Season of Discovery Hotfixes - Updated February 12

Two issues:

Blizzard is attempting to nerf and balance classes around PVP… its never going to happen when you ham-fist changes to classes. With the buffs to priests and druids, go take a MB w/ SWP on and see how hard it hits - it will two shot you now.

I am all for nerfing BM to help w /PVP. However, don’t say hunters are top DPS because warriors sht on them in a good comp. Also - its not about numbers, its about having more than one choice of what to go. Right now hunters are limited to the following:

BM Spec → BM Runes → Cat Pet — nothing else is viable.

1 Like

Just fix the layering please. It’s so broken I was unable to complete quests with guildies. We were IN GROUP and one phased out standing right next to us and then the other guild mate and I started a duel and immediately zoned out if each other’s layer in a duel - then we tried for over 30 minutes to group back up to do A Noble Brew (by Stalvan) and the game refused to put us on the same layer despite everything we tried - reloading, relogging, restarting, inviting different combinations of players to group, inviting each other, having a 3rd guildie invite us to group - no matter what we tried the game wouldn’t layer us together until we gave up and went back in to Stormwind then like Gazoo, guildie appeared right next to me dumb dumbs

Nevermind Ashenvale PvP event %'s getting to 100% and then insta layered for it to reset back to 85% :man_shrugging:

Neat patch! Now all 3 mage specs are the lowest 3 on dps chart!

Homunculi is AFK.

December 13, 2023

Season of Discovery

• Population adjustments have been made to layers in the Ashenvale PvP event which should result in an improved experience for players.
  • Ashenvale progress should be much more consistent.
    • Developers’ notes: In a future hotfix, the Battle for Ashenvale progress will no longer reset to 0% when the final layer on the server finishes their battle.
  • Runes sold at the Honored tier of Azeroth Commerce Authority and Durotar Supply and Logistics reputation are now sold at the Friendly tier.
  • Drop rates for higher-level Waylaid Supplies have been slightly raised and unfulfillable Waylaid Supplies have been removed.
  • The gold prices of several runes and rune related items have been reduced.
  • Blackfathom Deeps
    • The waterfalls at the entrance to the Lorgus Jett encounter now properly despawn after he is defeated.
    • Dream Eater should no longer kill you if you’re pulled into the second phase of the Twilight Lord Kelris fight while still afflicted by the aura.
4 Likes

Can we fix the layering please. My guild and I were trying all night last night to group together to get the Blood of the Legions and to summon in Darn. We could never get all together on one layer. Ridiculous.

1 Like

can we fix people buying gold and would also be nice if blizzard could stop promoting it by only giving warnings to streamers who are openly doing it

1 Like

Layering has NOT been fixed in the Ashenvale event. In fact I haven’t seen a single event out of the last four get completed because of how badly it’s broken.

1 Like

Uhh great. Can I get my gold back for grinding to honored for the rune the day before you make this change?

How about removing the use of Flightpaths during the pvp event. Horde has 2 flightpaths while alliance has 1. Horde can easily stretch across the map faster when they’re organized. If alliance doesn’t have the mount it’s RIP.

You couldn’t fly into Wintergrasp while it was ongoing. this should be the same. Allies should be able to fly to Astranaar and Horde should be able to fly to the lumber camp. that’s it fly in but no flight from one end to the other.

3 Likes

OFC you’ve managed to bust ashenvale even further and have left it in this state, its totally unacceptable. Stop messing with the layers, its causing the event to bug out during the fight and neither side can win.

3 Likes

Some of the Ashenvale bosses are not spawning when they’re supposed to. Had a match as well where a boss died but map still listed them as alive. Alliance were unable to complete the match

1 Like

Love the constant updates to SOD!

Big “I paid my student loans” energy

100% agree

Please stop ruining the game further. World PVP has always been unplayable but now it’s beyond lag it’s straight up bugged and not working.

Small Indie Company.

Haven’t been able to do the event at all since your “fix”.

December 14, 2023

Season of Discovery

• Healing Rain will no longer interrupt the auto-attack swing timer of the casting Shaman every time it heals.
  • Living Flame will now cease to spread and deal damage if the Mage caster no longer has the rune equipped.
  • Regeneration and Mass Regeneration will now properly consume Arcane Blast when they benefit from it, regardless of the Mage’s healing targets.
  • Mage Temporal Beacon will now also heal based on damage done by Arcane wands.
  • The radius of healing for Mass Regeneration has been increased to 30 yards (was 15 yards).
  • Battle for Ashenvale
    • The Priestess of the Moon Felore Moonray and Far Seer Kazragore are now spawned in Ashenvale while the Battle for Ashenvale is inactive, and are available to turn in quest items. Felore Moonray can be found in the inn in Astranaar, and Kazragore can be found in the inn in Splintertree Post. During the battle, they will move to their respective battlefield positions.
    • [With realm restarts] Fixed an issue where progress for the Battle for Ashenvale could be reset repeatedly by battles ending at different times on different layers.
7 Likes

Happy to see the buff to mage healers. Arcane wand gives it some flavor too.