Separate Timers for Tyrannical and Fortified

Now that ratings are tracked in-game by Tyrannical and Fortified, I’m suggesting separate timers for each.

It’s another knob that can be tuned if dungeon X is turning out to be appropriate on Tyrannical but taking too long on Fortified or vice versa.

2 Likes

The dungeons are basically mathed out to the point where they take almost the same amount of time to clear on both tyrannical and fortified.

The trash has -20% hp so to clear to the 1st boss in Mists takes about 6 minutes on Tyrannical vs 8 on Fortified. The boss on Tyrannical takes 2 minutes longer so it all evens out.

Affixes on Tyrannical also slow you down more than fortified. Spiteful and Necrotic are anti-big pull affixes and you spend an extra 15-20s on the pulls just kiting spitefuls around.

So it’s the affixes that waste your time more than anything. This week is terrible for pushing and there’s only 113k timed keys so far this week vs 800k last week.

1 Like

this.

Necrotic is the problem here ; massive pull are extremely tricky to do especially for non-kyrian tanks.

Or bears
or paladins
or any group with a paladin in it
or any group with a boomkin

1 Like

huh…

bear aren’t immune to necrotic either. it’s actually one of the few thing that’ll put an end to their god-mode during incarn since it effect their shield.

Paladin probably have the easiest time with necrotic. especially kyrian prot paladin ( which is a popular covenant)… bonus point if they are a dwarf.

non-prot paladin ability to BoP once every 3 minute help, doesn’t negate the affix.

stacking boomkin + resto sham + paladin now yes… that do negate the affix… which sucks for usual non-meta picks.

Bears are tanky without needing to heal. You don’t need to kite off necrotic if you’re at a steady 90% hp. Iron fur is completely uneffected by necrotic.

Death Strike is also not affected by … umm … I’ll be on my alt tanks if anyone needs me.

Ironfur doesn’t reduce magic damage, though, which still needs to be healed up.

1 Like

warrior still have superior physical mitigation thanks to block.

bear tankiness during incarn come from their leggo shielding them every trash… paired with incarn you just shield more than you recieve damage.

Yea, but in pulls where magic is minimal (the pulls where you receive the most necrotic) you’re pretty safe with a high mitigation tank. I’m sure I don’t have to say this, but I will anyway, high magic pulls have low necrotic stacks (and therefore are moot).

Since they are tanking, afterall, they control what the pulls look like to some degree. If there’s a lot of magic tank hits, best to not pull a lot of melee sources as well.

DKs are absolutely screwed on necrotic. I won’t argue that.

100%. Good warriors should be mostly fine this week, provided there aren’t mixed damage profiles in their pulls.

Just as a note, I’m not saying that every tank is good at necrotic. I’m also not implying that it’s entirely ignorable. I’m saying that the beefier tanks have less to worry about. If you take an average of 1.5k dtps (ignoring spikes for the sake of argument) and have 60k hp, you have a solid 40s where you shouldn’t need heals at all from 100-0.

In my experience, healers tend to panic if I get to 40 stacks even if I’m at 75% hp, we only have 2 mobs left and their both at 5% hp. Imo, just stop healing at 30-35 and let the tank decide what to do with that.

1 Like

or any group with a paladin in it

I play an hpal and I desperately want to be able to BoP a tank to help them with stack management but so few tanks have a BoP cancel macro made, let alone accessible. BoP to drop stacks is virtually guaranteeing a dead melee if you’re not running with a group on comms, I just don’t risk it even though I know that it should be something I can do. :frowning:

That was my point, though. I’m not suggesting you’re plain wrong, but I don’t think bears are as invincible as your post made them sound. I think their biggest advantage is that the damage they’re most susceptible to can be kicked or disrupted.

which is basically every pull, including the necrotic debuff itself.

Not even remotely true. There aren’t any dangerous casters in ardenweald area of DoS (a common place to do large pulls). Most of the other pulls in dos are either weighted to heavy magic with minimal melee hits or tons of melee hits with casts that get targeted across the group.

Most plaguefall pulls have 1 caster and a bunch of melee.

HoA can be crafted to separate the casters to have them have minimal impact in heavy necrotic pulls.

NW is mostly melee with negligible tank casts.

Mists has very few casters past the opening area (tank specific casts).

