Server Transfer in Classic

Something to consider is what happens with battlegrounds.
If battle groups are a thing then I don’t see as much of an issue.
If battle groups are not a thing then I don’t think transfers can happen.
Simply because some servers will progress quicker than others. People or guilds could transfer to slower servers for an advantage.

That’s an extreme scenario that only happened to a handful of servers. If it happens then it happens tough luck. Faction xfers are literal cancer keep that junk out of here.

1 Like

I feel it should only be a thing if a server collapses.

It’s kinda hard to know what servers going to be popular at launch and then remain so after.

This is correct. It was a part of Vanilla, and if they make mistakes and end up with dead servers, likely it’ll happen again for merges.

Personally I would allow them with the same restrictions as back then.
If someone is desperate enough to pay what 25 bucks or whatever it is to switch server then go ahead.

Usually they are necessary at the point when your servers community has already pretty much died but there is no corrective action from Blizzard.
Personally I would rather have that option available than be stuck on a dead server.

And as many have pointed out they were around in Vanilla so they can be part of Classic if Blizzard so deems.

Can agree. Faction transfers aren’t reasonable.

Honor system gains are rank based, so theoretically, all servers will have the same number of Rank 12-14s.

If you’re speaking of PvE progression, don’t really see a difference between a top guild starting on a server or them being on a server from the beginning. In either case, the opposing faction would have to deal with them.

I can only speak for myself, but if server transfers do become available for Classic, i hope that they are handled in a manner similar to their original use during vanilla. I hope that Blizzard controls them and designates specific servers eligible for transfer and specifuc servers to which players can transfer. I would also expect those transfers from an eligible origin server to an eligible destination server would be free.

I would hope that server transfers are not something that players can purchase to avoid the consequences of their behavior.

“can i be a dick head and ninja and then leave into the abyss”

no

1 Like

I believe that they will inevitably be available. I hope for the sake of community that they are restricted to a time limit. Like other posts mention, like 6 months or something.

Ninjaing and paying 25 bucks for a transfer with 6 month cooldown on that character on transfer…I really fail to see this as a huge problem.

Your failure has been noted.

2 Likes

Was going to say the same. 6 month cooldown for sure. Also, I remember loot rules being a thing in Vanilla. If they ninja, Blizzard can fix if loot rules were stated. Am I mistaken?

I’m thinking of a player coming from a server that is in Naxx and transferring to a server that is still progressing through the earlier content. Then using their gear advantage in PvP.

Those were player made loot rules, Blizzard had no official rules.

1 Like

Obviously the transfers would be limited to servers on the same phase.

Yep, let’s say Method does exactly that, starts on a server then transfers somewhere else and destroys Horde.

What would be the difference if they just started on the server to begin with? They’d still progress through Naxx and Horde would still have to deal with them.

OH, are you saying a server that BEGAN later than others? Not sure they’re even doing this…

I really dont care one way or another but it should have the same 3 month CD that it had when it was released in vanilla.

1 Like

No one wants Blizzard to put its fingers into Vanilla. Back during WoTLK i think they got involved though.

If someone ninjas Eye of Divinity or Leaf from the chest in MC it would be worth it. Especially if they wanted to leave the server anyway. If a Eye of Sulfuras drops and the loot master in the group wants it they will do it.

Vanilla gear meant something unlike the slot machine gear you are wearing.

In Vanilla, a lot of people transferred to new realms to be the leading guild, or rerolled on fresh realms that weren’t transfer enabled. There’s a lot to be said for people trying to be the top on a server, and moving to new servers when they realise they can’t.

Doesn’t change anything I said.