Server size once layering is removed

Because that’s the population per layer and what an actual vanilla server cap was around

Don’t see the capacity being reduced in that post.

The whole post addresses it, but this is probably the clearest paragraph

Yea they will probably have to do server splits instead of merges. Wasted time on layering probably.

Nah, they only address not increasing capacity, nothing about reducing capacity once layering is turned off.

They specifically mention not raising it over the 2006 cap, open your eyes.

The increased capacity is the result of the layers. When they turn the layers off, excess population goes into queues because there is no more increased capacity because no more layers.

Even though I totally agree that quote can be interpreted as:

Classic cap is the same as 2006 cap

I didn’t read it that way initially. And I’m not convinced that is what was meant.

The ‘any further’ in the quote suggest the cap has been raised. What Kaivax, was saying is that they will not raise the cap more than they have just to get rid of queues.

1 Like

any further could just mean any further then 2006 though, and they’ve basically confirmed unlayered servers will just be one layer in the past soooo

Agree. I just think it is ambiguous. Not trying to dig or conspiracy theory. I just honestly think its ambiguous.

I think it is confusing because there has been so much misinformation about layering thrown around this forum. It is super clear to me that the increased capacity is due to the layers and when layers go away, we’re back to a vanilla sized realm. They are neither adding extra layers, nor increasing the layer/realm cap… so queues for Herod.

the auction house is going to crash when that happens, sell sell sell!

Why? What would you do with those numbers that low medium high wouldn’t give you?

Because they have the numbers and they’re the only ones making server and scaling decisions.

because if the cap is 60k players and you have 112k players waiting to play on the server people could see how bad it really is and make a better informed decision. right now when it says “full” people think i don’t mind waiting a few mins not realizing it will be hours. I bet right now people who don’t use the forums are making characters on herod! They wouldn’t if they knew how badly it is overpopulated.

Idk why that was so hillarious to me :laughing:

I would suspect that many who are on Herod now will come join one of the normal servers.

They literally told you that there will be 10,000 person queues.

5 days after the fact. Again if there was actual server population numbers people would of adjusted at the start and there would be less of a problem now.

There’s a reason why companies don’t release this information. The negative effects and player reactions are far worse.