The dungeons in this expansion are heavily weighted toward melee swings and most of the tank magic damage taken is either interruptible casts or debuffs (which can be dispelled).

if you dodge all the puddle and dont pull the dragon ( bleed) you are right. you’ll only have to deal with large pull who stack necrotic ( which is a dot) ridiculously fast and the ever icnreasing dmg from bladebreak.

everythingelse have magic dmg and/or bleed.

Most plaguefall pulls have 1 caster and a bunch of melee.

the heck you pull? everything toss a ton of disease on you, which bypass armor.

HoA can be crafted to separate the casters

if you want to divide the first area into 15 different pull and fail the timer maybe. Oh, gorgon bleed bypass armor, of course

NW is mostly melee with negligible tank casts.

NW is amongst the worst for necrotic : the solider and blight bag melee twice as fast as any other mob and constantly jump to you, making regular kiting a PITA.

Mists has very few casters past the opening area (tank specific casts).

soul split. yeah good thing they only have mostly tank-specific cast on a affix designed for tank.

1 Like

It doesn’t.

Bears are immune to necrotic for the duration of incarnation, since UFR just absorbs everything.

1 Like

Who the hell stands in puddles?

A ridiculously minor bleed.

Why exactly are you including completely avoidable damage in the tank damage profile? The fox picks a random target, bramble thorn coat is a priority interrupt, nourish the forest does no damage, tongue lash is avoidable, triple bite is avoidable, the dragon is just a dps race before the tank has too many damage mod debuffs.

Have you ever taken a moment to read what those debuffs do? I can assure you, they do minimal damage, their power comes from “increases the damage taken from the next” type effects. I’m not saying they shouldn’t be dispelled, again going to this, “what if suck” argument.

There are 11 Obliterators in my route. At most, there are 3 in any given pull. Sometimes there’s 1 with multiple dark blades, gorgon, archer mobs (which do not stack necrotic). You behavior with kiting gargons isn’t changed from any other week. No clue why that’s even remotely relevant. Necrotic doesn’t make this interaction worse. It’s identical.

Have 55% of normal enemy hp for the dungeon. I’m not disagreeing that they stack necrotic quickly, but they also die so much faster.

Increases damage taken by 10% per stack. Nasty debuff. Dispellable. You’d dispel this on any affix week. This isn’t even the cast I was referring to. The early pulls have real casters in them. That’s pretty much the entirety of magic damage that targets the tank in the entire dungeon.

Let’s clear something up. Wicked bolt is a tank targeted magic damage ability. Standing in a swirl is a tank failure of a standard mechanic. You’re implying on non necrotic week you should just stand in that stuff.

necrotic reduce shield

cause guess what, the vast majority of a healer job is covering avoidable damage.

if we didn’t take avoidable damage we’d be MDI candidate.

Have you ever taken a moment to read what those debuffs do

stamian reduction on top of large dd on proc … yeah. or oyu know triple ooze who need to be interrupted, or the wretched plague, or…

There are 11 Obliterators in my route. At most, there are 3 in any given pull. Sometimes there’s 1 with multiple dark blades, gorgon, archer mobs (which do not stack necrotic). You behavior with kiting gargons isn’t changed from any other week. No clue why that’s even remotely relevant. Necrotic doesn’t make this interaction worse. It’s identical.

every othe rpack eithe rhave bleed or caster in it. notably every shard is a 3-caster pack.

Have 55% of normal enemy hp for the dungeon

thanks god since they ever hardly stand still to get AoE’d down. their job is to stack necrotic ridiculously fast while jumping around so anything but vortex / binding doesn’t hold them in place.

Increases damage taken by 10% per stack.

and major DD on application.

Again, it doesn’t. UFR ignores necrotic. It’s dumb, and probably a bug that’s stuck around all expansion, but it is how it works.

Log

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/yamQZMRxNWnqzL9D#fight=95&type=healing&source=555&start=29110327&end=29179209&pins=0%24Separate%24%23244F4B%24auras-gained%240%240.0.0.Any%240.0.0.Any%24true%24177481112.0.0.Druid%24false%24209858

So the original point of bring one of bear/pally tank/any pally/any kyrian tank/treants for this week for a chill time on necrotic is correct.

1 Like