Seriously, put the portals back

Hahaha, I love reddit.

5 Likes

Or they were just quoting me when I said that the Wyrmrest Temple portal shows when you’re on the Legion Chromie intro quests and just assumed that the portals would appear for all quests that directed you to the removed portals.

lmfao what a disaster

So demon hunters and any of the new allied races are screwed unless they went back and farmed old content.

2 Likes

You’re right. It’s only a few more minutes. In fact lets just make it even more simple and remove all portals except the one going to Org. It’s only a few more minutes to fly from org after all.

Heck, lets get rid of that one, you can always pay a mage.

13 Likes

All the more obvious that this was probably done for the time-played metrics.

8 Likes

I’m actually okay with that! Remember when we always had to take a boat to other continents?

The only portals we actually need, are for places not in Azeroth! i.e. Outland

1 Like

People shouldn’t be able to log in and get things immediately.

3 Likes

Except they had it, then blizzard removed it.

Nah. Put in a new space ship and we can fly there. Let it take 2 weeks in game time. Everytime you need to go to outland, draenor, or argus.

1 Like

You seem like a troll who argues just for the sake of arguing even when you don’t actually believe something. But that is just the vipe i am picking up from you, i could be wrong.

12 Likes

I thought that was done on purpose just to rub it in our faces. They have nothing but contempt for us, their little piggy banks.

9 Likes

There is no other logical explanation.

My favorite was also, “Here’s a new Raiding with Leashes for Pandaria! But we took out your central city portal, so have fun flying from Jade Forest! Hahahaha!”

7 Likes

I have to admit, I don’t even know where that portal goes or why it is there! And can agree, to an extent, that removing a portal to something that is a staple for previous content might have been a little short sighted on Blizz’s part.

I just flew from Jade Forest to the Celestial Tournament this morning. Took quite a while, but I didn’t mind. But again, that’s just me. I am a chill player. Sometimes I appreciate the downtime between places. Coffee, bathroom, talking, reading, etc… :smiley:

Yeah, I don’t have an issue with the superfluous ones. But all cities should have them. And I think the Jade Forest one should’ve stayed near the Cata portals, since all of those are questline portals.

Heck, they could’ve had Bronze Dragons in elf form keeping the Northrend Dalaran portal opened, then Kirin Tor Mages for the Broken Isles Dalaran.

Doesn’t come as a shock to me, Removing portals before the portal room was even opened was a sign of stupidity at work.

Saying how something “should” be working just shows how they don’t test the systems out and leave it for us to test on patch day.

4 Likes

Just report it as a bug. Each time a quest tells you to take a portal, and it’s not there. They have to correct it one way or another. Those quests are clearly broken right now.

1 Like

Remember when you had to walk until lvl 40 and couldn’t fly until level 60? Perhaps they should go back to that as well. Game progression is not a bad thing. The customer base is completely different than it was back then. Today, there are a lot of people who have limited time and who appreciated that the makers of the game understood that they would rather spend their time completing their objectives than making a journey to complete their objectives.

11 Likes

You know boats are portals - ie, loading screens - with an animation and timer, right? We aren’t REALLY riding on boats.

1 Like

My alliance priest gets to ride a row boat around Kul Tiras :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like