Seriously, why can't we just get info from the Blizzard site?

lol NOW you can post there, wait no, i cannot, interesting.

Its a beta. We haven’t gotten that sort of information from Blizzard since MoP.

We have gotten dev QnAs for quite awhile , as well as blog posts about things.

Really odd that I cannot post there, they should add that to bug list,lol.

Are you talking about the classic beta forums? if I recall, you gotta be flagged for the beta to post there.

1 Like

I am, which is why i find it odd, i got in on the first day too.

And we’ve received all of those sorts of things for classic? We have never gotten information on things like how queues are going etc, and beta forums are relying on players to post bugs etc just like normal. Things like layering etc, we’ve gotten posts about stuff previously, and we always get more information from media interviews than blue posts.

hmm, I guess the forums are still bit hinky

yes actually we have gotten some blue posts here and there, but yes we do get more info from the interviews.

The real complaint seems to be the streamers. And except for telling us things they discover in Beta (which we get video for not just written posts), they don’t have any more knowledge of the inner workings than we do. Video if anything is more information than usual. Its a far more indepth information stream than anything we got in say Wrath beta.

I too would like a Layering blue post, but Classic has not suffered from a lack of blue posts or detailed explanations on various topics (of which there are a lot to go through).

plus we seem to get different interpretations on some subjects from each interview.

Yeah Ion said no changes to Classic after Naxx at all. Peter Dawson said everything’s on the table.

Unbelievable that we have posters who are claiming that while information was given freely to streamers by Blizzard, it is somehow absurd to expect that same information to be accessible on the official WoW site.

4 Likes

Wasn’t it like this back then? MMO Champion was the first place to get info about the game. No changes.

Was blizzard directly feeding official information to them, rather than putting it on their own website?

No idea, but it might be like it has been now that info has leaked from data mining and interviews before they have had the time or interest to make an info bomb on this channel.

3d party sites are doing a better job at disseminating information than Blizzard does.

I get your point and wish there would be a blue post with all the info, but the content I’ve seen is interviews with Blizzard employees from streamers. It’s nice that it’s coming directly from Blizzard.

The only difference now is that it’s some amateur journalist. However, in one aspect this is actually nice. Since the interviewer actually plays, they ask better questions whereas a professional journalist would ask pointless questions like, “So this will be a full three dimensional video game for the personal computer, correct?”

I mean, I don’t see why they couldn’t have just done everything in-house and release official developer Q&A videos, but I guess that’s not as hype.

Blizzard has fed official information to third party outlets in the way of interviews for longer than WoW has existed with their games.

It used to be that you needed to go to Gamespot, IGN, or whatever to get all the official news about the game.

Their practice hasn’t changed, only who gets the information.

Nowhere in your post did you indicate what you were referring to.

The original locations are still getting info the streamers don’t have too. Its all based off interviews and you have to read/watch them all to have a full picture.