Season of Discovery Hotfixes - September 11

still not working …

Really fun taking 15 minutes to go from the entrance to the mountain up to the chains …

REALLY engaging mechanics guys …

So are we ever gonna get a fix for the unplayability of Blackrock Mountain? Imagine the thing driving all your players away not being priority #1 lol.

they added a pacified effect to your resurrections
helps with running to instances/out of the mountain

was this in the patch notes?

Awful change, completely guts the entire aspect of PvP in an extremely lazy event designed by Blizz.

Why not just delay how often the event occurs rather than have the downtime only be every other hour.
Drained by blood has only made it so massive groups kill a few stragglers as they come out of invisibility. There is no back and forth anymore, you are lucky to even get 10 kills in 10 minutes now as a solo player.

Revert this change as it is absolutely horrible.

It makes gameplay clunky and inconsistent.

You want to nerf hunter ability to lock down a zone with endless traps?

Entrapment should DR itself OR only trigger from trap activation WHILE TRAP LAUNCHER IS ACTIVE

Problem solved.

2 Likes

July 22, 2024

Season of Discovery

• Devilsaur gauntlets should no longer require core leather. They now require 12 Devilsaur leather and 8 Essence of Fire in addition to their other existing mats. Devilsaur leggings should now require 20 Devilsaur leather and 10 Essence of fire in addition to their other mats.
  • Made some improvements to the respawn rate of mobs and quest objects on Alcaz Island.
  • The Chipped Drakefire Amulet and Valor of Azeroth spell book are now available from Squire Rowe in Stormwind and Eitrigg in Orgrimmar for players who have completed the Onyxia quest chain.
  • Gift of Gob will no longer cancel on stealth.
  • Made some improvements to Bolvar Fordragon’s respawn time.
  • Zor Lonetree’s wares are available while completing Rune discoveries.
  • Corrected the stats on the Old Guard Retaliator.
  • Darkmoon Card: Sandstorm will no longer ignore line-of-sight.
  • Quests from Zalgo the Explorer no longer erroneously give Zandalar Tribe reputation. They now give reputation for the Emerald Wardens up to friendly 5999/6000. These quests will always reward the same amount of reputation based on level.
  • All runes sold by the Emerald Wardens quartermasters no longer require reputation to purchase. Catnip and Wolfshead Trophy no longer require Emerald Wardens reputation to purchase.
  • “The Lost Tablets of Mosh’aru” should now be completable if you’ve previously completed “The God Hakkar”.
  • In Nightmare Incursions, Ghamoo-Raja will now leash and no longer has infinite range on certain attacks.
  • Hunter
    • Explosive Shot will no longer ignore line-of-sight.
    • Fixed an issue with Lethal Shots that made it stop working after death until the Hunter re-equips their ranged weapon.
  • Mage
    • Presence of Mind will no longer be removed from the Mage without successfully casting Chronostatic Preservation.
  • Rogue
    • When the Carnage rune is engraved, Crimson Tempest will now correctly apply Carnage to all enemies struck by the DoT.
  • Shaman
    • Clearcasting will now correctly be consumed if you have 5 stacks of Maelstrom Weapon and you cast a non-Maelstrom Weapon empowered spell.
    • Totem of Earthen Vitality will no longer activate when the Shaman is merely struck.
    • Overcharged will no longer ignore line-of-sight.
  • Warlock
    • Master Channeler’s Drain Life will no longer prematurely end vs. large enemies like Lord Kazzak.
    • Mark of Chaos will no longer fail to refresh if the target has Curse of the Elements or Curse of Shadows active on them.
    • Curse of the Elements and Curse of Shadows will now return ‘A more powerful spell is already active.’
  • Warrior
    • Bosses in dungeons are now always immune to Meathook as intended.
3 Likes

Amazing change, I’d much rather have the T0.5 vendor be unlocked account wide once one character has fully completed the questline (seeing as the each of the pieces are 40g+ and already a gold sink). But least next time I have to go to that horrible place for my alt (after I finish leveling it), it will be less painful.

1 Like

Where’s my healing t0.5 as a mage healer with the spirit on it? It wasn’t rewarded as part of the quest, and I can’t see it on the vendor, but it is in the game files. Is it an oversight or intentional?

1 Like

Still can’t use Divine Steed as a Paladin with this applied.

A number of us mages are bugged out of getting Frozen Orb.

We cannot get our runes.

Updated this change above.

• Gift of Gob will no longer cancel on stealth.

I love this thing so I really hope something can be done about mounting with it.

Makes it really hard for me to use it for fun goblin dungeons.

Great updates! Thank you.

Revert this.

Meathooking Dungeon Bosses was a hilarious way to get a fight going as a Tank.

Meanwhile Warlocks have to spend money to keep retraining their level 60 pets that seem to keep forgetting what they were trained. And also our pet’s spawn with 1/3 life EVERYWHERE!

Can you please pass this down so it can be fixed? I know rogues stealthing around as a Goblin is kinda important and all but can you guys please fix Warlocks?

Rogue

• When the Carnage rune is engraved, Crimson Tempest will now correctly apply Carnage to all enemies struck by the DoT.

Can we please see some threat adjustments for rogues? Please. Holding any type of aoe threat, even with Alpha or Salv, is nearly impossible. Just a Flesh Wound definitely needs a threat buff.

I tanked Kazzak a couple days ago(which is single target) and I could BARELY hold aggro. How is our threat seriously this bad? Please please please check into this. I’m definitely not the only rogue tank having this issue. The forums and rogue tanking discord are full of players complaining about our threat. Please help!

Been that way since Vanilla 2005, you can look at your demons skills in the spell book to see what rank their spells are (or if they have them).

Likely because they are gaining some our stats (such as stamina) after being summoned as well as other talents that effect their stats.

If you held threat, what’s the problem? You didn’t have more unnecessary threat? Are you really just whining that your TPS number wasn’t higher?