Server only bgs or not?

I jusr stumbled over a post inferring there will be x realm bgs . Is this true?

The part of classic I was looking most forward to was server based bgs; building a relationship with players and becoming competetive with the same names across a battlefield.

Please say x realm bgs arent a thing in classic.

1 Like

cross realm bgs were a thing in classic, and you should expect them at some point.

4 Likes

I hope Blizzard don’t do cross realm battlegrounds right away but I fear they will be lazy and claim that people will get confused if they implement them later.

1 Like

At some point, but my memories were forged when they werent.

1 Like

Cross realm battlegrounds became a thing in patch 1.11 or 1.12. So I hope that Blizzard don’t implement them till there is an actual need for them.

They came in 1.12.

1 Like

Crossrealm battlegrounds were introduced during vanilla’s original run to reduce the queue times and they most certainly did that. They are confirmed for Phase 3.

1 Like

They’ve confirmed cross-realm for Phase 3. I imagine they’ll implement Battlegroups, likely with all PvP servers together, etc.

Will be great to hear all the tears from players when the Asmongold premade rolls them.

I loved the cross realm battles because it was your realm vs theirs. It sucked when they changed it so everyone is from all over on the same team

1 Like

Well guess I’ll be quitting today. No use playing now.

2 Likes

Nobody cares my friend cya around

2 Likes

x realm was fine. It only became bad when you had people from other servers on your team. Keep the teams from each server and let us battle server to server.

Again, the biggest problems in WOW retail are from the community destroying features like you pooling randoms from different servers together.

2 Likes

I’m not 100% certain on this. But I think there is a massive Horde population on most PvP servers.

I dont have a problem with cross realm bg’s as its all instanced and really just smooths out queues

Can I have your stuff?

2 Likes

Absolutely.

Randoms who dont care thrown together is the 'wow killer ', inasmuch as they are the poison in the game.

Added in June 2005, Battlegrounds existed as server-specific up until August of 2006. Meaning 13 of the 19 months of Battleground’s existence were as server-specific battlegrounds.

Say no to cross-server bgs! They completely kill the PvP community.

1 Like

This is pretty much how I feel. Just ost about 80% motivation…

Doh

Yet here we are, playing patch 1.12, which also existed for only a few months. If queues are long on some servers you should expect cross realm bgs. I will not say no to them, they are of practical use. If you actually played with the original battlegroup system you would realize those same rivalries were built within the small crossrrealm network (circa BC). There’s nothing to fear from them.

1 Like