Season of Discovery Hotfixes - May 8

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: cry for me plz.

I agree that redirect is less than good. I think it should be both a passive and an on use ability. When on use, like say you hit your redirect key bind , it should automatically drop your current target so you don’t accidentally hit the same target and put the points back to the same mob. I know you can probably macro this, but we shouldn’t have to.
As a passive it should transfer any combo points left on a mob when it dies to the next mob you hit. I’m talking strictly pve with this one, even though I think it would be glorious to have something like this in pvp, I think it would be OP af.

Melee hunter still needs significantly more tuning.

Shuriken Toss needs a damage buff because right now it feels like Plastic Toy Toss.

Can we fix EARTHSHIELD ALREADY!?!?

1 Like

February 21, 2024

WoW Classic: Season of Discovery

• Elite and Dungeon Quests now grant additional bonus experience.
  • The Dismantle enchant now procs more often for casters and melee.
  • The vendor price of Ez-Thro Radiation Bombs and High-Yield Radiation Bomb has been reduced.
  • Players in the Spirit World can now resurrect at Chained Spirits for up to 30 minutes after a Blood Moon ends.
  • Spirit of Redemption Form will no longer instantly cancel if you attempt to cast spells not allowed in that form. Doing so now returns an error message.
  • A Zandalarian Emissary can now be found atop the Durotar zeppelin tower.
  • Mage
    • Spell Power now benefits the critical strike damage of Spellfrost Bolt.
  • Rogue
    • Preparation now properly resets the cooldowns of Quick Draw, Between the Eyes, and Redirect.
    • Shuriken Toss will no longer sometimes cause loss of combo points when a Rogue is talented into Seal Fate and a bounced Shuriken crits a secondary target.
  • Shaman
    • Offhand Stormstrike hits can now correctly trigger weapon procs, including Windfury Weapon and Flurry.
    • Healing Rain no longer has a variant height for its animation. The Healing Rain cloud now always appears just above player’s heads.
  • Warlock
    • Haunt will now properly increase the damage done by Siphon Life.
    • Developers’ notes: Siphon Life behaves like Drain Life and will only be increased by Haunt if it is cast while Haunt is already active. These abilities do not dynamically update their values when Haunt is applied or falls off.
2 Likes

Thanks for the fix, blizz!

what’s the point of preparation reset between the eyes? it’s dr’d also won’t build combo points that fast anyway

There’s no point reseting Redirect’s CD because it’s not usable in PvP. (Don’t think that there are any Subtlety rogues doing PvE.)

Redirect in SoD has a terrible design. It has 1 min CD (like… why?) and it works only in melee range. Also we need to use a spell to “activate” the stored combo points… which again: it’s a bad design. You storing the combo points because you want to use them… and the only spells that you can use to activate the combo points are the combo point generators. Smh…
The original Cataclysm version had 40 yard range, it had 1 min cd BUT you were able to Glyph it which reduced the CD to 10 seconds (since there’s no Glyph system in SoD the 1 min CD doesn’t make any sense). You were able to activate the combo points whenever you wanted by using Redirect again, and not by using a combo point generator…
You were able to store the combo points from dead targets as well.

The SoD version of Shadowstep is also crap. Why would you put GCD on Shadowstep when it never had GCD during any WoW expansion??

No idea who’s doing the rogue Runes/Spells in SoD but he clearly hates rogues. Or has no clue about them at all.

4 Likes

Did some STV and Gnomer with SPriest yesterday after nerf, they did great.

Not sure where your sentiment is coming from

1 Like

Why not all quests…regular quests are far behind vs xp gained in dungeons… and regular quests are mostly done in contested territories…not every one wants to sit in dungeons for hours on end…

2 Likes

Honestly it would just be nice if they changed Redirect to a Passive which said CP’s are stored on your character and give a similar book to druids.

5 Likes

Yeah I’d prefer that too. It’d be a HUGE QoL update.
Currently I’m not even using Redirect because it’s not really worth to track the 1 min CD. Making a QoL spell like that to 1 min CD is just silly, it shows that the SoD devs have no clue about rogues.
Also it’s not even usable in PvP.

2 Likes

Were tuning the other classes guys look. (Puts out bug fixes) ta da we did stuff.

I don’t even press redirect. It’s a trash ability.

3 Likes

you’re the trash in this scenario, since it is useful on a few fights.

do you understand how utterly broken this would be? it’s not even a rune and you want it to completely dumb down the playstyle and give rogue an unneeded pvp buff. that is not a QoL update.

1 Like

Need more 2H enhancement buffs. Come on, stop forcing DW on us! Please!

2 Likes

Can yall please fix rogue dps instead of making stupid changes like this? Shuriken toss and redirect are garbage spells that nobody likes using.

When did I say that I want it in PvP? :clown_face:
I just mentioned it because there’s no reason to add Redirect to the Preparation reset since it’s not usable in PvP. And I doubt that there are any Subtlety rogues playing PvE.