Server and name change

I changed my shaman by the name of “Cell” from the Nazjatar server to Stormrage to find the name “Cell” had been taken by another account. Upon looking into it, it seems to be a dead character. I’m having a little bit of an identity crisis, is there anyway I can get the name Cell-Stormrage? Thanks. :slight_smile:
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/Stormrage/Cell

Not if it’s taken no. The system for releasing names is automated now and requires that the player’s account (not character) be inactive for 2 expansions. You can read about it here:

1 Like

While the character may currently be inactive, that doesn’t necessarily mean the account that holds it is. I’m afraid our staff is generally unable to free up character names.

That said, if the account itself is inactive and remains so for 2 expansions, our system will automatically free up the name. Perl linked a support article with some of the basics on it.

There isn’t really a short term solution here, but I’d recommend checking back shortly after the launch of the next expansion to see if the name has been released.

1 Like