combination of both Alliance and Horde factions. My Shadow Priest has been here since I started playing, nearly 12 years ago. There is also a Mage, a Druid, a Shaman and a Hunter that all began their life in Azeroth at about the same time, 12 years ago. They are, all ~20 of them, Raiders.]