Season of Mastery PvP Rank Fix Underway

it’s absolutely absurd how useless you guys are

you fixed the ranks and people that bought rank 10 gear:
A) can still wear it
B) didnt get the gear removed

thanks for ruining SoM, I wish I could be complete garbage at my job and still get paid like you guys!

3 Likes

They are removing the gear. They just haven’t done it yet. They just posted a little while ago and they are not at work now.

I wish you guys would of just halved the decay… so it would take 3 months to get rank 14 but u can eventually get it with bracket 11 or something because soon there wont even be a bracekt 1 spot on most servers anyway… this was the play. It doesn’t interfere with raid gearing and it still lets people who have a life and a working brain to get some PvP gear if they don’t like raiding…

5 Likes

Yeah you can’t coast to R14 with 40% decay. It is gonna be sweaty. You HAVE TO get bracket 14 at least at some point to get to R14.

Well if you don’t want to wait 20 weeks.

1 Like

Yea half decay would have been much better. Barman shanker seems like it is already seeing a big decline in players. Who wants to no life the game even for 6-7 weeks for something that lasts 12 months? It isn’t healthy and blizzard should have taken this chance to fix it.

1 Like

right? like they changed so much things, and didn’t change the stupidest thing about the game. They could of easily made it TBC PvP gearing system, but put in caps so you can’t get certain gear until a certain week. Or something better, an arena points system but for BGs so you would have to do RBG type thing to gear up.

1 Like

I had 10 friends quit the game over losing rank after buying gear vendoring others… The damage has been done and its MASSIVE. 3 Guilds cleared mc in full ranker gear… and obtained even more fraudulent gear… will all this be removed aswell as riding skill earned for 95g? Wanted to make sure for the mass of my server. Jom gabber that everything was fair. @Kaivax

1 Like

10 friends huh??? riiiiiiight…

1 Like

Obviously just a pr thing as they probably dont have any robot/automated tool to remove the gear for em. Fully expect that nothing is removed. They should have done a rollback, now its too late cause they dont have the balls to remove few hours of progress.

Completely agree. This would be the best solution (other than creating an altogether new PvP / Honor system since the current one worked ok in 2005 and not so much in 2019 onward)

Half decay would be as broken if not moreso, you guys dont understand how it works.

e.g. in the old system someone that just hit rank13 would be seeing 11,000 decay per week, while getting standing 1 would give them 13,000rp, so they would net +2000 which would be 40% to rank14…
If you halve decay you’d be saying they would go from +2000 to +7,500 … nearly quadrupling rank gain.

Halving decay would mean standings in the ~50th percentile could hit rank14 fairly easily.

The only logical solution is double RP double decay. They just forgot the double decay part.

The issue is that as you near 60000 RP for rank 14 your decay at 40% decay begins to equal your weekly RP gains.

So you barely reach 60000 RP in bracket 13 and you do so very slowly because you decay almost as much as you earn each week.

40% of 60000 = 24000 RP decay

Bracket 13 RP max is 24000 RP

No its 26,000

No that is bracket 14

people should not be running around in PvP gear that outranks MC/ony gear this early in SoM. it’s that simple.

if that was happening 15 years ago, WoW would not have been the massive success it was, I can tell you that.

3 Likes

The other factor that people forget to mention is that people will rank out of the player pool in a system that is based on the player pool. You’ll see dozens of rank14s next week who will stop ranking, then dozens more hit rank14 the following week with less effort. This will repeat itself over and over until it only takes a few days of honor to breeze through the top ranks… Meanwhile BWL still isn’t out and everyone is running around in gear that makes BWL gear obsolete.

1 Like

True but there are limited slots each week for bracket 14 so people will be delayed. You have to get bracket 14 to finish ranking. If you want rank 14.

There is double decay. It is 40%. They just fixed it yesterday.

It says in the paragraph that they intend to refund. Did you not read it all?

I think, unless the stars line up very well for them, it will take a top bracket spot twice to finish.