Self-promotion

For some years I have been wanting to pursue creative writing as a hobby, and I heard many times that the best way to improve is to practice. So before undertaking a larger work, I thought a perfect way to practice would be fan fiction. It is short but I have where I want the story to go. I intend for there to be a romantic element to it, unsure to what extent. That is so far not yet included, however in the future, be warned some parts may take a salacious turn. Briefly, it is a high/blood elf-centric story. I am doing my best with lore and chronology but there will most likely be mistakes. It’s been published on Wattpad, Fanfiction, and Archive of Our Own. The story is called “Eventide” and the author is Hyacinthos. Thoughts are of course appreciated.

1 Like

Sound good. Try to write just one page a day and see where it goes from there. I learned a bit as I wrote my self inserts into the chapters, about these lore figures, and what is cannon or not.

The community has been a little quite just of late but I’m sure if your writing is good that they will have positive, reliable, and useful feedback on how you can improve.

Piggybacking on this because I don’t know what the rules are for self-promo (even if its fanfic).

For anyone who is interested, I have moved over to Fanfiction as well (signed up back in February but raid leadership took up 90% of my time). Future works will be published there as I will be taking an indefinite break from the game after this week. I can be found under the author name “dreadcorgi”.

Thank you all for being a positive influence on my writing and giving me hope to persevere through waves of self-doubt. Maybe one day I’ll eventually write my own unique/original creation, but until then I welcome you all to pop in on my FanFiction profile to see what is there.