Server size once layering is removed

I wish blizzard would release info about server size when phase 2 starts. Would make server selection easier and hopefully get people to move from Herod if the server size would be dwarfed by server pop and incur huge queues once phase 2 begins.

1 Like

how will they know till the tourists are gone? I would agree they need to actually put numbers down not low, medium etc and lock servers off before they get to the point of herod.

As far as they’ve stated, each layer is equal to 1 classic server, so once layering is gone each server = 1 classic server or around 3k people. This is why they’re trying to get people to move off herod.

If they’re still playing in Phase 2, they’re not tourists.

2 Likes

If by phase 2 the server says full no new people will make characters so problem solved. I think what your wanting is population data now so people can see they should be bailing that server like rats off a sinking ship. From the looks of it Herod is a total loss.
I made characters on both PST servers and will on any new PST servers that pop on release because i will not go through the mayhem of vanilla. Waiting and hour to get on a server no thank you.

Good luck getting Actiblizz to keep their promise of removing layering when half the pvp servers have well over 10k active players, probably more.

2 Likes

Well they are warning people that Herod will have massive queues when layering is removed. So people can’t say they weren’t warned what would happen if they all dogpile the one server.

1 Like

Don’t get my hopes up!

full right now is closer to 50k which is considered a drop in the ocean.

There has been more then 1 blue post saying layer is 100% going to be removed before or when phase 2 drops

Blizzard is going into this assuming 80% of the playerbase will quit by phase 2.

Sign me up to the MEGASERVER then!

They are warning people of the ridiculous queues they will face when layering is removed if they all stay on Herod, so I’m pretty sure they’ll pull the plug on layering even if they’ve got 15k extra people. Have fun in those queues lol

You are assuming they are going to reduce the capacity to 3k, where did you get that information?

Because that’s the population per layer and what an actual vanilla server cap was around

Don’t see the capacity being reduced in that post.

The whole post addresses it, but this is probably the clearest paragraph

Yea they will probably have to do server splits instead of merges. Wasted time on layering probably.