Seriously, put the portals back

Remember when you had to walk until lvl 40 and couldn’t fly until level 60? Perhaps they should go back to that as well. Game progression is not a bad thing. The customer base is completely different than it was back then. Today, there are a lot of people who have limited time and who appreciated that the makers of the game understood that they would rather spend their time completing their objectives than making a journey to complete their objectives.

11 Likes

You know boats are portals - ie, loading screens - with an animation and timer, right? We aren’t REALLY riding on boats.

1 Like

My alliance priest gets to ride a row boat around Kul Tiras :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I do, yes! Good times! :smiley:

p.s. run actually, but yes, ground travel.

Such good times that people couldn’t wait to buy their first mount and then couldn’t wait to buy their first flying mount, yup great times were had!

2 Likes

They could have easily verified this, by actually testing things like this during the PTR, and listening to player feedback verifying that if it did or it didn’t work on the PTR. I’m not for or against the removal of portals in the game, as this has happened before. I am though for thorough testing of the game before releasing content an addressing issues / BUG’s that players report during PTR’s with fixes and further testing to verify that the fix actually addresses the issues / BUG’s before releasing the content on the live servers.

In my opinion there should be a news release in the battle.net app in the place where the breaking news widget is for maintenance to announce to the players that they’re testing fixes to BUG’s on the PTR, so players can test the fixes themselves and provide feedback as to whether the fix was successful or not.

• there in turn lies the dilemma, BLIZZ needs to actually listen to feedback from the players.

and when i mean feedback, I mean feedback like this post below that has over 8k posts worth of feedback concerning the whole portal issue.

and this 1 with more then 5.8k posts

2 Likes

We’re talking about a portal. And it’s a little ironic that you were just in another thread saying allied races should be given out immediately instead of logging in and working for it.

8 Likes

You’re the kind of person that drives slow in the left lane aren’t you.

5 Likes

You are posting on the opposite faction as well.

1 Like

BFA in a nutshell.

optional- AVAILABLE to be chosen but not obligatory.

2 Likes

I’ll admit, I was a bit miffed about this. Like… what do you mean why would I need it?

Not going to lie, I alt tabbed out, pressed play on Netflix, and used the preview pane hover display to track my progress. Only hopped back in once I was near the target.

This isn’t immersive, and sure I chose to alt tab out, but how would staring at a flight screen for a couple of minutes be any more immersive. Flight paths haven’t been “fun” or “immersive” in ages.

4 Likes

The Karazhan portal was up for my outlaw rogue’s artifact quest just now. Looks like that might be a bug. (But I’d still love it if they put the portals back for everybody…)

to also go along with this. Blizz needs to upgrade the flight masters to offer direct routes at break neck speed (800% of ground speed) to cut flight times from 1 end of a continent to the other.

currently flying mounts fly faster then the taxi’s do.
it’d also be helpful to get flight masters inside places where portals were removed such as CoT and Dalaran crater and karazan.

The only portals which were removed were the Wrath of the Lich King Dalaran portals - not including the Caverns of Time one - and they put them back after enough people requested for them to be returned.

All of the portals in WotLK (after returning them), Cata, MoP, WoD, and Legion remained until now. So contrary to what the devs and CMs are saying, no, they don’t regularly remove portals. It has only happened once in the past, and even that was reverted.

7 Likes

That would be incorrect.

• When wrath released they removed the BC portals in shat except the SW/ORG portals.
  • When cata was released they removed the dalaran (northrend) portals except the SW/ORG portals an the CoT portal in the temple.
  • When WoD was released they redirected the blasted land portal and added in the hellfire portal with also the moving of the SW/ORG portals in hellfire to right at the teleport location when you phase into hellfire after taking the hellfire portal from SW/ORG.
  • When BFA was released they removed most of the portals from the shrines in pandaria except the shat, OLD dal, and SW/ORG portals.

So yes this has happened several times in the history of the game.

1 Like

Remember that many, many people have taken this advice to heart over this and other changes that they’ve found detrimental.

2 Likes

Ahh yes you are correct!! I wasnt paying attention… Also i was on a lvl 98 Horde Priest as well… Just incase its broken on allaince faction only…

1 Like

LOL

Actually, no, I am the opposite! And can’t stand it when people don’t know how to use a round-a-bout properly… IT SAYS YIELD PEOPLE, NOT STOP!!! Sheesh! :smiley:

Why would I need to go to Caverns of Time? Maybe for the roughly 40 achievements, 6 pets, 4 mounts, and so many transmog appearances that I don’t want to try counting them across it’s numerous instances.