Seriously, put the portals back

They coded certain portals to only appear when you are questing/on a quest for that level/area. It disappears after you move on. Can you work around it by accepting the quest and just never doing them but keeping it in your quest log?

I dunno. I think its more level based and regardless, you will lose the portal once you move to the next expac. I only assume this because I have a boosted 110, I got to 120, never did the Legion/MoP quests and there are no portals.

it simply doesn’t matter. it’s the fact that this isn’t the first time portals were removed from areas of the game.

But i’ll admit this is the first time that portals to certain locations have been totally removed. but that’s not what this comment you’re replying to was addressing.

I’ve said this before an I’ll say it again. The way these new forums are laid out in terms of conversational flow makes for misinterpretation’s of the context of a comment (reply) to someones post before it, very easy. That’s why I’ve suggested to the forum moderators several times the design needs some changes.
these include:

• replies to posts need to be contained within the reply section of a persons original post. collapsed by default
  • there should be a new reply post count shown beside the “reply” count to peoples posts to highlight new replies.
  • stop double posting replies to peoples post within the thread itself. this causes a confusion an breaks the contextual flow of the conversation.
  • by containing replies in the right place within the threads, it’ll actually shorten the overall length of the thread, an make following the conversation a lot easier.

Bug forum is that way

They had the ancient France???

Taking out the portals is just another slap in the face to the player base. They say they want us to experience immersion? Well, hell! I did that when the areas were relevent and so did all my alts. Isn’t that immersed enough? And how is flying on a taxi in any way immersion into the game? Almost everyone I know tabs out on flights. And even if they don’t, do you expect people to be ewwing and awwing over old content…on a flight path? If so, you guys REALLY need to find other jobs. Does your precious “time played matrix” apply if people aren’t even looking at the game because they’re tabbed out. If it does, then the whole thing is nothing but a crock of feces you are using as an excuse. Here’s a wacky idea. How about giving us actual content instead of trying (horribly) to give the illusion of content? Making it slower to get around doesn’t make the world one pixel bigger. It just makes it take longer for us to do the things we want to. Make it too hard or time consuming to get to areas and guess what? Hardly anyone will go there. How’s that for immersion?

And while I’m about it, WTF is the excuse “cheaper and easier” to do? We are paying subscribers to a multi-billion dollar game…we don’t want to hear cheap and easy. We want you to make the best game you can, however difficult. Do you think WoW would be where it is today if past devs had taken the “cheap and easy” route?

Bottom line is earn your keep or be gone. Get some fresh talent that isn’t afraid to do a little more work…maybe some devs that can immerse themselves into making this the great game it once was. (thats the proper use of the word Immerse, Blizz. It doesn’t work in the context you used it).

1 Like