Servers Lagging?

Faerlina is unusually laggy today. It’s also noticeably more crowded.

Is this happening on other servers?

2 Likes

It seems layers were cut, which we had been asking for…

1 Like

Whose been asking for that?

1 Like

Some people are saying blizzard reduced layers on servers, and their antique dedicated hardware cannot handle the strain. I am unsure if this is true or not, but I do know a few players on a thread were demanding the removal of all layers

So their solution is to make the non RP servers laggy as all?

No, we merely wanted the “empty” zones to not be empty and just combine layers there.
Of course the response would be too heavy handed.

2 Likes

not exactly sure how the resources(layers) work but i think they maybe be using them for retail to help on that end.

2 Likes

Unlike sharding in Retail which works for certains zones, layers are entire world for Classic.

2 Likes

Then it was an improper solution from the start.

1 Like

Yes its really bad on Benediction. We are getting anywhere between 2 and 8 seconds lag on input and response actions.

Dalaran seemed very crowded so they must have cut layers.

2 Likes

Well then…it does seem like they listened to that thread OP or this is a really well timed coincidence… I did try to warn them in the thread how blizzard would handle it. At least that thread OP is happy from their last response. Rip

Looks like layers cut across the board to make the game appear alive.

1 Like

Love that Jim Carrey impression of Aaron Brink. rawwwwwwwwwwwr

1 Like

Retail servers also just happened to die within the last hour. At least I can get on to Classic.

seemed pretty bad today…

1 Like

Benediction has been unplayable today because of removal of layers again

1 Like

its bad, bump this, screw the bad devs

1 Like

Wondered why Dalaran had an insane number of people in it all of a sudden.

Really bad in Dalaran. Spent nearly 2-3 minutes waiting for money to be received from the AH when there was a bout 1 page and a half of auctions. Benediction as well.