Seven years has passed?

From the gist of the side convos at stormwind harbor with gen and turalyon. Shadowlands happened like 7 years ago. That a long time in the death realm surrounded by crazies+ a sylvannas . I hope it’s taken a toll on anduins psych. He needs more rage moments like his father

1 Like

Three years ago.

And Shadowlands lasted two.

2 Likes

5 years

/10char

Alright, one of you is saying 7 years
Another is saying 2-3 years
Another is saying 5 years

Who’s years are canon?

3 Likes

Gen is talking about dog years.

3 Likes

Rude

10char

Total of 5 years
2 in Shadowlands
3 out

2 Likes

No, five. We spent two in SL and three afterwards.

1 Like

We have official Blizzard posts talking about it. It’s 5 years from the end of the fourth war to Dragonflight: Shadowlands took place over 2, and then there’s a 3 year timeskip between it and DF

1 Like

Unlikely as Anduin has people around him that share the same experiences. (Genn, Jania, Bolvar, Valeera)

On the subjects of timeskips a downtime where no large threat is looming makes sense and I am not questioning that. I know some of the lore, not all of it and not as much as I would like. Can some one please tell me are timeskips and downtime standard? If so, is there any good reason in the story itself (and excluding the fact that it may be hard to design an expansion and redesign old areas at the same time) why damages and evidences of previous conflicts, wars, acts of gods don’t ever seem to be repaired?

Some changes may require major terraforming. But I do wonder if some of the refugees on the Alliance and the Horde are ever going to have homes again or is the story just going to take what seems to be the path of least resistance and keep all races in one of two capital cities and one shared city/hub per each expansion?

No, these 3 years are the first timeskip WoW has had since Vanilla

Ok, thanks. So lore-wise there hasn’t been lots of time to address some of these things due to more pressing or direct threats.

It certainly felt like seven years.

1 Like

Canon is a strange word. It claims to describe “reality” in a word that is 100% fiction.

Man, what happened to Lakeshire afterwards?

You see the town get obliterated by undead in Shadowlands, and it’s implied that a lot of undead were still roaming the Eastern Kingdoms from that Kyrian Questline.

That’s not what canon means.

Well when you look up “canon” in the dictionary it talks about rules by which something is judged and books that are sacred. Now there’s nothing sacred about a video game so that leaves the first definition.

Being judged is only as important as the authority doing the judging. Now the author of fiction has an opinion of how things should go which they write down but it’s only the author’s opinion of how the fiction works.

So in this context, canon is reality in a world that is 100% fiction.
For that matter the other definition is the same.