Season of Mastery Design Intentions, Part 2 of 2

Here we go again…

Maybe they aren’t listening to all the retailers that want to completely change the essence of Vanilla/Classic

10 Likes

Has the team considered making any adjustments for healers? Specifically allowing more than one type of hot on player(in Vanilla only one Renew, rejuv, ect… could be active at a time)?

It would be nice if more than one resto druid could play the game. Not only for the players but also for progression where a guild can fit in more resto druids over say stacking priests and allow for better use of loot(since gear progression in a short cycle is going to be a problem with better tuning)

4 Likes

You could literally double a meme specs DPS/Damage, and they’d still do 30% less than meta specs, it’s that bad. If you actually read logs you’d know how big this gap is between meme and meta.

And that’s hypocritical, how is changing the raid difficulty of MC from easy mode to mythic raiding the essence of vanilla? lol

6 Likes

Pure nostalgia carried me through Vanilla WoW a 2nd time with Vanilla classic, glaring warts & all - but that shipped has now sailed. SoM retains most of the “warts” that I personally find game-breaking, so hard pass. But, I hope those that do partake of SoM have a lot of fun with it.

1 Like

ah yes, auto attacking. after playing classic as a meme spec i dont see any reason to do it again with 0 buffs or changes.

9 Likes

I’m not a fan of the current retail WoW game, or the original Vanilla WoW game. They are both dumpster fires sitting at the opposite ends of a bell curve of when WoW was the most fun & playable from an overall class/spec/race/itemization perspective (IMO).

2 Likes

Not sure I agree with leaving out class balance. Small changes to meme specs would have been cool. Like enhance/moonkin/ret spell books dropping that give significant power increase through spells given in TBC etc.

8 Likes

Blizzard, you’re completely misguided in your thought process about leaving classes alone. You don’t know the first thing about what people want from your game. Only a tiny fraction of your audience wants you to leave the game alone. MOST of us want new stuff. Dungeons, Raids, Items. Maybe even questing zones. Classes changes are also very important.

SOM is doomed to be a failure. Majority of the people talking about SOM are super casuals who just care about having a live leveling world for 2 months. Virtually nobody else cares about it and it’ll be dead by month 3. We’re talking less than 5,000 active players. You’re probably losing more subs than that from TBC each maintenance period because you’re wasting time on setting up your servers to handle SOM.

11 Likes

This all sounds great. As someone who wants to raid but just struggles at that level, doing pvp at an accelerated rate and the better 5 man itemization at launch are welcomed by me. Era is just empty, so now I can do dungeons again! Better quest xp will make leveling a little nicer, and world pvp more populated.

I’m very excited to play. I’ve leveled two characters to 40ish on era cluster in anticipation lol.

2 Likes

dude, I don’t want to sound like a ‘play retail’ jerk, but isn’t that what TBC is?..

7 Likes

I don’t want class changes. Not everyone wants what you want. Get over it.

11 Likes

changing raids is changing classes because raids are the context in which the class functions. you cannot divorce the 2.

Meme specs were sub par in Vanilla/Classic, and are even more sub par with increased raid difficulty. This will lead to stacking only the best classes, and heavy competition for the gear that drops.

3 Likes

What class do you play?

Or, better question: what class are you going to play?

You can add in wanding in SoM as mana classes go OOM. Nothing says mastering a class like hitting auto-shoot and watching tv.

2 Likes

None of that is a problem. There is still no need to modify classes. The meta adjusting around new changes to raid is one thing but changing classes is another. It’s not happening in SoM. Time to get over it.

4 Likes

What people fail to realize is changes to raid difficulty IS class balancing. Raids are the context in which a class functions.

So this was a bigger nerf to Memes than Meta melee classes: warriors and rogues.

I watched the steams, class diversity he’s speaking of is Mage, Locks.

That’s not diversity, that’s just a shuffle of the already established meta specs.

1 Like

SO everyone just roll aliiance no horde and youre good ~ blizzard

2 Likes

Still no dual spec? Seriously… it’s bad enough it was never introduced for TBC but for SOM it’s basically a necessity. Without the appropriate pvp gear for dps the average player won’t be able to keep up with the gold sink cost of swapping specs 5 times a week for 50g. This is a complete disaster, I won’t be playing if there’s no dual spec.

7 Likes

The only thing your statement is missing is a throws tantrum

I hope you stick to your word, I really do. You won’t, though.

3 Likes