Season Of Mastery, Does it end?

I feel labeling something as “SEASON” indicates that their is an end to this launch and I’m just curious if that is going to be the case.

For example, are we leveling to 60 and then they are wiping the servers after a year or so?

Other example, are we leveling to 60, and then being given the option to start over and transfer our characters to “forever realms” like they did during TBC that eventually destroyed any progress which I would assume with recent history being provided that this would be the same outcome again when a new season is released? Dead Servers that we transfer to with our 60’s?

Just trying to understand exactly IF there is an END to season of mastery. Part of me feels the reason for no word on this from Blizzard is because they are taking the wait and see approach which isn’t very comforting…

I dunno… I originally thought that they would just let it go off into the same pattern as CE after people got the option to transfer off of SoM to CE at the end of the season, but a comment from a recent WillE video has me second guessing. He said that SoM will, after that transfer grace period, be effectively deleted.

I’ve found his information to be fairly accurate, I just don’t know where he’s referencing that. Has Blizzard made an announcement to that end?

from my understanding they said after the first season all characters will be moved to TBC

1 Like

I saw a note that said you could choose which server to transfer to at the end.

it ends after one year and then you choose which realm to transfer to for free after

3 Likes

If thats the case, cool.

Your saying transfer into TBC Classic at they end of the season? Im confused I reallly wanna play it but dont wanna play somthing and lose it all at they end!

Then a seasonal server/game ain’t for you. It caters to a different mindset.

at the end of SoM you will have the option to transfer your character to a Classic Era server before they purge the servers

1 Like

BY FIRE BE PURGED

1 Like

I believe that they’ll be sent to the classic era realms now which one if you get to choose or not is unsure, but I don’t think they will be transferable to TBC classic era.

It will always live in our hearts.

I now have a vision of the future.
All my SoM characters líned up to get knocked into the lava with that giant hammer.

Thank you.
It brings me peace.

There’s like 1000 people playing, so yeah it ended already lol