Sept 8th-12th 2019 - WoW connection issues / WOW51900328

Also unable to login from Vietnam.

1 Like

This also got me thru the same error on windows

Thanks so much, seems to be letting me in after the last 16 hours of trying things and waiting.

Linux user here. I’ve been unable to connect for roughly 10 hours. Thought issue was isolated to my Linux laptop I was using while out. Issue persisted at home on my Linux desktop.

Appears DDoS mitigations false/positive connections from Linux folks using Blizzard products. Will Linux users be able to use Blizzard products again?

sudo sysctl net.ipv4.ip_default_ttl=128    

Got me in on Fedora 30.

4 Likes

Try the fix here, it’s worked for a lot of people including me:

I’m personally in the camp of people who tether through their phones (I’m on Metro, personally), but I’m able to get on fine by using my hot spot.

I could kiss you good sir. Setting the IPv4 defautl TTL to 128 WORKED on Arch with a 5.2.13-arch1-1-ARCH kernel.

Now I got to go through the hassle of subscribing again… Maybe next time I should post to forum before rage unsubbing.

No, you were right to show your discontent with the only thing that has any voice - your wallet

2 Likes

Latency 10000-15000 ms all day long on Arugal for me. Definitely not from my internet provider and I have tried restarting everything

I’m also tethered, but am unable to get in. However, it seems like mainly the people through Verizon and such aren’t able to get in. Smaller carriers should be fine.

Either way, its a little frustrating :neutral_face: . Been about a day and a half now that I just get d/c’d on realm connect. Everything else Blizzard related works just fine.

1 Like

This has fixed it for me on windows 10.

I have had hours of back and forth with blizzard and numerous tickets…

thank you good sir.

Windows 10 user from Australia.
Error code WOW51900328
Tried to connect to various classic and retail realms in both USA and oceanic.
Reset comp and router. released and renewed my IP address and flushed my DSN.

To update on Arugal (OCE) :
The queue seems to keep going through the DCs (error 319), my queue has consistently decreased after each DC (1800 -1500 - 1200 - 1000 - 700…).
That is not due to the queue becoming shorter as a friend logged in to 2k queue when I was at the 700 connection.
After which I got to character selection instantly around a dozen times, bypassing any queue. I either failed to reach the world (70% loading screen DC) or DCed a few seconds (<15) after connecting.
Next step is repeating failure to connect to server (past server selection error 319/328). Sometimes getting in to character selection for the same issues as previously, but less often than not.

Also tethered, using Verizon, and unable to get in still. Tried using a vpn, no change, still get disconnected with error WOW51900328. Been trying to log into the game since 4pm EST yesterday.

1 Like

@Blizzard: Give this guy and the guy who fixed it for Linux users a free lifetime subscription.

Did you set the VPN to go through Canada?

This has worked for me as well.
win 10
after 15 hrs
ty

Nope, don’t have that option. It’s just the free version of protonVPN so my choices are US, Netherlands, and Japan.

This fixed it for me as well.

I’ve been trying to log in for about 12 hours or more. Thanks a lot, very much appreciated.