Season of Mastery Beta Updates -- October 27

The Season of Mastery Beta is back online following maintenance and includes the following updates.

Week 4 of open Beta (October 27)

• Many groups of Guard NPCs that were removed from Alterac Valley in patch 1.11 have been restored for Season of Mastery.
  • The denizens of Blackrock Depths have grown more leery of criminal activity and will now attempt to stash their most valuable items away if they suspect that a thief is in their midst.
  • Many adjustments have been made to the raid encounters in Molten Core and Onyxia’s Lair.
  • The PvP honor system has been adjusted to accelerate the rate at which players rank up.
    • Developers’ notes: Each week, the Honor system keeps track of players’ PvP participation, and at the end of the week, player-characters with at least 15 honorable kills are sorted by PvP participation. Once sorted, the system decides how many points to award that week, and the sorting is independent of the character’s current PvP rank. The system then awards a calculated number of expected points, and the calculation uses the character’s current PvP ranking points. This can be simplified to: (this_week’s_expected_points - current_ranking_points) * rate_factor. The result is then added to the character’s current_ranking_points, so each week, every player-character approaches their deserved rank. In Classic Era, the rate_factor (i.e. the percentage of the previous week’s expected points that will be awarded) is 20%. In Season of Mastery, we are increasing that rate to 40% to match the faster pace of content.

Please join us starting tomorrow at 2:00 p.m. PDT (5:00 p.m. EDT) for another round of raid testing. Molten Core and Onyxia’s Lair will be open for 24 hours.

Thank you!

16 Likes

I need more info on this

I read it as the more you pick pocket, the less is available. Diminishing returns.

1 Like

I wonder what the threshold is?

Someone explain the ranking change to me…

1 Like

what about balance. We need pally and shamans on both sides and also need either TBC talent trees or a brand new balances done. Other wise. we will go back to warrior tanks with rogues and wars as the main dps lol.

6 Likes

These things are simply not happening.

They want a different game mode of Classic, not TBC without outlands.

5 Likes

But thank you for the updates. Glad to see that we are changing for the better. Keep it up boss man.

2 Likes

Maybe just ban the bots instead of this lazy, no brain attempt at stopping their petty 25g an hour gold farm.

6 Likes

well they have already taken stuff from TBC so it can happen so I will keep on posting about it.

1 Like

Great news! I still cannot get into the Beta servers, however. Beside the server names I see “Not Compatible.” Anyone else?

Edit- Solved. Restart Battle net and let the game update.

2 Likes

yea, I think that’s the same for everyone right now.
Probably gunna have to wait for another larger update for the game.

Relog your B-Net to trigger the update

Many adjustments have been made to the raid encounters in Molten Core and Onyxia’s Lair.

:thinking:

ya thats only 600g a day but who needs gold in SoM

will there be any pvp changes to maps?

Blockquote * Many groups of Guard NPCs that were removed from Alterac Valley in patch 1.11 have been restored for Season of Mastery.

THANK YOUUUUU BLIZZARD. There IS some life left in that pale, beaten dead corpse of yours. You just earned yourselves a re-sub. Thank youuuuuuuu

Literally one of the largest posts in the old classic forums was about the state of AV. Everyone loves this battleground and that post was completely ignored.

This isn’t going to be a total rebalance of power in AV but it’s a step in the right direction so thank you!

5 Likes

It looks like they removed decay and eliminated brackets and sped up the process. I could be wrong because it is not well explained.

1 Like

Basically nerfed pick pocketing in BRD for rogues

2 Likes

Yeah maybe just ban the bots in the first place and they wont have any effect on the game in the first place? Maybe ban the bots in the first place instead of changing the game to work around them?

6 Likes