Set bonuses for 10.1

we actually lost a bit with the new set, the 2 set currently buffs wrath and starfire damage greatly, and without it theres no synergy for starsurge anymore, they need to make starsurge buff wrath and starfire baseline again

Nor do I, Japablep Is the one with the frail ego who felt the need to come in here and throw insults and thump his chest at the mere suggestion of using RotS on a pull.
(Which is when we’re at our weakest)

I just hit him with some truths and his world shattered.

Guy needs help.

Were not at our weakest though, as you pointed out, since we can use RotS. So which is it? j/k idc, good luck with that 20 key.

You sound confused.

Take some time on that and try again.

Didn’t ask….but you’ll need it all the same if you’re going to blindly follow the piss poor advice of someone just based off their IO.

I don’t think we lost anything considsering you can get shooting star procs from all 3 dots now. The damage just isn’t front loaded, and with the heavy scaling on the 4p comparably to the original shooting stars, ALONG with the shooting stars buff it seems to be much better consistently. Burst windows we for sure lose out on, but the rest seems to be buffed.

Gotta remember there are things like Denizens of the Fae going from 4->8%. And odds are with all the changes, we’re probably going to have MORE AP gen than we currently do, which more than likely means more starsurges/falls. Someone would have to do the testing for this, but I see this tier as a massive buff to how boomy plays.

Aren’t they removing shooting star procs from stellar flare?

no shooting stars on stellar

You’re correct, my bad. I must’ve misread this with something else.
But consider as well the raw AP generation we’re getting in general from everything. Moonfire/Sunfire is tripled, Wrath/Starfire +2, Stellar Flare +2.

Then to bonus this, Starsurge/fall are +20% buff. Goldrinn buffed. Elune’s Guidance increasing the amount reduced for Starsurge/fall

All in all, no matter how you look at it, this is a buff.

Well no, its only a buff if its relatively high compared to the other tiers.

Increase to DPS is a buff
It’s only a buff if it’s better than everyone elses

???

Like what. your passive DPS is going up no matter how you look at it. It’s a buff.

You literally do nothing and GAIN damage from doing nothing. That is a buff

1 Like

No thats really not a buff. If blizz gave you a damage modifier right now for +3% thatd be a buff. The existence of the current tier set isnt a buff. And the existence of the future tier set isnt a buff. Like the fact that moonfire isnt a buff even though it increases your damage. All damage for all specs is going up, thats how a new season works, that doesnt mean everyone is getting buffed.

If my boss gave me a raise…. But also gave everyone else a raise… is it no longer a raise?

Pretty sure if I took it off and just wore dungeon gear of the same ilvl my dps would drop.

2 Likes

Guardian druid tier looks pretty decent. Unlike other tanks, their new tier sets are downgraded versions of s1 tiers, guardian druid has a better s1 tier imo.
The 2p bonus wording is pretty confusing, it’s either super broken or just a okay bonus.
If it heals 6% dmg taken over last 8s, then it’s insanely OPed. Also is the inflicted damage pre-mitigation or post-mitigation ? My guess is the later. If the bonus is just heal you 6% damage taken as a 8s hot, then it’s just decent, can be understood as 5% DR.

That’s not what you advocated. you said to initiate the pull with ROTS, which is a moronic idea, you’ll lose 2 seconds of your 10 just getting into the pull. You can initiate with barkskin if you feel like you need it. You want the full 10 seconds of ROTS because it’s also a big damage buff. If you are wasting 1-2 seconds of it before you even really start your damage is just dumb.

As for running 25s, the guy you keep talkings trash on IS tanking 25s and 23s. I wonder who actually knows what they are doing.

1 Like

You read… “You have it up for every pull”, and immediately think im pressing RotS before i even run into the pack?

Awww… honey.

Youre absoluty right, that IS dumb.

When youve been playing a long as I have, at the levels I have. You quickly learn that even highly ranked players are dumb as rocks.

Stop worshiping false idols.

1 Like

u cant get shooting stars procs off of stellar flare anymore, consistent damage is a little bit better with dots , but wrath and starfire fell off again without the 2 pc. the astral power generation is there yes, but it seems like they want these spells to be filler. they still havent solved the eclipse problem. most power gain is still cycling eclipses. they will have to deep dive this spec to fix it tbh

[quote=“Raïsin-moon-guard, post:25, topic:1545612”]
Someone would have to do the testing for this, but I see this tier as a massive buff to how boomy plays.
[/quote] also i have 10.1 ptr and have been testing.

i agree with this btw, but they still didnt solve the core issues with how boomy plays still

Its super broken.

I tested it in by going solo in Nokhud Mythic+0.

I soloed 3 packs at once, took 9.3 million damage and the 2 piece bonus healed for 2.5 million.

Either something is bugged with it or its getting nerfed.

I’m convinced there isn’t an amicable solution to the spec that involves the current iteration of eclipse states. Essentially you either give the players freedom like we currently have, and the system gets “solved” and becomes repetitive or degenerate, or you enforce a pattern within the system like in Shadowlands, and it feels rigid/stale, and comes with the problem of your eclipse states not lining up favorably for specific encounters (especially in dungeons).

Empowering eclipses last expansion also had the problem of trying to make them matter by having Starsurge empower their bonus. Luckily they were tuned into a state of not mattering, otherwise the idea of pooling AP for movement would’ve actually been a meaningful damage loss.

Now, the specific eclipse bonuses virtually don’t exist, and it boils down to just “be in one”, and the fastest eclipse to get into is Lunar, so that’s what we do now.

They are filler, the problem with eclipses currently is that in single target you spam wrath upwards of 7 or 8 times in a row sometimes, and likewise Starfire for aoe. Starfire is especially egregious because there are scenarios/builds where it becomes more powerful than actually spending AP. If they “buffed eclipses”, it would just be more spam.

As long as each eclipse is tied to a certain spell school (and as a result essentially tied to AOE vs Single Target), assuming they fix the “Always enter Lunar Eclipse” situation, the choice ends up going back to simply being binary.

Target = 1 = Solar
Target > 1 = Lunar

2.5mill out of 9.3mill is far more than 6%, so its pretty obviously a bug and some double/tripple/whatnot dipping