Senior players?

37, replacement joints, clinically 65+…
I really feel old as dirt in a lot of group chats during runs lol…

Stay off my lawn.

2 Likes

I can still pee in your pool though right?

3 Likes

73 here, 74 in a couple of months. My son started at launch and got me to try the game a couple of months later. I’ve been playing ever since. I have a 120 of each class on the alliance side plus a 120 Horde warlock and hunter. I probably play 3 or 4 hours a day.

10 Likes

Peeing in a pool is only rude if you’re standing on the edge of the pool.

2 Likes

Get off my shard ya dang troll!!

Gtg matlock is on

3 Likes

60+
Elemental Shaman main, Hunter, Warlock, Druid alts (all 120)
Gamer since Asteroids and Ultima 1 on my Apple ][+

2 Likes

You are my hero!

1 Like

Thank you everyone for the input! It is greatly appreciated… The context of the project is to write a review / overview of the game to share with individuals who belong to an older age group. The collaborative aspect of WoW is what we are emphasizing, as well as studies that indicate playing WoW and other MMORPGs help with cognitive functions, as well as memory development.
We have developed a survey to help us write the review-- for anyone interested, message me and I can send you a link!
Also, if you are 50+ and would like your player profile or any of your toons featured on our review site, send me a message or email at mnrawso@g.clemson.edu and we will gladly do so!
Thanks again everyone! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I had a classmate in high school that started turning grey before graduation. By the time he was 25, he had a full head of white hair.

My mother lost her red in her early 20’s and 5 yrs later was BFF’s with hair dye because she was turning grey. I lost the majority of my red about 10 years ago and only a single grey hair since (saw it on my 40th bday and promptly yanked it out while swearing. It never came back LOL)

52 here. My main is a 120 prot paladin, but I also have a geared Brewmaster Monk and Blood DK. The shaman just hit 120 the other day.

I started playing in Wrath when I let my daughter start playing. I lead a guild, tank for my raid team, and just have a blast. I’ve got great people in my guild and that’s what keeps me engaged.

1 Like

That’s exactly how I describe my EQ-to-WoW. It’s been 14 years and I still feel burned out thinking about my raiding days in EQ.

3 Likes

I’ve been trying to get my husband to join (Im under 50) for the discounts.

Get him a gift membership for his birthday! Though… only if you think he would like it lol.

:cookie:

1 Like

He might be more open to a gift membership this coming birthday, as it’s the magical “senior discount at restaurants” year.

March 30th 1970 :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ahm, what’s a senior when you’re a gamer. but seriously how old do you have to be ?

So, I’m bumping this full of win post. Is your project complete?
40/ 1x120 with a born on date 2005. Struggling wanting to play my other toons, but working to develop the social priority we had before I went on break.

69 and have been playing for about 10 years. World of Warcraft is my first and only on line game. Never had any interest in ‘gaming’ until I started listening to the gaming community at work telling tails of their journeys and conquest through Azaroth. Though I knew I could never play to their skill level ( I have the eye/hand reaction time of a turtle) they assured me that WOW had so much content it would fit any play style. At the time it did…sadly with Pathfinder and current profession requirement it does no longer. I truly hope that someone at Blizzard, someday realizes that the membership fee and ‘time played’ by casuals means the same to their bottom line as the higher skilled player does…
/wipes tears from eye

3 Likes

That’s kinda cool. So many young people with dyed gray/white hair looking like Legolas or a K-Pop star. It’s a hawt look.

54 year old grandmother here. I have played WoW for 12 years and my main is Healseeker. I will be here until either the servers go down or I do!

1 Like