Season of Discovery Hotfixes - Updated February 12

Any word on any new east coast normal/pvp servers? Not a fan of layers

1 Like

It’s the same with the mage rune living flame. It’s why my guild will never bring 2 mages in the same group. Doesn’t surprise me at all with was missed by the SOD dev team, they are not the brightest bulbs in the house

thanks for the update

ah boy here we go, more hunter nerfs.

Wheres the tuesday patchnotes?

January 8, 2024

Season of Discovery

• [With weekly restarts] The Battle for Ashenvale now has minimum and maximum times between battles. It will now never restart sooner than about 2 hours after its last start, and will not take longer than about 3 hours since its last start. If player activity is very low or very high, the percentage progress will be sped up or slowed down to match those time constraints.
  • [With weekly restarts] Battle for Ashenvale quests “Clear the Forest!” and “Repelling Invaders” now award 1000 reputation (was 200).
4 Likes

But you keep us capped at revered…

Correct. Aside from the mark turn in which goes to exalted, you have to play Warsong Gulch for the remaining leg to exalted.

If you need any other guidance, I’m here frequently and I’ll reply back as soon as I can.

Fix/nerf deep wounds. Warriors are out of control now!

This is a pretty huge change. You’re essentially getting 5 WSG wins per week doing this quest.

We’re stuck at 25 for another whole month, and no very much needed balancing changes, no comments on the arbitrary damage reduction in wsg, and no changes to wsg matchmaking. Should be named Season of Raid logging

This change gives you 5k “free” rep into Exalted. It’s pretty huge. My mage only needs to get 3k more rep in WSG with this change.

I won’t say I regret taking my Priest all the way to Exalted but I definitely could have saved some time if I knew this was coming.

Hopefully this kills the pug vs premade crying now that a lot of the edge is taken off the grind. But forums may forum so we will see.

Worst change ever… Fix iron/gold veins maybe?

Devs: “I hope you had a great holidays and we are excited about 2024. We have been reading through feedback and we have some changes we think you will really like”

… Outlines positive changes …

Forums: “Worst devs ever, die in a fire!”

Devs: “As always we appreciate that feedback, it is very … Enlightening”

Aww, hunter mad he’s not top dps anymore?

I guess I am not understanding this change. How is this giving you rep into exalted?

that scroll you pick up from dead guards/bosses in ashenvale that starts a quest that you can then turn in for a item that gives you a 2 hour buff, yeah that quest now gives you 1000 rep.

Ok thanks.

That feels like a long time to me. I thought it would be more like an hour, but what do I know?

:woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Correct, but the change is conjunctive. it’s a free catch-up mechanic over the next few months for the non-sweatsters that won’t have grinded to exalted via the frat haze that is WSG pugging.

1 Like